Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Stupid post alfredo. What has last season's Chelsea team under Mourinho got to do with this season's team under conti?

Not stupid at all.  He's absolutely correct.

16 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Keith I think Conte is the 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th man and more. You have to say that HE has made the difference. The dramatic improvement from 10th to Champions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chelsea were a very good side last season.  They simply stopped playing for a manager they loathed and started playing well again after he was sacked.  My point is that whilst Conte has done a very fine job he also inherited a bloody good side

• Like 1

Chelsea clearly were NOT a very good side last season.  They finished 10th I think without checking which is the worst finish by a reigning champion. I also watched them many times and they weren't good. Conte took that team, didn't start particularly well, changed things and turned them in to champions.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Chelsea clearly were NOT a very good side last season.  They finished 10th I think without checking which is the worst finish by a reigning champion. I also watched them many times aren't they weren't good. Conte took that team, didn't start particularly well, changed things and turned them in to champions.

Just because there was a mutiny doesn't mean they were a poor side.  You completely missed the point.  As soon as Mourinho was gone they started playing well again so it was clearly NOT a case of them being a poor side, they just didn't want to play for him and who can blame them!

What Conte did was make them better.

Edited by carmine

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Was there a point to your post other than just to be argumentative.???

Yes ! i was just pointing out that rather than a dramatic improvement this year it was more a case of major under achieving last season,a team that had won the title the year before, incidently you didn't answer either of my questions :shock1:

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You'll be telling us next ManU are a very good side.

It might have escaped you but United were one of the bookies favourites at the start of the season.  That same group of players BB.  I think they have a good squad that have under performed and a manager that has been under whelming at best.

Any more questions?  

29 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Chelsea clearly were NOT a very good side last season.  They finished 10th I think without checking which is the worst finish by a reigning champion. I also watched them many times and they weren't good. Conte took that team, didn't start particularly well, changed things and turned them in to champions.

They were the same side apart from Pedro that won the title the season before you muppet  :cheesy:

20 hours ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair, if there wasn't a dramatic downing of tools last season then you wouldn't be talking about  a dramatic improvement from the players this season !

The "dramatic downing of tools" started with Mourinho himself, planning his exit from the club before the season started, because he knew the job he coveted most, was his for the taking. The players knew this, and it only takes two or three of them in the team to refuse to go that extra yard, for the c**t they despise on the line, for the whole thing to unravel. His actions behind the scenes and in the technical area were an utter disgrace.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, oldgit said:

The "dramatic downing of tools" started with Mourinho himself, planning his exit from the club before the season started, because he knew the job he coveted most, was his for the taking. The players knew this, and it only takes two or three of them in the team to refuse to go that extra yard, for the c**t they despise on the line, for the whole thing to unravel. His actions behind the scenes and in the technical area were an utter disgrace.

That's interesting so you think he went through all that as a means of an exit strategy. Sounds far fetched it's hovering towards David Ike mode that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

It could well do but I doubt it.

Mourinho doesn't have that same aura that he had first time round in the prem. The way he openly blames individual players and his negative style of football will only lead to one outcome. IMO of course

I'd rather a boss who was critical than one who shipped out his best players on a whim.

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 4:49 PM, alfieconn said:

Read my post properly before getting all excited and i don't know why your mentioning this seasons players cos where am i having a pop at them ? so if your mob hadn't downed tools last season which obviously got Mourinho sacked and had finished in the top 4  which they should  have done, would people still be saying what a dramatic improvement this season ? 

Where did I say you were having a pop at this season's signings??? Didn t did I ??? 5 players are no longer from last seasons side .also only 3 players might be accused of downing tools...

.and Mous rigid 4 2 3 1 with 5 cart horses in the side were never going to cut the mustard as was the case. We won the  league in 2014/15 because we were the best of a very ordinary bunch and last year was even worse given Leicsters winning points total.Our football this year under Conte has been a breathe of fresh air and nothing short of remarkable given its his 1st season here and we have a very average starting 11(except Tbeau Kante and Hazard)  imo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Where did I say you were having a pop at this season's signings??? Didn t did I ??? 5 players are no longer from last seasons side .also only 3 players might be accused of downing tools...

.and Mous rigid 4 2 3 1 with 5 cart horses in the side were never going to cut the mustard as was the case. We won the  league in 2014/15 because we were the best of a very ordinary bunch and last year was even worse given Leicsters winning points total.Our football this year under Conte has been a breathe of fresh air and nothing short of remarkable given its his 1st season here and we have a very average starting 11(except Tbeau Kante and Hazard)  imo. 

Don't really know what all the waffling is about !  basically all i said was "if you had finished in the top 4  last season  would people still be saying what a dramatic improvement this season ? "  a one word answer will suffice thank you. 

Edited by alfieconn

23 hours ago, carmine said:

It might have escaped you but United were one of the bookies favourites at the start of the season.  That same group of players BB.  I think they have a good squad that have under performed and a manager that has been under whelming at best.

Any more questions?  

Didn't think so!

5 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Don't really know what all the waffling is about !  basically all i said was "if you had finished in the top 4  last season  would people still be saying what a dramatic improvement this season ? "  a one word answer will suffice thank you. 

<deleted>

5 hours ago, alfieconn said:

"If"

20 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Very good , your able to repeat a word :shock1:

You did say that just one word would be sufficient, are you now saying that that one word cannot be any of the words that you used in your post ?

Anyway, my point was that Chelsea didnt finish fourth last season

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You did say that just one word would be sufficient, are you now saying that that one word cannot be any of the words that you used in your post ?

Anyway, my point was that Chelsea didnt finish fourth last season

Ok i give in, yes your right :biggrin: