Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

[You overlook the fact that most people who know the game and are neutral are unanimous that throughout the WHOLE SEASON Man U were a far superior team,check the stats,more games won , less games lost ,

I checked the stats.

Chelsea Lost 3

Arsenal Lost 3

Liverpool Lost 4

Man u Lost 5

Obviously you didn't

Err no.....

You had two defeats in the Champions League,Man Utd and Fenerbache.

United still won more games, scored more goals, conceeded less goals and picked up less disciplinary points. :o

:D

[You overlook the fact that most people who know the game and are neutral are unanimous that throughout the WHOLE SEASON Man U were a far superior team,check the stats,more games won , less games lost ,

I checked the stats.

Chelsea Lost 3

Arsenal Lost 3

Liverpool Lost 4

Man u Lost 5

Obviously you didn't

Err no.....

United still won more games, scored more goals, conceeded less goals and picked up less disciplinary points. :o

And we had 4 more wins in the Carling cup........................................

I have made it over the season

Man U won 40 drawn 9 lost 7

Chelsea won 40 drawn 15 lost 7

And that's giving the benifit of a penalty shoot out as a loss. He did mean the premier ship though.

I think we won a couple more friendlies before the start as well :D

Edited by lampard10

I checked the stats.

Chelsea Lost 3

Arsenal Lost 3

Liverpool Lost 4

Man u Lost 5

Obviously you didn't

Err no.....

United still won more games, scored more goals, conceeded less goals and picked up less disciplinary points. :D

And we had 4 more wins in the Carling cup........................................

And that's giving the benifit of a penalty shoot out as a loss. He did mean the premier ship though.

:o At least you can laugh about it. I did hear thougt that Rio is good at Table Tennis, maybe him and JT can have a play-off. :D

Edited by mrtoad

I checked the stats.

Chelsea Lost 3

Arsenal Lost 3

Liverpool Lost 4

Man u Lost 5

Obviously you didn't

Err no.....

United still won more games, scored more goals, conceeded less goals and picked up less disciplinary points. :D

:o At least you can laugh about it. I did hear thougt that Rio is good at Table Tennis, maybe him and JT can have a play-off. :D

Actually, I have got no bitterness losing the final. We should not have been in it after the first 44 minutes. Full credit for coming back so strong. I am a football fan, so I sat back and watched a bloody marvellous game of football. Head to head there is nothing between United and Chelsea, although the last 16 meetings between two suggest otherwise

ManU wins 5 including two penalty shootouts

Chelsea wins 8

Draws 3

But as they all say " That's football"

Gonna be an interesting few months watching the implosion happen

Grant, Drogba, Lumphard, and now Anelka either showing open dissent/unhappiness, or looking to be pushed out the door by the Russian Chav

Penkoprod

I checked the stats.

Chelsea Lost 3

Arsenal Lost 3

Liverpool Lost 4

Man u Lost 5

Obviously you didn't

Err no.....

I think we won a couple more friendlies before the start as well B)

:D At least you can laugh about it. I did hear thougt that Rio is good at Table Tennis, maybe him and JT can have a play-off. :D

Actually, I have got no bitterness losing the final. We should not have been in it after the first 44 minutes. Full credit for coming back so strong. I am a football fan, so I sat back and watched a bloody marvellous game of football. Head to head there is nothing between United and Chelsea, although the last 16 meetings between two suggest otherwise

ManU wins 5 including two penalty shootouts

Chelsea wins 8

Draws 3

But as they all say " That's football"

I couldn't agree with you more, good post Lampard :D . No sour grapes!!!!!

As for head to head, yeah you've had the Indian sign over us for a number of years (even in the 90's), and not just in the last two or three. Other than a couple of one sided games, when it really matters there is little to seperate the two teams.

Some you win, some you lose. When you lose you just have to take it, It could have easily been the other way around. What I would like to say though, is that both teams made a great final, much better than some of the dross we've had to endure over the years. AC Milan v Juventus anyone? :o

Should be another great season coming up. :D

JT denies Tevez spat

Chelsea captain John Terry has denied spitting at Carlos Tevez in Wednesday's UEFA Champions League final.

Tempers flared in extra-time in Moscow when Tevez opted against passing to Petr Cech by kicking the ball out for a throw-in after Chelsea had intentionally put out of play.

Despite Chelsea using the same tactic twice themselves during the game, a handful of players - including Terry - confronted the Argentina international about his behaviour.

A confrontation occurred that resulted in Didier Drogba slapping Nemanja Vidic in the face, actions which saw the Ivory Coast ace sent from the field.

Terry has admitted there was pushing and shoving among the players, but he strenuously denies any untoward behaviour towards Tevez.

"There was some pushing and shoving, I admit that," he told The Sun.

"But no spitting, that is not my style. No way would I spit at another player."

Cech can't forget defeat

Petr Cech feels the only way to erase the pain of Chelsea's penalty shoot-out defeat to Manchester United is by winning the UEFA Champions League.

Chelsea's first appearance in the competition's showpiece ended in agony after Nicolas Anelka's spot-kick was saved by Edwin van der Sar.

Blues keeper Cech does not expect the disappointment of the loss in Moscow to quickly fade away, but is hoping for another chance next season.

"To lose in the Champions League final - moreover in such unlucky style - that cannot be forgotten," Cech told his personal website.

"The only way we can forget about it at some point is to get to the Champions League final again as soon as possible and win it."

John Terry had the chance to win the shoot-out for Chelsea only to slip as he struck his penalty against the post, and Cech admits he thought his captain had scored.

The Czech added: "I watched the penalty, of course, and from the angle I watched it I saw that Van der Sar chose the wrong side and that the ball was heading in.

"At that moment, I thought it was done. Afterwards, as the ball ended up on the post, it was unbelievable for me.

"After (Cristiano) Ronaldo missed and Ashley Cole scored, I really believed it might go our way. Unfortunately though, it was not the case."

Frank Lampard had drawn Chelsea level towards the end of the first half and Cech believes the Blues did enough to win the match before the shoot-out.

"It is a massive disappointment for me," continued Cech. "If we were the worst team and lost clearly 3-0, then it would not make me feel as sorry as it does this way.

"Knowing that we were unquestionably the better team in the second half and throughout extra-time, it is really very difficult to cope with the loss.

"We were unbelievably unlucky in the game."

I really beleive this final will hurt Chelsea for a long time - for good or bad depending on your opinion.

The reason - they just can not seem to come to terms with reality and they they were unlucky and as though they were clearly the better side.

Yes they hit the woodwork twice but it was a lucky goal and they really should have gone in 2 down if not 3 at half time.

Yes they were the better team second half but extra time - nah not at all - about even

I know they are in the grievance process and are in denial now - what comes next? - Anger - if they are lucky they might reach acceptance but not before some break up of the current set up.

I really beleive this final will hurt Chelsea for a long time - for good or bad depending on your opinion.

The reason - they just can not seem to come to terms with reality and they they were unlucky and as though they were clearly the better side.

Yes they hit the woodwork twice but it was a lucky goal and they really should have gone in 2 down if not 3 at half time.

Yes they were the better team second half but extra time - nah not at all - about even

I know they are in the grievance process and are in denial now - what comes next? - Anger - if they are lucky they might reach acceptance but not before some break up of the current set up.

I am one of the few that think that this experience will make Chelsea stronger, not weaker. They will not want to go through that again. As for Drogba leaving,well, there may not be many better at scoring,or should I say creating a scoring chance,but on the whole he is a very lazy player off the ball. I think that this season they should have given Shevchenko a better run. He is still regarded as useless, not worth the money etc, but give the lad a chance. Look at Ballack. First season he was so useless, I was wondering if he was a ringer, put in to make Chelsea play bad, but look at the man now. Chelsea revolves around him. Lampard was not up to scratch first season as well, don't forget. As for Anelka, he looks as if he couldn't give a toss every time he comes on the pitch. And no-one tell me he put his heart and soul into converting that penalty. He just strolled up a hit it as if were a sunday kick about. And a complete lack of emotion when it missed. Maybe that's just his style.I haven't really followed him much. If we can entice someone like Ribery or Villa into the team, then we''ll see. But don't expect immeadiate results.

What a knob!

Moody Blue Anelka tired of playing wing role

Updated: May 23, 2008, 6:08 AM ET

Comment

Email

Print

PARIS, May 23 (Reuters) - Chelsea's Nicolas Anelka is unhappy at being used as a winger by coach Avram Grant and wants to play centre forward next season.

Anelka, who missed a penalty in the Champions League final shootout against Manchester United, was quoted by French sports daily L'Equipe on Friday as saying he was not interested in playing as a wide man.

'When I came (to Chelsea), I was told I would play in a 4-4-2 system,' Anelka said. 'I didn't come here to play on the right or on the left. In England, I need to prove my worth as a centre forward.'

Anelka said he would make his case to the manager next season.

'Up to now I didn't say anything because I was a new player coming from Bolton. But from next season I will no longer be a new player - I will be a Chelsea player,' he added.

Anelka also said it had been difficult to come on as a late substitute in Wednesday's Champions League final and be asked to take part in the shootout.

'I stayed 110 minutes on the bench and suddenly I was asked to play less than a minute after being sent to warm up,' he said.

'I don't know if it ever happened in a Champions League final, in a game so intense, that a player was sent on without having warmed up.'

Anelka said he declined the offer to take one of Chelsea's first five penalities.

'I said: 'No way. I came on practically as a full back and you want me to shoot a penalty?'.

Anelka ended up taking Chelsea's second 'sudden death' kick, which was saved by Edwin Van der Sar.

'Good for him. That's the game,' added the Frenchman.

I'm a bitter man today so don't expect any congratulations from me for the northern scum.Whoever or Whatever decides the fate,the fall of the cards or the roll of a the dice must have a very sick sense of humour to have dealt the cruellest of blows to the one man of the 22 that didn't deserve it.A man that has been through the mill this season,been operated on,knocked unconscious twice,fractured a cheekbone and dislocated an elbow just over a week before the final.All for the Chelsea cause.

Yet there are others that bitch,moan,squeal,spit and cry that don't get so much as a broken toenail.Where's the justice?The cup was ours and it was stolen from our grasp by a loss of footing.

Well,99% of the Neanderthals on this forum got their wish and saw Manchester United win yet ANOTHER trophy.They must be deliriously happy that the most successful English club inthe history of the sport has pilfered another prize to add to its horde.I couldn't care a toss that this sounds like a shop full of sour grapes.We were robbed by the post,the bar and a piece of wet grass.

So why are Chelsea,if not the most hated club in the Premiership are certainly the most hated in this forum?Success?Man.Utd.,Liverpool,Arsenal far outstrip us on that score.Money?Ditto.Or is it because a club plucked from administration by an unknown Russian had the audacity to break the Big Three mould and actually challenge and then win the Premiership?Or was it that he chose us above the rest?Or is it Ashley Cole who had the audacity to move from one job to another for more money?Sounds familiar?It should do because we've all done it.Or is it the collective passion and will to win that we show on the pitch, that all successful teams show, that others can't grasp?

You overlook the fact that most people who know the game and are neutral are unanimous that throughout the WHOLE SEASON Man U were a far superior team,check the stats,more games won , less games lost ,more goals scored ,less conceded etc etc..In the final Man U were the far better team in the first half and in the extra time. Penalties are not the way to decide a game but until someone comes up with a better method so be it.Ferguson has lost most penalty shoot outs as he has conceded ,this time he was simply favoured on the law of averages.

It proves that simply throwing money at footballing mercenaries is not the way to build a long term successful team or club. Chelsea might talk about team spirit etc but for most they are a team of indiviuals and just make a list of how many have come and gone in the last 3 seasons , a veritable revolving door. Shevchenko is paid $5million a season to spend most of his time playing golf and sitting on the bench. Do you think that there will not be another massive clear out now ? are these the type of players Chelsea aspire to have at their club. You conveniently dont mention the petulant antics that Drogba gets up to and the constant harrassment the players give the referee when ever a decison goes against them. And please tell us why Peter Kenyon was chosen,or chose himself, to lead the players to receive the losers medals. When did he play for Chelsea ? or was no one else in the club past and present available ? Man United were led by Bobby Charlton and that says it all about the 2 clubs.

YOU overlook the fact that Chelsea played more games this seaon than any other team in Europe AND were harder hit by African Nations Championship than Manchester United .Thus we were unable to play the best part of the season without our preferred first eleven.Add to that our horrendous injury list.Not bad for a team of "footballing mercenaries".I suppose you were one of the 'neutral' judges who said that Shevchenko,when he arrived would"score goals for fun".Well,he was someone I never wanted at the club because he was damaged goods and had left all his best football behind him at AC Milan.You could tell by Mourinho's body language that he was 'ecstatic' at his arrival.Oh and please,no MORE of the plastic yellow workers sign,it's so funny the tears are running down my legs. I can't stand it.Please....for the sake of my aching sides.

I would,personally,like to thank Wayne Rooney for the unbridled enjoyment he brought me in the Final.Taken off without having a shot to his name.What an overated sack of filth that is.

Personally,I couldn't care a monkeys who led the team up.

Chelsea confident of Lampard deal

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck is confident the club can convince Frank Lampard to sign a new contract when he returns from England duty.

The 29-year-old, whose current deal expires next summer, has been linked with a summer move to Inter Milan.

But he will open talks after England's friendlies against the USA on 28 May and Trinidad and Tobago on 1 June.

Buck said: "We're hopeful, confident, that we'll reach agreement with Frank and he'll be here for the long-term."

Chief executive Peter Kenyon has confirmed the club are keen to keep Lampard, insisting: "At no time have we thought a replacement for Frank was on the cards and we would like to get rid of the speculation."

And Buck told Chelsea TV: "For Frank, the season ends in about 10 days' time after the two England friendlies when we will sit down with him and Steve Kutner, his agent.

"We've said along, we love Frank Lampard, the fans love Frank Lampard, and he's a great player. We want him to stay at Chelsea Football Club."

Lampard had to prepare for Wednesday's Champions League final against Manchester United, which the Blues lost on penalties, while grieving for his mother who died in April.

Chelsea also lost out to United in the battle for the Premier League title, but Lampard has emerged with a great deal of credit for the way he has conducted himself.

He and the club postponed negotiations over a new deal until the end of the season and now Lampard himself expects the two parties to reach an agreement that will keep him at Stamford Bridge.

"My contract has obviously been the last thing on my mind in the last six weeks but I will sit down and talk with them after the England games," he said.

"I hope we can come to a conclusion," he added. "I am pretty confident we can. I have said that many times before."

Time for the sulking, diving <deleted> to move on and into oblivion just like all the other Chelsea players that thought the grass was greener elsewhere! :o

Blues plan Drogba meeting

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck says the club will sit down with Didier Drogba to see if the striker wants to stay at Stamford Bridge.

Drogba has been tipped to leave the Blues over the summer, with Milan confirming he is on their list of transfer targets.

The Ivory Coast ace was sent off in the UEFA Champions League final against Manchester United in midweek, and Buck admits it was a 'silly' red card for the forward to pick up.

But Buck remains hopeful that Drogba will still be in West London next season and is planning to hold talks with the former Marseille man shortly.

''Didier is a superb player generally," Buck told Chelsea TV. "There have been some comments reported to be made by Didier over the last year that maybe he would like to leave Chelsea. On most occasions he has said that he has been misquoted.

"Now that the season is over, we have to sit down with him and see what the story is and what his future is. He is a great player, I hope he stays, but that is a decision the club and Didier will have to make collectively.

"This year he has had some niggling injuries, but we know he can change the course of a game, as he nearly did in Moscow.

"As I have said, he is a superb player, but if you are a world-class player, which he is, you have to avoid the silly red cards, the ones that come about over nothing - and I think Didier will be sorry that he got that red card."

Following Chelsea's failure to win a trophy this season, there have been widespread reports of a mass exodus from Stamford Bridge over the summer.

Buck expects Avram Grant's squad to be trimmed during the off-season, but he is not predicting wholesale changes of the playing staff.

He added: "We decided several months ago that our squad size is a few players too many. It is about 28 now and it should really be 22 plus three goalkeepers.

"So there is going to be some movement just to get the squad down to the size we think is optimum. In terms of other transfers generally, every year we want to tweak the squad a bit, so there will be some changes, but I don't expect there to be massive, wholesale changes."

YOU overlook the fact that Chelsea played more games this seaon than any other team in Europe AND were harder hit by African Nations Championship than Manchester United .Thus we were unable to play the best part of the season without our preferred first eleven.Add to that our horrendous injury list.Not bad for a team of "footballing mercenaries"

You really make me larf mate. Talk a load of unadulerated drivel - but make me larf. :D

Jeez :o

Grant sacked as Chelsea manager

Chelsea have sacked manager Avram Grant after just eight months in charge.

The decision followed two days of talks between Grant, 53, and the club's chief executive Peter Kenyon.

The Israeli coach's position had been subject to intense speculation after Chelsea finished runners up in the Premier League and Champions League.

Chelsea said in a statement on their website that the search for a new coach would now begin and that the club will make no further comment.

The statement said: "Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Avram Grant has had his contract as manager terminated today. This follows meetings over the last two days.

"Everybody at Chelsea FC would like to thank Avram for his contribution since taking over as manager last September.

"We will now be concentrating all our efforts on identifying a new manager for Chelsea and there will be no further comment until that appointment is made."

The futures of Chelsea assistants Steve Clarke and Henk Ten Cate are unclear and no official word has yet been given on their positions.

Grant, a close friend of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, took over when Jose Mourinho was sacked in September.

Grant deserves sympathy

Avram Grant cradled heartbroken John Terry in his arms as Chelsea's iconic captain broke down in despair after missing the penalty the would have won the Champions League.

It is to be hoped there is sympathy left over for Grant after he was acquainted with the savage ruthlessness that now accompanies the dogfight for honours at the top of the English game.

Grant's sacking, announced at 1759 BST on Saturday, was no great surprise after messages from Chelsea's hierarchy since their defeat on penalties to Manchester United in Moscow gave him no cause to start planning for the future.

No surprise - but still a startling example of what football has become at the sharp end. It may be madness but this is now the price on the ticket for some managers.

It is a sign of the cut-throat nature of the modern game that a decent, dignified man is sacked three days after missing out on club football's biggest honour by the width of a post and on the Premier League title on the last day of the season.

Chelsea will simply say - close but not close enough. Second is nowhere as far as billionaire owner Roman Abramovich is concerned and a man regarded as his friend has paid the price.

Grant took on one of the toughest tasks in football when he succeeded Jose Mourinho in September. He was a man in sharp contrast to the charismatic, endlessly quotable "Special One" who was the headline writers' dream and loved by every Chelsea fan.

The 53-year-old Israeli was perceived as dour and low-key, despite time revealing Grant's dry sense of humour and quiet decency in the face of almost daily questions about his future.

And yet he kept his head and kept Chelsea in the title race until the final afternoon, and achieved a feat beyond even the celebrated Mourinho when he defeated Liverpool to guide the club to their first Champions League final.

Grant's wife Tsofit was unforgiving towards the media before Chelsea's defeat in Russia, saying: "It was clear that we would mainly go out to beat the media, the guillotine people, bloodthirsty and hungry for raw flesh. That is how I see the media."

But it was not the media who merely let the dust settle on the season before unceremoniously showing Grant the door. This honour goes to Abramovich, Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon and chairman Bruce Buck. They were the ultimate executioners in this gloves-off pursuit of glory.

Grant had moments when he deserved criticism. He badly mismanaged the Carling Cup final defeat against Spurs, and the substitution of Joe Cole after he scored two goals at Spurs was the catalyst for the concession of two important points.

He has been accused of many things, but no-one can seriously say a man who reached a Champions League final, a Carling Cup final and finished second in the league has done a bad job.

Grant has been ill-served by the carping of some of his players, and if Chelsea's hierarchy harboured any doubts - which they clearly didn't - about whether to keep him at Stamford Bridge, he was not well-served by his highest-profile signing during his time in charge.

He lavished £15m on Nicolas Anelka and yet all he got in return was a refusal to take one of the first five penalties in the Moscow shoot-out, followed up by an ill-timed attack on Grant's methods that applied a kick when he was down.

Grant had won over many Chelsea fans with his composure in the face of pressure, but there was always the lingering feeling that his lack of a "wow factor" and an understandable inability to shimmer stardust over the game in the manner of his flamboyant predecessor would count against him unless he could bring the big prizes to Stamform Bridge.

If it is any consolation, Grant leaves Stamford Bridge with his reputation as a person and a football man enhanced. It is a hard heart that does not feel a measure of sympathy for a man who is the latest victim of the relentless search for perfection.

Grant handled himself in a way that did him huge credit right up until his final moments in charge, when he received generous applause from the world's media following his Moscow press conference.

He will now go in search of another chance to prove his credentials - and he can leave Chelsea with his head held high.

In an ordinary world, Grant's efforts this season would have been more than enough to earn him another crack at leading Chelsea next season.

Sadly for Grant, football is no ordinary world, especially not at a club with one of the world's richest men at the helm, a man for whom second place is as bad finishing bottom of the pile.

YOU overlook the fact that Chelsea played more games this seaon than any other team in Europe AND were harder hit by African Nations Championship than Manchester United .Thus we were unable to play the best part of the season without our preferred first eleven.Add to that our horrendous injury list.Not bad for a team of "footballing mercenaries"

You really make me larf mate. Talk a load of unadulerated drivel - but make me larf. :D

It wasn't supposed to be amusing but,then again,you must be easily pleased watching West Ham every week.Its laugh not 'larf' and unadulterated is the word you are looking for.The "industrial smoke sweeping east" must have affected your brain as well as your lungs.

I'm a bitter man today so don't expect any congratulations from me for the northern scum.Whoever or Whatever decides the fate,the fall of the cards or the roll of a the dice must have a very sick sense of humour to have dealt the cruellest of blows to the one man of the 22 that didn't deserve it.A man that has been through the mill this season,been operated on,knocked unconscious twice,fractured a cheekbone and dislocated an elbow just over a week before the final.All for the Chelsea cause.

Yet there are others that bitch,moan,squeal,spit and cry that don't get so much as a broken toenail.Where's the justice?The cup was ours and it was stolen from our grasp by a loss of footing.

Well,99% of the Neanderthals on this forum got their wish and saw Manchester United win yet ANOTHER trophy.They must be deliriously happy that the most successful English club inthe history of the sport has pilfered another prize to add to its horde.I couldn't care a toss that this sounds like a shop full of sour grapes.We were robbed by the post,the bar and a piece of wet grass.

So why are Chelsea,if not the most hated club in the Premiership are certainly the most hated in this forum?Success?Man.Utd.,Liverpool,Arsenal far outstrip us on that score.Money?Ditto.Or is it because a club plucked from administration by an unknown Russian had the audacity to break the Big Three mould and actually challenge and then win the Premiership?Or was it that he chose us above the rest?Or is it Ashley Cole who had the audacity to move from one job to another for more money?Sounds familiar?It should do because we've all done it.Or is it the collective passion and will to win that we show on the pitch, that all successful teams show, that others can't grasp?

You overlook the fact that most people who know the game and are neutral are unanimous that throughout the WHOLE SEASON Man U were a far superior team,check the stats,more games won , less games lost ,more goals scored ,less conceded etc etc..In the final Man U were the far better team in the first half and in the extra time. Penalties are not the way to decide a game but until someone comes up with a better method so be it.Ferguson has lost most penalty shoot outs as he has conceded ,this time he was simply favoured on the law of averages.

It proves that simply throwing money at footballing mercenaries is not the way to build a long term successful team or club. Chelsea might talk about team spirit etc but for most they are a team of indiviuals and just make a list of how many have come and gone in the last 3 seasons , a veritable revolving door. Shevchenko is paid $5million a season to spend most of his time playing golf and sitting on the bench. Do you think that there will not be another massive clear out now ? are these the type of players Chelsea aspire to have at their club. You conveniently dont mention the petulant antics that Drogba gets up to and the constant harrassment the players give the referee when ever a decison goes against them. And please tell us why Peter Kenyon was chosen,or chose himself, to lead the players to receive the losers medals. When did he play for Chelsea ? or was no one else in the club past and present available ? Man United were led by Bobby Charlton and that says it all about the 2 clubs.

YOU overlook the fact that Chelsea played more games this seaon than any other team in Europe AND were harder hit by African Nations Championship than Manchester United .Thus we were unable to play the best part of the season without our preferred first eleven.Add to that our horrendous injury list.Not bad for a team of "footballing mercenaries".I suppose you were one of the 'neutral' judges who said that Shevchenko,when he arrived would"score goals for fun".Well,he was someone I never wanted at the club because he was damaged goods and had left all his best football behind him at AC Milan.You could tell by Mourinho's body language that he was 'ecstatic' at his arrival.Oh and please,no MORE of the plastic yellow workers sign,it's so funny the tears are running down my legs. I can't stand it.Please....for the sake of my aching sides.

I would,personally,like to thank Wayne Rooney for the unbridled enjoyment he brought me in the Final.Taken off without having a shot to his name.What an overated sack of filth that is.

Personally,I couldn't care a monkeys who led the team up.

Is it possible that you could, over the next few days, come up with some more excuses for Chelseas failures this season. The hierachy have already stated the squad is far too big and will be trimmed. The careers of Steve Sidwell,Wayne Bridge and Shaun Wright -Phillips have gone backwards because of the squad size and lack of playing opportunities with the latter 2 putting their England careers in jeopardy. When you feel better sit down quietly and make a list of players and managers who have gone through the "Chelsea revolving door" over the last 3 seasons. Stabilty is the one of the keys to any clubs success and because of the Chelseas owners "quick fix" mentality expect more turmoil. You may not care who led the team to collect the medals but let me assure you many ex Chelsea players and supporters were disgusted that Kenyon was strolling around with the medal around his neck while Bobby Charlton quietly asked for it to be placed in his hand and not around his neck,small points maybe but says it all.Wayne Rooney a "sack of filth" well he too will,in time, become a Man U legend and you wont have to worry about him ever going to Chelsea.

Contenders queue up to replace Grant at Blues

Updated: May 24, 2008, 2:34 PM ET

Comment

Email

Print

A host of names have already been linked with the Chelsea manager's job even though Avram Grant was not sacked until Saturday.

Grant's tenure at Stamford Bridge was always viewed as a stop-gap measure even though the club consistently denied he would be leaving.

But the attention now switches to those men most likely to replace the 52-year-old Israeli and the first name in the frame is Frank Rijkaard. He was linked with the job as soon as previous boss Jose Mourinho was axed last September.

Rijkaard has just been released by Barcelona after failing to win a trophy for the Spaniards in the last two seasons.

He is a friend of Frank Arnesen, who controls the club's scouting network, and has worked with assistant coach Henk ten Cate at the Nou Camp.

But Rijkaard has no Premier League experience and there have been recent concerns over his health as well as personal issues.

Dutchman Guus Hiddink is another favoured contender. Like Grant, he is a close friend of the club's billionaire owner Roman Abramovich and regarded as the world's best tactician.

Hiddink has consistently denied being interested in the Chelsea job but has as yet, somewhat significantly, not signed a new deal with the Russian Federation.

Abramovich is currently paying his salary to manage Russia and while there is no doubting his pedigree, he has not been involved in club football for some time.

Hiddink has more recently been associated with the international game with spells in South Korea and Australia before taking on the Russian job.

Sven-Goran Eriksson is understood to have rejected the job on two previous occasions and was infamously caught out secretly meeting the club's chief executive Peter Kenyon on one occasion.

His future at Manchester City is unclear and, like Hiddink, he boasts a fine record at club and international level.

But Chelsea fans are unlikely to welcome the Swede and that may dampen the club's willingness to pursue him. Then, of course, there is the most unlikely prospect of the return of fan's favourite Mourinho.

The 'Special One' was axed last September and replaced by the luckless Grant. Mourinho went after Chelsea's first Champions League game against a weak Rosenborg side ended in a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho's relationship with the board, and Abramovich in particular, had deteriorated so much that both sides opted to call it a day.

Mourinho has been out of a job ever since but is favourite to join Inter Milan in the summer even though his relationship with Chelsea's Russian owner has been rebuilt in the last two months.

But his style of football was part of the reason for the severance in the first place and he would find it difficult to adopt another, more attacking approach.

But at a club that opted to replace him with a 52-year-old Israeli, who had never managed in England before and was a virtual unknown outside his own country, anything is possible. Even the return of the 'Special One'.

No apology of course for spitting on Tevez..

England Captain my arse.

How big is this Guys ego ??

From official Chelsea Website…

To all the Chelsea fans, all my team-mates, the manager and staff at the club.

I am so sorry for missing the penalty and denying you the fans, my team-mates, family and friends the chance to become European champions.

Many people have told me I don't need to say that but I feel I need to, that's just me. I have relived that moment every minute since it happened. I have only slept a few hours and wake up every time hoping it's all been a bad dream.

I have had some amazing support from fans, current and ex-players, family and friends and I need to thank everyone for that. But I am a big man and I take responsibility for us not winning.

I am and ALWAYS will be Chelsea through and through. I will give my all on and off the pitch to win this trophy as a player and one day as a manager. And I am sure we will win it.

That night in Moscow will haunt me forever and I feel I have let everybody down and this hurts me more than anything. I am not ashamed about crying. This is a trophy I have tried so hard year after year to win and it was just an uncontrollable reaction, I wear my heart on my sleeve, everybody knows that.

The road to Rome starts here, we have to try and turn this experience to our advantage. I am very proud of how far we have come this season with everything that has gone on.

Thank you for all your support for the team this season.'

It wasn't supposed to be amusing but,then again,you must be easily pleased watching West Ham every week.Its laugh not 'larf' and unadulterated is the word you are looking for.The "industrial smoke sweeping east" must have affected your brain as well as your lungs.

I totally agree with you about this man's? comments. He sounds the sort to not go out with a girl because her name is Chelsea, refrain from eating Chelsea buns, and kicks the occaisional Chelsea pensioner. I can just see him now, sitting in an arm chair, chest puffed out with pride, watching the opening half hour of " The Rise of the Footsoldier"

Grant sacking inevitable - Hoddle

Chelsea's decision to sack coach Avram Grant was inevitable after he failed to win a trophy, says former Blues boss Glenn Hoddle.

Chelsea came second in the Carling Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

"Managing Chelsea at this time, three runners-up situations is just not good enough," Hoddle told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"When you look at Roman Abramovich's money that he has put into it, unfortunately that's the pressure that anyone who goes in there is under."

Grant was dismissed on Saturday after eight months in charge of the club.

Richard Bevan of the League Managers Association told 5 Live's Sportsweek that Abramovich has said he "contributed 30% towards the club regarding on-the-pitch activity".

And Hoddle believes that another foreign manager is likely to replace Grant as they are more likely to be comfortable with such an influential club owner.

"That is a foreign concept isn't it?" said Hoddle. "And maybe these guys are a little bit more used to having that input for a chairman or a president.

"Looking from afar, I think that's maybe the little chink in the armour and why Jose Mourinho went.

"But you can understand that if someone is putting that amount of finances in they want a say."

Grant faced an almost impossible task in succeeding former Blues boss Mourinho, said BBC Sport's Pat Nevin.

"When he took over the job I felt it was a holding role until the man Chelsea really wanted could come in," Nevin told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"He could almost only fail. If he did well it was Mourinho's team; if he did badly he'd ruined Mourinho's team."

Grant's side came desperately close to winning Wednesday's Champions League final against Manchester United and would have done so had captain John Terry successfully converted a penalty.

But Terry slipped and missed and after Nicolas Anelka missed another penalty, United won the shoot-out 6-5.

Avi Cohen, chairman of the Israeli Football Association and a friend of Grant, told BBC Radio 5 Live: "It's very, very unfair particularly because of the success he did.

"You know, John Terry should have scored the penalty and Chelsea would have been champions of Europe and Avram would have stayed, so you can't blame Avram Grant because John Terry missed a penalty."

As well as beating Chelsea in the Champions League final, Manchester United pipped the Blues to the Premier League title by two points, while Grant's side also lost the Carling Cup final to Spurs.

However, the 53-year-old Israeli coach's position had been subject to intense speculation ever since he succeeded Mourinho.

Among the favourites to succeed Grant are ex-Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard, Russia coach Guus Hiddink, Inter Milan coach Roberto Mancini, and Blacburn boss Mark Hughes.

"Hiddink has a fantastic record with Korea, Australia and getting Russia to the finals, while he did a great job with PSV. Everything stands out," said Nevin.

"He's also a good friend of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, who played a large part in giving him the Russian job - all the twos and twos add up to make four on this one.

"You want someone who is a very good coach, but who is also a personality. There are very few in the world who can match up to Mourinho, but Hiddink is definitely one of them."

BBC Radio 5 Live football correspondent Jonathan Legard said: "With Chelsea looking for a stellar name with Champions League pedigree - the new Mourinho if you like - Frank Rijkaard's claims are obvious.

"He made Barcelona champions of Spain and Europe; his former assistant, Henk ten Cate is already a Chelsea coach. But Rijkaard has insisted he wants a year out of football.

"Hiddink is another European Cup winner but he has repeatedly maintained his future is as coach of Russia, where he is partly funded by Roman Abramovich. His new contract agreed in March, however, remains unsigned and that is causing tensions.

"Mancini, meanwhile, has signalled his interest but his domestic achievements with Inter have not at all been matched by success in Europe.

"And would Chelsea really want a coach about to be replaced by Mourinho, possibly in the next 48 hours?

"I'm told that Sven-Goran Eriksson is not a contender."

I totally agree with you about this man's? comments. He sounds the sort to not go out with a girl because her name is Chelsea, refrain from eating Chelsea buns, and kicks the occaisional Chelsea pensioner. I can just see him now, sitting in an arm chair, chest puffed out with pride, watching the opening half hour of " The Rise of the Footsoldier"

I don't think anyone feels like kicking a Chelsea pensioner or not eating Chelsea buns, whatever they are because you provided the world with top entertainment. Drogba being sent off, Terry sliding on his bum after missing the penalty and sobbing, Kenyon being first to collect a losers medal for spending an oil billionares money and the Avram Grant shuffling in his wet suit, probably smirking inside knowing he is due to pick millions for less than a season, having only lost a couple of matches. Top stuff you've given us full value :D

I like Chelsea buns, but can't seem to buy them in Bangkok. :D

Okay, here's some more Chelsea related goings on.....

Sacked Grant dubbed a 'loser' by Mourinho

Mourinho's Chelsea verdict: Grant's a 'loser'

Duncan Castles The Observer, Sunday May 25 2008 Article history

Avram Grant has been sacked by Chelsea, on the day José Mourinho broke his long silence on his successor at Stamford Bridge by criticising the Israeli's failure to win a single trophy. The Portuguese went on to suggest that the football philosophy of his successor is that of 'a loser'.

Mourinho's exclusive interview with The Observer comes as it is revealed that Roman Abramovich made the Portuguese manager the extraordinary gift of a limited edition Ferrari worth more than £2million, in the immediate aftermath of Grant's debilitating Carling Cup final loss to Tottenham.

February's defeat was one of three final-day failures, culminating in Wednesday's Champions League Final loss to Manchester United. The Israeli coach had his contract terminated last night.

Asked if Chelsea's campaign had been the good one Grant depicted it as, Mourinho said: 'That depends on your philosophy of leadership. In my philosophy it was a very bad one because in football "almost" means defeat and Chelsea almost won the Carling Cup, almost won the Champions League, and almost won the Premier League. Almost is nothing.

'After two titles per season for the last three years there were zero titles this season, which in my philosophy means a really bad season. Maybe in the philosophy of a loser this was a great season, which I respect.'

Mourinho was in regular contact with Abramovich and several of his former players ahead of the Champions League final and was quick to commiserate with them after their defeat on penalties in Moscow. He told the Russian billionaire that Chelsea would not continue to suffer the misfortune that also cost them two previous European Cup semi-finals to Liverpool.

'The best team lost the Champions League final, like last season the best team lost the Champions League semi-final,' Mourinho said. 'That is football. I have always said that details make the difference at this level - and luck is a really big detail.

'I am very sad about what happened. In the last two years this team lost a Champions League final and a Champions League semi-final on penalties. The supporters deserve more, Roman and the board deserve more, top people like [Frank] Lampard, [Michael] Essien, [Claude] Makelele, Ashley [Cole], Didier [Drogba], [Ricardo] Carvalho, [and coaches] Steve Clarke, Mick McGiven and some others deserve happiness. I still think of them as my boys.

'Yes, I was sad. Yes, I felt deeply that it was not fair. But I believe that after an empty season new success will come to Chelsea. And I will always be a Chelsea supporter.'

The chances of Mourinho returning as Chelsea manager have increased significantly in recent weeks. Mourinho was astounded when Chelsea director

Eugene Tenenbaum called in February to inform him that Abramovich had purchased a rare Ferrari for the man he had removed from Stamford Bridge five months previously.

Customised specially for Mourinho, the 612 Scaglietti was one of just 60 produced to commemorate Ferrari's 60th anniversary. While still at Chelsea, Mourinho had told Abramovich that if he could have his choice of cars, the four-seat Scaglietti would be it. The list price is around £250,000, but such is its rarity the secondary-market value is as much as eight times that amount.

Abramovich's gift was made at a time at which he had begun to consider replacing Grant as manager, with Mourinho's name raised as a potential appointment. While such a move appears more feasible now that Grant has gone, sources close to the Portuguese coach say that he is too close to taking a position in Italy for it to happen this close season, although they do not rule it out in the future.

Mourinho is likely to take over from Roberto Mancini at Internazionale and may sign a contract with the Serie A club this week. He has already drawn up plans for next season and is likely to take striker Didier Drogba with him to Italy.

Grant has agreed a £5.2m pay-off from Chelsea. Although bookies were offering odds on as many as 10 different managers to be the Israeli's successor, the favourites are former Barçelona coach Frank Rijkaard, Guus Hiddink and Sven-Goran Eriksson.

Chelsea have been involved in secret conversations with Hiddink, whose position as Russia's national coach is not as secure as has been presented. The Dutchman has a provisional contract to coach Russia until the 2010 World Cup, but that will not be ratified until after Euro 2008 and senior figures in the Russian Football Union are unimpressed by the team's qualification campaign. Vitaly Mutko, newly appointed sports minister and head of the Russian Football Union, said: 'We will evaluate his work after the European Championship.' Although his salary is funded by the Chelsea owner, Hiddink has previously resisted invitations to manage the club for personal reasons.

Eriksson, who was approached about the Stamford Bridge post before Mourinho replaced Claudio Ranieri in 2004, is due to meet Chelsea officials next week after he is formally dismissed by Manchester City. The Swede had been linked with a return to his former club Benfica, but the Lisbon side have appointed Quique Sánchez Flores. The Spaniard was sacked by Valencia last October

Sadly it appears that Moronio has lost none of his "class" :o . Whilst it was inevitable that Grant was going to get the boot, probably win or lose, the way he has been treated by the club has been disgraceful. Grant has conducted himself in a dignified manner, and is clearly a pretty capable Manager. He was always in a losing situation. Win trophies - Morons team, lose- Grants fault. Whilst I'll admit that Grant is certainly not a top, top manager he has managed to sail the Chelsea ship through some pretty choppy waters over the past few months and kept them in the race to the very last games.

On this occasion Moron should have kept his gob shut, it shows a lot about the blokes character, that he feels the need to talk himself up and kick Grant in knackers. Would Moron have won the Cup and league, we'll nevert know, but it's pretty easy for him to talk about it. All if's, buts and maybes.

Duncan Castles The Observer, Sunday May 25 2008 Article history

Grant has agreed a £5.2m pay-off from Chelsea. Although bookies were offering odds on as many as 10 different managers to be the Israeli's successor, the favourites are former Barçelona coach Frank Rijkaard, Guus Hiddink and Sven-Goran Eriksson.....

Whilst it was inevitable that Grant was going to get the boot, probably win or lose, the way he has been treated by the club has been disgraceful. Grant has conducted himself in a dignified manner, and is clearly a pretty capable Manager. He was always in a losing situation. Win trophies - Morons team, lose- Grants fault. Whilst I'll admit that Grant is certainly not a top, top manager he has managed to sail the Chelsea ship through some pretty choppy waters over the past few months and kept them in the race to the very last games.

I'm in total agreement with you Mr Toad on the appalling treatment that Grant has recieved, However, I think when he looks at his bank account and sees 5.2 million in there, he'll believe that it was all worth it. 8 months work = 5.2 million, can't be bad. It's Chelsea who are the real mugs for offering him such a contract when they knew, like we all did, that he'd only ever be a stop gap.

Edited by thecatman

I don't think anyone feels like kicking a Chelsea pensioner or not eating Chelsea buns, whatever they are because you provided the world with top entertainment. Drogba being sent off, Terry sliding on his bum after missing the penalty and sobbing, Kenyon being first to collect a losers medal for spending an oil billionares money and the Avram Grant shuffling in his wet suit, probably smirking inside knowing he is due to pick millions for less than a season, having only lost a couple of matches. Top stuff you've given us full value :D

Well,bless my cotton socks! I've never known this Chelsea thread to be so busy.Another 'Missing Link' from the East joins the fray.You've never heard of Chelsea buns? That figures.

It's a grand statement to make to assume that the "world" was entertained by Chelsea's misfortune.Still,to be a West Ham supporter in the Premiership must be dibilitating.In another non descript season,there's nothing to talk about other than where their 'crown jewel' will end up next season.

Well,bless my cotton socks! I've never known this Chelsea thread to be so busy.Another 'Missing Link' from the East joins the fray.You've never heard of Chelsea buns? That figures.

It's a grand statement to make to assume that the "world" was entertained by Chelsea's misfortune.Still,to be a West Ham supporter in the Premiership must be dibilitating.In another non descript season,there's nothing to talk about other than where their 'crown jewel' will end up next season.

I didn't know chelsea buns could be used as an indicator of intellegence, class or education or whatever you mean by "Missing Link' though if you mean primative I take that as a compliment :D though I certainly have never liked sweet stodgy things. As far as 'grand statements' go, all I can say is don't shoot the messenger your club has become a bit of a joke; have you not been out lately and talked to a few people or read a few forums? As for West Ham United it's not so debilitating being a supporter. In fact it's satisfying to be able produce so many talented youngsters. In contrast, your club continues to inflate the market by buying players -wanting to ride the chelsea gravey train -at inflated prices. However the days of running a football club in debt, to the amount your club has been spending, are probably numbered. Either Abramovich will get bored and pull out or UEFA/FIFA will outlaw clubs operating at huge losses. This would be a shame in some ways as I'm beginning to enjoy the comedy soap opera that your club has become.

khon teu yot :o

You really don't get it do you. I spelled laugh as larf as being tongue-in-cheek and for you to pick on the mistyping as unaldulterated (sic) shows great insecurity on your behalf.

Which is of no suprise, supporting the parsitical Club that's allowed its soul to be ripped out. Whose weekly crowd consists of tourist, kids and c**ts and is the most hated team in Britain bar none. Why ? Not only because your Club is despicable, your bunch of players thoroughly nasty (Joe Cole now seems to have become infected I notice) but also because Chelsea have come to represent all that real football supporters despise most.

HTH :D

Edited by Happy Hammer

totally agree with you about this man's? comments. He sounds the sort to not go out with a girl because her name is Chelsea, refrain from eating Chelsea buns, and kicks the occaisional Chelsea pensioner. I can just see him now, sitting in an arm chair, chest puffed out with pride, watching the opening half hour of " The Rise of the Footsoldier"

Don't be a mug son. I went over to Stamford Bridge when it was still a dog track. That is, before Chelsea Village. And you ? :o

The only "girl" that I know of called Chelsea is the one whose father has a reputation for preferring his employess to go down.

Similar to Terry really. :D