Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

He knows he needs a striker.

He didn't want to do a rush job in the January window. Top drawer strikers are rarely available in January.

smile.png

He should never have allowed himself into this situation in the first place. He knew the incumbent strike force when he signed didn't he. Most of us would also have kept hold of Lukaku too.

He didn't want to do a rush job in the January window. Top drawer strikers are rarely available in January.

smile.png

He should never have allowed himself into this situation in the first place. He knew the incumbent strike force when he signed didn't he. Most of us would also have kept hold of Lukaku too.

You might well have a chance.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-target-romelu-lukaku-as-chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-ponders-belgians-future-9214346.html

• Like 1

smile.png

You might well have a chance.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-target-romelu-lukaku-as-chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-ponders-belgians-future-9214346.html

That looks like being part of a merry go possibly involving Torres and Diego Costa.

• Like 1

Interesting 'slam' at certain players from Jose.

"We made individual mistakes in areas where, for the whole season, the guys perform and we have no problems.

"They have the right to make their mistakes, because we have other players that make mistakes the whole season."

he seems to have spent half this season criticising his own players. sort of odd that he keeps on picking them.

And so he is entitled to. Nobody's perfect and Premier League footballers are certainly not that. No matter who they are,they deserved to be bollocked now and then. If they respect the manager's/coach,s opinion,they'll take his criticism on board and try to rectify matters. If you're Mr. Nice Guy all the time,they will take the piss. I don't remember hearing Mourinho directly criticise anyone by name through the media which is the right approach.

+1

thumbsup.gif

Hats off to the Chelsea fans on here who made the point, when the draw was made, that getting a supposedly "easy" team, like PSG, was sometimes more tricky than getting a "big" team, like Bayern, because at least with the big team, you kind of know what to expect.

A point I agreed with and echoed on another thread, only to be shot down with a "how dare you suggest we are afraid" type retort that completely got the wrong end of the stick.

And here we are now, with some unexpected results, I think we'd all agree.

Still, it is only half time so to speak, and I think with Chelsea playing at home for the second leg, it is perfectly doable, and I fancy your chances more than United's. But you are certainly going to need to wake up a bit.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't misunderstand me rixalex when I disagree with you on this.

I think United's chances of getting to the SemiFinals are as good, if not better than Chelsea's.

Good luck.thumbsup.gif

Interesting 'slam' at certain players from Jose.

"We made individual mistakes in areas where, for the whole season, the guys perform and we have no problems.

"They have the right to make their mistakes, because we have other players that make mistakes the whole season."

he seems to have spent half this season criticising his own players. sort of odd that he keeps on picking them.

And so he is entitled to. Nobody's perfect and Premier League footballers are certainly not that. No matter who they are,they deserved to be bollocked now and then. If they respect the manager's/coach,s opinion,they'll take his criticism on board and try to rectify matters. If you're Mr. Nice Guy all the time,they will take the piss. I don't remember hearing Mourinho directly criticise anyone by name through the media which is the right approach.

he's just an <deleted>. it's never his tactics that didn't work is it? or that he selected these players who have made mistakes all season? or that he spent £20m odd on a midfielder in january when it was patently obvious you needed a striker? or that he loaned out lukaku? no, he's flawless is jose.

I'm not saying Mourinho is beyond reproach at all. I've coated him enough times in previous posts. ALL managers &lt;deleted&gt; up at some point (Lukaku should NEVER have been loaned out) and some are habitual offenders but,as the manager of a squad of international class players and once they set foot on the grass, he should expect them to play to the best of their abilities. If they don't, they should be hauled over the coals. The little treasures get paid enough.

As for his tactics last night, I thought they were spot on until he brought off Schurrle and Willian and brought on a pair of tortoises. He also kept Ibrahimovic quiet by sticking Luiz in his back pocket. He knew he needed to match the pace of PSG midfield but,when he introduced Lampard and Torres.it started to unravel. I wouldn't apportion any blame to Lavezzi's goal,it was a terrific shot on the turn. The second goal was par for the course on the team's defending set pieces this season. I put it down to the anxiety the defence gets over Cech's lack of command of his penalty area nowadays. The third goal,well,once he got passed Azpilicueta, Lampard was never going to cause him a problem.

• Like 1

I agree with most of that oldgit.thumbsup.gif

The Lukaku story, I don't think we will ever get to the bottom of that one.

One version is Lukaku asked to be loaned out.

Who knows the true story.

Mourinho got grief from many about selling Mata.

Who knows the truth about that one.

Right or wrong decision.

One thing is for sure; there are a helluva lot of managers making difficult decisions that are not necessarily popular.

Jesus Christ himself was not popular in a lot of circles.

I usually give Jose the benefit of the doubt.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong?

Special One banner is fine for me.

thumbsup.gif

Oh dear.......

Some 400 thugs could be seen making 'Seig Heil' salutes and chanting racist abuse before they started attacking PSG fans.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dcN6c

redrus

Thanks for that redrus. I wasn't aware of this report.

Are these 400 people football fans or something quite different?

Italian clubs have similar problems. Napoli comes to mind.

wai2.gif

Hats off to the Chelsea fans on here who made the point, when the draw was made, that getting a supposedly "easy" team, like PSG, was sometimes more tricky than getting a "big" team, like Bayern, because at least with the big team, you kind of know what to expect.

A point I agreed with and echoed on another thread, only to be shot down with a "how dare you suggest we are afraid" type retort that completely got the wrong end of the stick.

Still, it is only half time so to speak, and I think with Chelsea playing at home for the second leg, it is perfectly doable, and I fancy your chances more than United's. But you are certainly going to need to wake up a bit.

I think United's chances of getting to the SemiFinals are as good, if not better than Chelsea's.

Good luck.thumbsup.gif

Not sure about that. Given the task of having to score two goals at home without reply against PSG, or having the task of having to score one goal without replay away at Bayern, i think i prefer your task.

Chances of Bayern not scoring at home seem to be about one in a million. Chances of PSG not scoring away from home? Somewhat less i'd say. But of course, one never knows. The first legs demonstrated that. Take nothing for granted.

• Like 1

Oh dear.......

Some 400 thugs could be seen making 'Seig Heil' salutes and chanting racist abuse before they started attacking PSG fans.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dcN6c

redrus

Thanks for that redrus. I wasn't aware of this report.

Are these 400 people football fans or something quite different?

Italian clubs have similar problems. Napoli comes to mind.

wai2.gif

The report says they're EDL, Chelsea fans none the less but, I would still take this report with a pinch. Although I'm totally against any kind of racist nonsense, having 'done' Europe with United on many an occasion, I have read reports the next morning of things that never happened, and I was there at that place at that time.

Though, I add, nothing like this with the EDL, Nazi connotations.

redrus

• Like 1

Good luck.thumbsup.gif

Not sure about that. Given the task of having to score two goals at home without reply against PSG, or having the task of having to score one goal without replay away at Bayern, i think i prefer your task.

Chances of Bayern not scoring at home seem to be about one in a million. Chances of PSG not scoring away from home? Somewhat less i'd say. But of course, one never knows. The first legs demonstrated that. Take nothing for granted.

zlatan is probably out of the second leg as well.

Good luck.thumbsup.gif

I wouldn't put me house on it rixalex from what I saw last night.

facepalm.gif

Zlatan will play if they need him. 80% fit is enough to joke with J Terry and the other defenders wink.png

...agreed. If he gets the service.

Service for Ibrahimovich was one of the major PSG negatives last night.

But I know what you mean.

...and they still scored 3.

facepalm.gif

Edited by P45Mustang

I think Mourinho has been pretty successful in plastering some of Chelsea's cracks so far, but the bottom line is that they are a team with deficits that get exploited at times. Outside of a few decent goals from Eto'o their strikers have essentially offered nothing this season. The defenders look weary and burdened. And, let's not forget, PSG is a very talented group.

Not saying they can't turn it over, and If Ibra is out that certainly won't hurt their cause.

Doesn't say much for the state of the premier league that Mourinho's plastering cracks to a side that has to be the second or most expensively put together in the league and second favourite to win the title.

Jesus Carmine....Bitter Bitter Bitter right to the very end.

I think Mourinho has been pretty successful in plastering some of Chelsea's cracks so far, but the bottom line is that they are a team with deficits that get exploited at times. Outside of a few decent goals from Eto'o their strikers have essentially offered nothing this season. The defenders look weary and burdened. And, let's not forget, PSG is a very talented group.

Not saying they can't turn it over, and If Ibra is out that certainly won't hurt their cause.

Doesn't say much for the state of the premier league that Mourinho's plastering cracks to a side that has to be the second or most expensively put together in the league and second favourite to win the title.

I was thinking that when I posted the above. thumbsup.gif

You were thinking what when you posted ? What happenned to the Quadrouple your cheaply assembled mob were in with every chance of winning.

mourinho gave himself that title. and the english media lapped it up. didn't quite work out that way for him in spain or italy did it?

having to give yourself a nickname that way is a bit pathetic really. like an insecure kid in the playground telling everyone "just call me captain hard b*stard". mourinho's just an egotistical bore.

Lighten up Mate ..he is just the manager of a Football club..........not Attila the Hun or Adolf Hitler

Edited by keithsimmonds

mourinho gave himself that title. and the english media lapped it up. didn't quite work out that way for him in spain or italy did it?

having to give yourself a nickname that way is a bit pathetic really. like an insecure kid in the playground telling everyone "just call me captain hard b*stard". mourinho's just an egotistical bore.

Lighten up Mate ..he is just the manager of a Football club..........not Attila the Hun or Adolf Hitler

:)

sorry keith, i just can't stand the man. and the english press sycophancy over him is nauseating.

smile.png

sorry keith, i just can't stand the man. and the english press sycophancy over him is nauseating.

The English press have got no-one else.that they wan,t to listen too, (apart from arry) they are all much of much ........same same.thumbsup.gif

You've got the wrong player ref.

"captain hard b*stard was Paulo di Canio."

smile.png