Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

you seem to be prioritising his 'diving on the floor' and 'feigning injury' over him stealing the ball and being a little <deleted> about wasting time and disrupting a major sporting event. which seems pretty weird.

You can't separate the two. Yes he wasted time and disrupted a major sporting event... and how did he do that?.. by diving on the floor and then feigning injury from the lightest of touches... and where might he have got the idea to do something silly like that?... my guess is from pathetic and embarrassing incidents like this one, in which so called professionals behave like overgrown babies:

The two incident are miles apart Rix. One is a professional sportsman that may act like a donut and get duly punished for it. The other is an idiot that gets a player sent off then his 15 minutes of fame with no punishment. TBH Hazard should get his ban rescinded, the contact was minimal and was secondary to toe poking the ball. He was trying to keep the game moving.

This was a professional game of football for a place in the final. If any ball boy is to act like that the club should be punished. The kid is an oik and whenever things like this happen, there will be repeat offenders.

The two incident are miles apart Rix. One is a professional sportsman that may act like a donut and get duly punished for it. The other is an idiot that gets a player sent off then his 15 minutes of fame with no punishment. TBH Hazard should get his ban rescinded, the contact was minimal and was secondary to toe poking the ball. He was trying to keep the game moving.

This was a professional game of football for a place in the final. If any ball boy is to act like that the club should be punished. The kid is an oik and whenever things like this happen, there will be repeat offenders.

I agree there is a big difference in the situations, but that isn't what i was arguing about, i was referring purely and simply to the act of what he did, the act of simulation.

I can see a striking resemblance between what the kid did and what certain footballers do, and my suspicion is that this was in some part his inspiration.

If someone is going to argue that simulation is an acceptable part of the game, i just find it odd that they would be so outraged seeing it replicated at the edge of the pitch. Reap what you sow.

Edited by rixalex
  • Like 1

TBH Hazard should get his ban rescinded, the contact was minimal and was secondary to toe poking the ball. He was trying to keep the game moving.

Not a chance. Footballers shouldn't be having any contact with ball boys. If ball boys are wasting time, that's an issue for the refs to deal with.

• Like 2

TBH Hazard should get his ban rescinded, the contact was minimal and was secondary to toe poking the ball. He was trying to keep the game moving.

Not a chance. Footballers shouldn't be having any contact with ball boys. If ball boys are wasting time, that's an issue for the refs to deal with.

Nah, the brat should have got a clip round the ear by the ref, then a spanking from his father. Unfortunately he will be praised by his peers.

It was just a spat between two rich kids! Eden had just spent the night in a hotel belonging to the ballboy's dad, the poshest in town. He isn't a regular boyball any more and was only drafted in as a late replacement because the snow stopped others getting in. The incident had been building for a while, with the Chelsea players getting increasingly frustrated and rushing balls back to the spot where play should resume on several occasions. The flashpoint incident was over in seconds if you run the whole thing at normal speed. Charlie Morgan is deliberately slow in picking the ball up as it goes for a goalkick and lets it hit the barrier, but as Hazard approaches he gets it in his hands, and within a second is jostled as Hazard tries to wrestle it away. From where I was standing Eden then pushes him over, and again tries to wrestle the ball away. Charlie stupidly hangs on ot the ball and the kick follows in the space of about two seconds. Charlie Morgan is an idiot, but - as others have said - you can't go around kicking ball boys. Moreover Tremmel was making his way across to get the ball for the goal kick, and why Eden Hazard thinks it is his ball is also open to question - perhaps he could have saved 10 seconds.

Probably all parties will see the humorous side after some time passes.

More importantly it was an amazing night for the Jack Army and no fluke. Petr Cech saved Chelski from further humiliation as the mighty Swans pressed towards the end. The problem now is that it is very hard to get tickets.

Edited by citizen33

Eden had just spent the night in a hotel belonging to the ballboy's dad, the poshest in town.

What does that have to do with the price of eggs?

It inflates the price! I can assure you that the price of eggs in Morgans restaurant is not cheap and may rise with the extra publicity.

Edited by citizen33

Eden had just spent the night in a hotel belonging to the ballboy's dad, the poshest in town.

What does that have to do with the price of eggs?

It inflates the price! I can assure you that the price of eggs in Morgans restaurant is not cheap and may rise with the extra publicity.

However much they cost, if ordering eggs involves customers first having to wrestle them off the chef, i think i'll give 'em a miss.

I can see a striking resemblance between what the kid did and what certain footballers do, and my suspicion is that this was in some part his inspiration.

well i see what you want to i suppose. i saw a spoiled kid dead used to getting his own way behaving like a little tit. and a player kicking at him to get the ball back. his daft reaction to it? whatever.

but again, if you want to have a discussion about parents, teachers, headmasters, neighbours, politicians, local businessmen etc misbehaving and giving kids the wrong idea, being bad role models, showing them not to do the right thing, then have at it. the diving/simulation/reaction to the initial incident is not the actual issue here. you're obsessed with diving rix, it's getting silly now.

but again, if you want to have a discussion about parents, teachers, headmasters, neighbours, politicians, local businessmen etc misbehaving and giving kids the wrong idea, being bad role models, showing them not to do the right thing, then have at it.

Why would i have at it? You were the one who suggested opening up the debate to include those sorts of role models.

the diving/simulation/reaction to the initial incident is not the actual issue here. you're obsessed with diving rix, it's getting silly now.

It's part of the issue.

And as for getting obsessed with diving and cheating, no, i don't think so, it's not like it is a new thing, been enduring it for many years. What i do accept feeling quite passionately about, is people who argue that just because it is prevalent, we should accept it as part of the game. I'll never be able to do that.

but again, if you want to have a discussion about parents, teachers, headmasters, neighbours, politicians, local businessmen etc misbehaving and giving kids the wrong idea, being bad role models, showing them not to do the right thing, then have at it.

Why would i have at it? You were the one who suggested opening up the debate to include those sorts of role models.

the diving/simulation/reaction to the initial incident is not the actual issue here. you're obsessed with diving rix, it's getting silly now.

It's part of the issue.

And as for getting obsessed with diving and cheating, no, i don't think so, it's not like it is a new thing, been enduring it for many years. What i do accept feeling quite passionately about, is people who argue that just because it is prevalent, we should accept it as part of the game. I'll never be able to do that.

it's bugger all to do with the issue. again, you see what you want to see. the issue is a ballboy tweeting in advance that he was going to waste time, then doing so, then getting kicked by a footballer for doing so. that he rolled around like a <deleted> afterwards is laughable, not something for serious worry or discussion even.

so it's been part of the game for ages but you'll never accept it as part of the game. your problem then really. you should direct such passion towards an issue that really matters like ticket pricing or agents fees or wages. rather than something which 90% or more of the rest of the footballing world doesn't give two hoots about.

it's bugger all to do with the issue. again, you see what you want to see. the issue is a ballboy tweeting in advance that he was going to waste time, then doing so, then getting kicked by a footballer for doing so. that he rolled around like a <deleted> afterwards is laughable, not something for serious worry or discussion even.

OK, if you can't see any contradiction in one week defending players who feign injury, and the next getting outraged at a ball boy who feigned injury, then not much more i can say to you.

so it's been part of the game for ages but you'll never accept it as part of the game. your problem then really. you should direct such passion towards an issue that really matters like ticket pricing or agents fees or wages. rather than something which 90% or more of the rest of the footballing world doesn't give two hoots about.

It's quite possible you know to feel strongly about more than one issue. Just because i feel strongly against cheating in the game, doesn't mean i don't care about other issues.

As for 90% of the footballing world not giving two hoots, i hope and pray you are wrong about that. If this forum is any indication, i suspect you are, because i would be surprised if there is even one other person here, besides you, who wants the English game to go down the same route as other European leagues, in admiring those who cheat "well".

I agree there is a big difference in the situations, but that isn't what i was arguing about, i was referring purely and simply to the act of what he did, the act of simulation.

If someone is going to argue that simulation is an acceptable part of the game, i just find it odd that they would be so outraged seeing it replicated at the edge of the pitch. Reap what you sow.

What concerns me is his father is on the Swansea Board of Directors, and the night before the kid used Twitter to say he was making a comeback as ballboy, in order to be involved in 'timewasting'

He seems like a right spoilt brat, and there seems to have been a certain amount of premeditation.

Have to agree with rix... this nob didnt learn about diving and writhing around on the floor, off his parents or teachers...... its directly off the field of play.

OK, if you can't see any contradiction in one week defending players who feign injury, and the next getting outraged at a ball boy who feigned injury, then not much more i can say to you.

but i'm not outraged at a ballboy 'feigning injury'. i couldn't care less about that. you're getting all wrapped up in your moral outrage again. i'm annoyed that the little fuc_ker set out to waste time and upset the game and tweeted about it beforehand. again, that's the bigger issue that you keep ignoring.

It's quite possible you know to feel strongly about more than one issue. Just because i feel strongly against cheating in the game, doesn't mean i don't care about other issues.

As for 90% of the footballing world not giving two hoots, i hope and pray you are wrong about that. If this forum is any indication, i suspect you are, because i would be surprised if there is even one other person here, besides you, who wants the English game to go down the same route as other European leagues, in admiring those who cheat "well".

well, i'm not wrong. sorry to pop your bubble. and this forum isn't representative anyway because it's mostly english-speaking and largely fans of english clubs. spain, france, italy, germany - all their leagues and their players and their fans consider 'cheating' as you call it just part of the game. and hey look, each of those countries has won a world cup in recent memory. perhaps england should cop on.

but i'm not outraged at a ballboy 'feigning injury'. i couldn't care less about that. you're getting all wrapped up in your moral outrage again. i'm annoyed that the little fuc_ker set out to waste time and upset the game and tweeted about it beforehand. again, that's the bigger issue that you keep ignoring.

I'm not ignoring it, it's just that nobody is making a silly argument about any of that stuff.

I'm not ignoring it, it's just that nobody is making a silly argument about any of that stuff.

well, again, the silly arguments appear to be coming from the very small minority who have a moral superiority complex about diving and looking to gain an advantage. most of the football world doesn't give a shit about diving and looking to win free-kicks. a small minority think it's the end of civilization as we know it. who's silly?

well, again, the silly arguments appear to be coming from the very small minority who have a moral superiority complex about diving and looking to gain an advantage. most of the football world doesn't give a shit about diving and looking to win free-kicks. a small minority think it's the end of civilization as we know it. who's silly?

The one who believes that being against cheating somehow must make you an obsessed hypocrite with a sneering superiority complex.

Strongly disagree Stevie.

I hate the diving and the cheating.

I particularly hate when a player is 'touched' and he rolls around as though he has been battered. Lies prone on the floor, yet 20 seconds later when his team has the ball, is running at full tilt!! Its nonsense.

Suarez has admitted diving. If he was a City player, it would embarass me as a City fan.

I believe most football fans, certainly the ones I know, agree with me.

• Like 1

It was just a spat between two rich kids! Eden had just spent the night in a hotel belonging to the ballboy's dad, the poshest in town. He isn't a regular boyball any more and was only drafted in as a late replacement because the snow stopped others getting in. The incident had been building for a while, with the Chelsea players getting increasingly frustrated and rushing balls back to the spot where play should resume on several occasions. The flashpoint incident was over in seconds if you run the whole thing at normal speed. Charlie Morgan is deliberately slow in picking the ball up as it goes for a goalkick and lets it hit the barrier, but as Hazard approaches he gets it in his hands, and within a second is jostled as Hazard tries to wrestle it away. From where I was standing Eden then pushes him over, and again tries to wrestle the ball away. Charlie stupidly hangs on ot the ball and the kick follows in the space of about two seconds. Charlie Morgan is an idiot, but - as others have said - you can't go around kicking ball boys. Moreover Tremmel was making his way across to get the ball for the goal kick, and why Eden Hazard thinks it is his ball is also open to question - perhaps he could have saved 10 seconds.

More importantly it was an amazing night for the Jack Army and no fluke. Petr Cech saved Chelski from further humiliation as the mighty Swans pressed towards the end. The problem now is that it is very hard to get tickets.

I agree with you and i think they are both a pair of jumped up spoilt brats making tits of themselves. That little plonker won't be a ballboy again and should be bollocked. Hazard shouldn't be charged with anything but should be bollocked. Everyone then should just move on.

Congratulations to Swansea and richly deserved, especially after you have played this season.

Glory hunting tw*tslaugh.png

I particularly hate when a player is 'touched' and he rolls around as though he has been battered. Lies prone on the floor, yet 20 seconds later when his team has the ball, is running at full tilt!! Its nonsense.

Suarez has admitted diving. If he was a City player, it would embarass me as a City fan.

My feeling on the feigning injury bit is this. If a player requires the trainer to come on to the field, then he is obviously injured, no? Therefore, he should be made to stay off the pitch for 5 minutes in order to be fully recovered before returning, for his own sake.

Regarding the ball boy, I do think he's a little rich shit, but I also think he's just an extension of the little rich shits on the field, who think they can do as they like. Despite tweeting or whatever, if Swansea were in a losing position he would certainly not have wasted time, even if he'd made a 100 tweets. Chelsea's fault. biggrin.png

• Like 1

My feeling on the feigning injury bit is this. If a player requires the trainer to come on to the field, then he is obviously injured, no? Therefore, he should be made to stay off the pitch for 5 minutes in order to be fully recovered before returning, for his own sake.

I'd like to adopt the rugby rules with regards this. I'd change the period of each half from 45 mins to 40 mins, but instead of having time added on, they would simply stop the clock each time the game was delayed more then say 15 or 20 seconds. No need to stop the clock for throw ins and such, but when say the goal keeper is faffing about taking a goal kick, or any time any sort of time wasting is going on, that lasts more than 15 or 20 seconds, the clock automatically stops. Would make it a lot fairer, would stop time wasting and would remove all the nonsense of calculating time added on.

• Like 1

Thats ok ups when someone is feigning injury, but what about when it is a genuine case caused by a foul by the opposing team, it then means that the team whos player is injured gets penalised every time they get a bad foul against them !! playing dirty teams like Stoke or the Orient who set out to injure players means you could be losing half a dozen players which at 5 mins a time come out at a third of the game !!!!!!

Thats ok ups when someone is feigning injury, but what about when it is a genuine case caused by a foul by the opposing team, it then means that the team whos player is injured gets penalised every time they get a bad foul against them !! playing dirty teams like Stoke or the Orient who set out to injure players means you could be losing half a dozen players which at 5 mins a time come out at a third of the game !!!!!!

laugh.png O's top of the fair play league mate, our defenders can't get near the other player in order to foul!

In the case you mention, I still think the 5 minute recuperation period is essential, but the player committing the foul goes off too, to compensate.

You can't scream in agony, roll around the pitch and then get up and run. It's worse than all the diving that goes on and needs stamping out somehow.

Edited by uptheos

I'd like to adopt the rugby rules with regards this. I'd change the period of each half from 45 mins to 40 mins, but instead of having time added on, they would simply stop the clock each time the game was delayed more then say 15 or 20 seconds. No need to stop the clock for throw ins and such, but when say the goal keeper is faffing about taking a goal kick, or any time any sort of time wasting is going on, that lasts more than 15 or 20 seconds, the clock automatically stops. Would make it a lot fairer, would stop time wasting and would remove all the nonsense of calculating time added on.

I like your idea, but I'd keep it at 45 minutes, so the little darlings put in a shift.

• Like 1

I like your idea, but I'd keep it at 45 minutes, so the little darlings put in a shift.

I think if you did that, the actual time taken for one half would be something close to 55 minutes. Too long i think.

I think if you did that, the actual time taken for one half would be something close to 55 minutes. Too long i think.

At today's entrance prices I tend to disagree.