Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

He's a shit for sure, but the lads reaction is no different from players on any given weekend, that scream in agony and then get up and run like a greyhound. At least he is a kid, the players are adults that act like kids. Now I've seen the video, I'm sure he will get a long ban, as he definitely appears to kick him. Occupational hazard I guess.

The magnificence of Swansea's humiliation of Chelsea, has been overshadowed unfortunately.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 2

Wasn't as bad as I first thought.

It really does look like in kicking the ball he made contact with the boy, however. The problem is he's got a big jacket on so it's hard to see where the kick landed.

Still a sending off, should still get a ban of some sort.

But the ballboy was an idiot.

Certainly a funny incident in the end. Gives us something to talk about!

Yup, Chelsea fans need something to cheer them up.

Former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher told BBC Radio 5 live: "There was a precedent when Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher was sent off for throwing a coin into the crowd against Arsenal at Highbury in 2002.

"Referee Chris Foy was absolutely correct to send off Eden Hazard, it is violent conduct. He has quite rightly sent him off. He will report it as an act of violent conduct to the FA."

Edited by uptheos

what we should be talking about is swansea getting to a wembley cup final. shame that this attention-seeking little blert and an idiot footballer have overshadowed that.

• Like 1

I wonder what the reaction would have been if the player in this instance was Suarezcheesy.gif

bring back the death penalty. string him up.

Why is it you find it objectionable for a ball boy to indulge in a bit of simulation, feigning injury, but when it is the players doing it, you argue that it is a non issue, just part of the game?

What this little tw@t did is the accumulative affect of all the sports great cheats, the Ronaldos, the Nanis, the Bales, the Suarezs... and all the rest. These are the players who inspire the next generation, and who play an enormous role in shaping the attitude they have to the game... and not only the game, but extending to other aspects of their life, in this case, returning a ball. These are the players who are teaching kids that it's ok to do whatever you have to do, to win a game, to not worry about ethics or sportsmanship; the very type of ethos that you were defending last week.

I don't know how you can defend that sort of ethos, but then become incensed when a kid mimics the exact same sort of behaviour.

• Like 2

Next manager......

..........Mourinho!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21163909

What a rubbish interview! Surely the burning questions where he will be managing next year, not in the future managing a national side. They ask him about PSG, but not City or Chelsea? Dumb journalism..............unless he pre-warned them he would not answer those questions.

I still think he will be back at the bridge next season.

what we should be talking about is swansea getting to a wembley cup final. shame that this attention-seeking little blert and an idiot footballer have overshadowed that.

Bit harsh on Hazard there. I've seen what he did on the field many times with players wasting time shielding the ball on the floor. I agree what he done was wrong, but I doubt he was expecting the ball boy to do that and was trying to get the ball.

Bit harsh on Hazard there. I've seen what he did on the field many times with players wasting time shielding the ball on the floor. I agree what he done was wrong, but I doubt he was expecting the ball boy to do that and was trying to get the ball.

Harsh? Stevie only called him a idiot. Don't you think his actions qualify as idiotic? It's not like there aren't a dozen cameras recording players and capable of zooming in and magnifying their every move. Not like they can surreptitiously sneak in a little crafty kick and get away with nobody seeing it. He must of known that kicking the ball boy would be noticed and he would get punished. If he didn't, he's an idiot. If he did, he's still an idiot.

Next manager......

..........Mourinho!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21163909

What a rubbish interview! Surely the burning questions where he will be managing next year, not in the future managing a national side. They ask him about PSG, but not City or Chelsea? Dumb journalism..............unless he pre-warned them he would not answer those questions.

I still think he will be back at the bridge next season.

I guess because PSG seem to have money to burn at the moment and Paris is around the corner from London for a guy like him.

He did say in an interview with Pedro Pinto that he had absolutely no problem working with Abramavitch again.

However, for some reason I don't think he's the type to 'go back' and IMO if he decides on England, I think it will be one of the Manchester clubs. Either SAF will step down or RM will get the push if United win the league.

He won't go back to Chelsea because he wants the record for managing the most clubs to CL success and the most clubs to league success etc etc.

He's an ego maniac and i'm really not sure i'm mentally prepared for his self adoring press conferances and post match interviews. He's an absolute tool.

Sam Allardyce is a good fit at the bridge

• Like 1

He won't go back to Chelsea because he wants the record for managing the most clubs to CL success and the most clubs to league success etc etc.

He's an ego maniac and i'm really not sure i'm mentally prepared for his self adoring press conferances and post match interviews. He's an absolute tool.

Sam Allardyce is a good fit at the bridge

And he's not afraid of masticating in front of the world!

I just saw the the video of the little turdcutter taking one in the bread basket. I'm no Chelsea fan, but I'm even less a fan of spoiled brat ballboys wallowing around on the ball. Sign of the times I reckon. I say suspend Hazard and the kid for two or three matches and call it even.wai2.gif

Did anyone mention that the little knob jockey tweeted before the game that he was ballboy and added '#needed #fortimewasting"?

Still, Hazard has a 3-match ban, should be enough as far as I'm concerned, but you know how the FA love riding waves of public sympathy when it comes to Johnny Foreigner....

I wonder what the reaction would have been if the player in this instance was Suarezcheesy.gif

bring back the death penalty. string him up.

Why is it you find it objectionable for a ball boy to indulge in a bit of simulation, feigning injury, but when it is the players doing it, you argue that it is a non issue, just part of the game?

What this little tw@t did is the accumulative affect of all the sports great cheats, the Ronaldos, the Nanis, the Bales, the Suarezs... and all the rest. These are the players who inspire the next generation, and who play an enormous role in shaping the attitude they have to the game... and not only the game, but extending to other aspects of their life, in this case, returning a ball. These are the players who are teaching kids that it's ok to do whatever you have to do, to win a game, to not worry about ethics or sportsmanship; the very type of ethos that you were defending last week.

I don't know how you can defend that sort of ethos, but then become incensed when a kid mimics the exact same sort of behaviour.

I reckon that Hazard thought the ball boy had fallen asleep on the ball and was just giving the toerag a tap to wake him up.A red card for something that happened off the field and did not involve another player?

I reckon that Hazard thought the ball boy had fallen asleep on the ball and was just giving the toerag a tap to wake him up.A red card for something that happened off the field and did not involve another player?

Once the teams walk out, there is no such place as off the field and it doesn't have to involve another player, as in Gary Neville (I think) throwing a coin back into the crowd, for which he was shown a red card,

Once the teams walk out, there is no such place as off the field and it doesn't have to involve another player, as in Gary Neville (I think) throwing a coin back into the crowd, for which he was shown a red card,

Jamie Carragher. And oldgit, Violent conduct is violent conduct, although sometimes the refs make me shake my head in disbelief.

• Like 1

Swansea should be thrown out of the final for fielding an overage ball boy surely....17 <deleted>! directors son? spoilt brat.

Hazard should be made to do his ban community service like.....being a ballboy at the games he misses.

• Like 2

Not a big fan of theDaily Fail, but this article sums it up.

http://www.dailymail...-Newcastle.html

Yes sums it up nicely, and also mentions the blatant penalty on sunday, but hey not many teams get them at white hart lane do they, if that penalty was not given at to a opposing old trafford the media would have been in a frenzy.

• Like 2

oh i don't know, is it because he's a ballboy (well, he's 17 so ballman really) and not a player? what do i win?

what a load of <deleted> rix. shall we open the discussion up to the kid's mum and dad, bad parenting and the general decline in victorian values? how about lack of discipline in schools and the rise of the culture of the self? because if you genuinely believe that the blame for a kid being a <deleted> lies at the door of footballers who throw in a few theatrics to try and win football matches we're in bigger trouble than i thought.

oh i don't know, is it because he's a ballboy (well, he's 17 so ballman really) and not a player? what do i win?

What do you win? Not best reasoned argument that is for sure.

One is a ball boy, and one is a player. Yeah, I get that. I don't get why one is a deceitful knob for feigning injury and the other isn't.

what a load of <deleted> rix. shall we open the discussion up to the kid's mum and dad, bad parenting and the general decline in victorian values? how about lack of discipline in schools and the rise of the culture of the self? because if you genuinely believe that the blame for a kid being a <deleted> lies at the door of footballers who throw in a few theatrics to try and win football matches we're in bigger trouble than i thought.

How often do you see parents, teachers, headmasters, neighbours, politicians, local businessmen, diving on the floor, getting lightly tapped by a boot, not being hurt at all, but deciding to writhe around in pain as if having been shot? Parents, teachers, headmasters, neighbours, politicians, local businessmen, they all have a role to play in shaping kids values, and bear some of the responsibility for kids who have none, but when it comes to diving and feigning injury, come on, let's not be silly, it's pretty bloody obvious who the kids are emulating, and it's not mummy and daddy.

He is just a teenager having a laugh.

Its not as if he has mugged an old granny now is it?

Of course he's taking the piss....and yes Hazard got well and truly mugged by him!

Question is what the authorities do to prevent a repeat.....I'm volunteering for the job....£50k a year for 90 mins work a week please. :P

How often do you see parents, teachers, headmasters, neighbours, politicians, local businessmen, diving on the floor, getting lightly tapped by a boot, not being hurt at all, but deciding to writhe around in pain as if having been shot? Parents, teachers, headmasters, neighbours, politicians, local businessmen, they all have a role to play in shaping kids values, and bear some of the responsibility for kids who have none, but when it comes to diving and feigning injury, come on, let's not be silly, it's pretty bloody obvious who the kids are emulating, and it's not mummy and daddy.

you seem to be prioritising his 'diving on the floor' and 'feigning injury' over him stealing the ball and being a little <deleted> about wasting time and disrupting a major sporting event. which seems pretty weird. he's a disobedient, trouble-causing little get, which i'd put at the feet of his parents before i would some footballer or other. he's not a diver rix. not everybody is.