Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Quiet on here. unsure.png

Was that the boss sacrificing 3 points in the league for a strong show tonight?? If that is the case I think Rafa is looking after his own interests now. If he wins a cup and Chelsea finish outside the top 4, it won't matter to him come June.

Nail on the head mate, and so he should look after himself after the way chelsea fans have treated him.

Maybe he has a dastardly brilliant plan to make them finish 6th......I would imagine that would be sweet.

• Like 1

I heard on TalkSport today that Roman is taking a fast track course to get his Coaching badge at the FA centre of excellence and is just one exam away from being qualified. I thought it was an April fools at first but it seems not.

How on earth will he sack himself

The games are coming so quickly,you don't have enough time to catch your breath,let alone commenting on each game. Nevertheless,that was a vastly improved performance against United compared to the crap dished up against Southampton.

After the Saints game,I was going to say how much Ivanovic has deteriorated as a defender this season, a la Vermaelen, but he redeemed himself yesterday. It could be that he had the arseache at not being an automatic selection for one of the centre back positions,easily his best position. I wouldn't have him in my team at right back he's that bad there.

Some comments are worth responding too,some ain,t.

For me its more of a quiet reflection,as Og said the games come thick and fast, ups (yesterday) have nearly wiped the memory of downs (saturday)

Benetiz,s team selections at times leave me speechless. Still only another 11 or more games to go ............for us that iswhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by keithsimmonds

For me its more of a quiet reflection,as Og said the games come thick and fast, ups (yesterday) have nearly wiped the memory of downs (saturday)

Benetiz,s team selections at times leave me speechless. Still only another 11 or more games to go ............for us that iswhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Last weekends defeat shouldn't be blamed on the managers selections should it? The reports suggest the players were not up for it. Despite the selection you fielded a side on paper much better than Southampton but if players don't feel inclined to earn their money whats a coach to do..especially when your fixture pile up means that he has to rotate.

Last weekends defeat shouldn't be blamed on the managers selections should it? The reports suggest the players were not up for it. Despite the selection you fielded a side on paper much better than Southampton but if players don't feel inclined to earn their money whats a coach to do..especially when your fixture pile up means that he has to rotate.

The Southampton defeat was down to Benetiz,he didn,t need to make 7 changes from the starting eleven that beat the Hammers,but he did. He made that cup tie a priority over the Saints game,for the teams benefit or his?

The Southampton defeat was down to Benetiz,he didn,t need to make 7 changes from the starting eleven that beat the Hammers,but he did. He made that cup tie a priority over the Saints game,for the teams benefit or his?

Please explain

Please explain

He thought that it would look good on his cv to go out with a trophy, Fa cup winners,sounds better than a top four finish,doesn,t it!

35 games that sweet sucking, self adoring pillock has been in charge for 16 wins 8 draws 8 defeats, 5 points behind Red nose days mob when he took over,and now 22 points behind and rising bemoans the fact that he never had a pre-season with the players. Well mate you,ve now had nearly enough games for a whole ..ucking season

Point made over and out. New balls please.

Please explain

He thought that it would look good on his cv to go out with a trophy, Fa cup winners,sounds better than a top four finish,doesn,t it!

35 games that sweet sucking, self adoring pillock has been in charge for 16 wins 8 draws 8 defeats, 5 points behind Red nose days mob when he took over,and now 22 points behind and rising bemoans the fact that he never had a pre-season with the players. Well mate you,ve now had nearly enough games for a whole ..ucking season

Well since your ridiculous owner chose to give him the equally ridiculous title of "interim manager" what do you think should be Rafa's priority? I'll tell you Keith.....it should be winning silverware for the good of his own CV and i doubt anyone else on this forum bar chelsea fans would disagree with me. I'll also say that you should be blaming your players for that lacklustre performance against Soton. You had seasoned pros in that team that copped out.

Whats your fourth place going to be of interest to him next season when your owner has carried out his original intention of getting rid of Rafa at the end of the season? None at all.

Its another perfect example of you chelsea fans blaming anyone else but the real cause of the problem.

Oh and calling Benitez a self adoring pillock!! Surely you can do better than that. He's one of the stand out decent blokes in management.

You lot are soooo 'Arry Redsnapps its unreal

Edited by carmine

Abramavitch did give him the job until the end of the season and it was up to Benitez to accept it or not. I don't blame Benitez for taking it, considering how much money he will get. Benitez knew from the start that he would never be welcomed by a large group of fans and basically it was an opportunity for him to get well paid, experiment and try out things that maybe he wouldn't under normal circumstances. If Chelsea get a top four finish that will be good for him regarding a new job, but I think he would really like to leave with winning the FA Cup. 'Qualified for Europe and FA Cup Winners' will look good on his CV.

The problem for Chelsea now is, who really wants the job for any reason other than money?

Try to get someone who seems to have a bit of dignity and passion......like Roberto Martinez.

• Like 1

Well since your ridiculous owner chose to give him the equally ridiculous title of "interim manager" what do you think should be Rafa's priority?

Out of interest carms, what exactly was ridiculous about the title? RDM had the same title as i recall. Seems to me the title was a good idea and done in his own interests, as if he wasn't given that title, all of the talk since he began sliding the team from 5 points off the top, to 22 points, would of been about when he is going to get the sack. He would of been quizzed on it at every game. Instead, with people knowing that he is going at the end of the season anyway, he hasn't had to deal with that sort of pressure from the media. Rafa coming out a few weeks ago, as he did, with his knickers all in a twist about the title he was given, a title he never objected to at the time, was in my opinion just a rather silly attempt to deflect blame and give himself something to latch on to and vent about.

• Like 1

Abramavitch did give him the job until the end of the season and it was up to Benitez to accept it or not. I don't blame Benitez for taking it, considering how much money he will get. Benitez knew from the start that he would never be welcomed by a large group of fans and basically it was an opportunity for him to get well paid, experiment and try out things that maybe he wouldn't under normal circumstances.

Indeed and as he rightly said at the time of taking the job, the only thing that will win people round is winning games and doing a good job with the team. If he had done a more convincing job with that, i don't think he would of been getting so upset about a title he was given months ago.

• Like 1

Well since your ridiculous owner chose to give him the equally ridiculous title of "interim manager" what do you think should be Rafa's priority?

Out of interest carms, what exactly was ridiculous about the title? RDM had the same title as i recall. Seems to me the title was a good idea and done in his own interests, as if he wasn't given that title, all of the talk since he began sliding the team from 5 points off the top, to 22 points, would of been about when he is going to get the sack. He would of been quizzed on it at every game. Instead, with people knowing that he is going at the end of the season anyway, he hasn't had to deal with that sort of pressure from the media. Rafa coming out a few weeks ago, as he did, with his knickers all in a twist about the title he was given, a title he never objected to at the time, was in my opinion just a rather silly attempt to deflect blame and give himself something to latch on to and vent about.

I think the ridiculous aspect of it is that it undermines the guys position. It says he's temporary and combine this with the poisonous gang of three and their self serving interests it creates an untenable position.

I just can't see the benefit in the title.

Abramavitch did give him the job until the end of the season and it was up to Benitez to accept it or not. I don't blame Benitez for taking it, considering how much money he will get. Benitez knew from the start that he would never be welcomed by a large group of fans and basically it was an opportunity for him to get well paid, experiment and try out things that maybe he wouldn't under normal circumstances.

Indeed and as he rightly said at the time of taking the job, the only thing that will win people round is winning games and doing a good job with the team. If he had done a more convincing job with that, i don't think he would of been getting so upset about a title he was given months ago.

I don't think that this farcical title would sit well with any decent manager and coming from this realatively small club its just plain rude

Edited by carmine

I think the ridiculous aspect of it is that it undermines the guys position. It says he's temporary and combine this with the poisonous gang of three and their self serving interests it creates an untenable position.

I just can't see the benefit in the title.

I think it gave him a certain amount of freedom, and as i say, took a degree of pressure off him. I think it was as much in his interest, as it was in the interest of the club. Added to which, his career had completely stalled and so he could hardly expect clubs to be throwing lengthy contracts his way. He needed a chance to get his career back on track. This was it.

And the other thing to repeat is that the time to have got upset about all this, was the time it was announced, not months later when performances weren't going his way.

• Like 1

Quiet on here. :unsure:

Was that the boss sacrificing 3 points in the league for a strong show tonight?? If that is the case I think Rafa is looking after his own interests now. If he wins a cup and Chelsea finish outside the top 4, it won't matter to him come June.
Nail on the head mate, and so he should look after himself after the way chelsea fans have treated him.

Really? So you approve of ignoring your employers focus because people outside the company don't like you?

I do think Rafa got the team selection wrong for Southampton, personally I would have preferred a strong line up pushing for an early lead then subbing the 'star' players. He chose not to even though he knows the board and the majority of the fans see the top 4 as a priority - and he still wonders why he doesn't get the warmest of receptions........

As for the next manager, we all know who it is. :-)

I don't think that this farcical title would sit well with any decent manager and coming from this realatively small club its just plain rude

In the history of the Premier League, there have been about 60 other managers who have all been given the same sort of title. Never heard someone make such a fuss about it before now. You don't like the title, don't accept it. Easy.

Really? So you approve of ignoring your employers focus because people outside the company don't like you?

I do think Rafa got the team selection wrong for Southampton, personally I would have preferred a strong line up pushing for an early lead then subbing the 'star' players. He chose not to even though he knows the board and the majority of the fans see the top 4 as a priority - and he still wonders why he doesn't get the warmest of receptions........

As for the next manager, we all know who it is. :-)

You fielded a stronger side than Southampton at St Marys with seasoned pros.. It was the players lacklustre display that lost the game. If you can't see that and choose to blame the manager then you are living in la la land.

Southampton are not a push over side, yet we played too many under performing players Moses, Torres, Marin and the Mikel / Lampard DM has never worked IMO. I don't see why so many changes were necessary.

Southampton are not a push over side, yet we played too many under performing players Moses, Torres, Marin and the Mikel / Lampard DM has never worked IMO. I don't see why so many changes were necessary.

That Chelsea side showed no grit, no collective responsibility to get a job done. They were spineless. Theres no way that team should have lost and i know Soton are not a pushover

Totally agree about Lampard though.

The problem for Chelsea now is, who really wants the job for any reason other than money?

Try to get someone who seems to have a bit of dignity and passion......like Roberto Martinez.

Roman is doing his coaching badges isn't he? Maybe he's had enough of having to give his orders through a middle man!!

Abramavitch did give him the job until the end of the season and it was up to Benitez to accept it or not. I don't blame Benitez for taking it, considering how much money he will get. Benitez knew from the start that he would never be welcomed by a large group of fans and basically it was an opportunity for him to get well paid, experiment and try out things that maybe he wouldn't under normal circumstances. If Chelsea get a top four finish that will be good for him regarding a new job, but I think he would really like to leave with winning the FA Cup. 'Qualified for Europe and FA Cup Winners' will look good on his CV.

According to Alan Curbishley,he's the most overrated manager in the Premiership. Putting aside that he would rather cut off his right arm than crap on his old muckers and half wits,Allardyce and Pardew,most managers are overrated. He has got a point,though. Wigan is absolutely awash with money,Martinez has brought in expensive players by the truckload and still,they are always in the relegation dogfight.<deleted>. How about this,Curbishley,one of the most overrated managers ever?.......you.

According to Alan Curbishley,he's the most overrated manager in the Premiership. Putting aside that he would rather cut off his right arm than crap on his old muckers and half wits,Allardyce and Pardew,most managers are overrated. He has got a point,though. Wigan is absolutely awash with money,Martinez has brought in expensive players by the truckload and still,they are always in the relegation dogfight.<deleted>. How about this,Curbishley,one of the most overrated managers ever?.......you.

I look at the CV of Benitez then i look at that of Alan Curbishley and frankly the only reason he should be allowed to comment on Benitez's managerial skills is by virtue of freedom of speech.

I'm actually surprised Curbishley said anything as i thought his head was going to have to be surgically removed from Redknapps arse.

At this stage of the season one player i think Chelsea are really missing is Essien. Yes he wasn't quite the same player after the knee problems but he could still put in a big performance. Although a box to box player he could fill in as a DM and was a fantastic man to man marker. Just the sort of player for Southampton away last week. It was a mistake letting him go.

• Like 1

Spot on Carmine. Essen is just what we are lacking at the moment. Last season he didn't look so great and was struggling with injuries, but I think he has played 27 games for Real without too much problem.

Please explain

Well since your ridiculous owner chose to give him the equally ridiculous title of "interim manager" what do you think should be Rafa's priority? I'll tell you Keith.....it should be winning silverware for the good of his own CV and i doubt anyone else on this forum bar chelsea fans would disagree with me. I'll also say that you should be blaming your players for that lacklustre performance against Soton. You had seasoned pros in that team that copped out.

Whats your fourth place going to be of interest to him next season when your owner has carried out his original intention of getting rid of Rafa at the end of the season? None at all.

Its another perfect example of you chelsea fans blaming anyone else but the real cause of the problem.

Oh and calling Benitez a self adoring pillock!! Surely you can do better than that. He's one of the stand out decent blokes in management.

You lot are soooo 'Arry Redsnapps its unreal

You should be a politician,if your not already.

Well its a no brainer Keith. What would you do if you were Benitez!!!

But carry on please...blame everyone except for Abramovich

Oh Mate why you no listenbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif Team selections=,Qpr =Southampton+ Piss poor tactics both legs with Swansea,no reactions to subs being made by Saints at home and Reading away,no game plan at City,just turn up and see what happens,hold on to the lead at Newcastle (play it cute change tactics) no just suck another sweet and practice me hand signals,play Luiz in front of the back 4 (well uck me that works)better not do it again and on and on

No. all that is the fans fault for not getting behind him.

Why would i blame Abramovich 12 trophys in 9/10 years the best period of Chelsea,s history so he wanted to get more involved and took it on himself to buy Sheva Ballack and Torres 2 out of 3 aint bad phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwub.png

Edited by keithsimmonds