What is your favorite Diet Soda in Thailand?

Hal65

I like diet sodas as a nice 0 calorie cheat. Though I'm not a fan of Coca Cola 0 or Pepsi Max, they are everywhere. I usually take the Pepsi.

I recommend against EST sugar free; the taste is not as refined (tastes a tad more chemical)

I wish there was Diet Mountain Dew in Thailand/Pattaya! Has anyone ever had the fortune of coming across one?

Keeps changing the taste I find,

always had Pepsi Max then the taste was funny, tried EST [no Max anywhere for weeks] and was better, few weeks ago that tasted funny, now back on Pspsi Max and tastes a lot better..

Not seen Est diet for a while, maybe there changing the taste again ? did buy 10x 1.45 lt cases of Pepsi Max so will last a while..

I like Pepsi Max and notice variations in flavor. I wonder if some stores are storing sodas in hot storage areas and this is the reason. Many Asian restaurant owners did this back home and you could taste a big difference even when they finally refrigerated it.

I have never had a diet soda.It's rumored they help with getting type 2 diabetes.I don't drink many sodas.Take A spoon of sugar put A drop of liquid on it.Just about the same thing.

"Rumored they help with getting diabetes? A spoon of sugar . . . Just about the same thing?"

I am curious where you get your "facts."

Either Time Magazine or the NYT had an article about how the artificial sweeteners can trick your pancreas into producing more insulin plus other harm they can do. The articles were very recent so if you search online you can probably find them. The recommendation was to drink things only moderately sweetened with sugar (sucrose.) Coming from Pennsylvania Dutch country, I have a powerful sweet tooth. As a child, I can remember eating German chocolate cake that was so sweet that it made my teeth hurt. Pennsylvania is the only place I have seen where the coffee machines have a selection called Double Mocha. These days, I order a regular cafe mocha and put in a couple envelopes of Splenda to give it the kick that I want. At 6 feet and 185 pounds, I'm a little overweight but not obese. My Splenda ues is probably doing me some harm somewhere but I'm managing OK! I don't drink artificially sweetened drinks much but I do like coconut water (juice?)

Either Time Magazine or the NYT had an article about how the artificial sweeteners can trick your pancreas into producing more insulin plus other harm they can do. The articles were very recent so if you search online you can probably find them. The recommendation was to drink things only moderately sweetened with sugar (sucrose.) Coming from Pennsylvania Dutch country, I have a powerful sweet tooth. As a child, I can remember eating German chocolate cake that was so sweet that it made my teeth hurt. Pennsylvania is the only place I have seen where the coffee machines have a selection called Double Mocha. These days, I order a regular cafe mocha and put in a couple envelopes of Splenda to give it the kick that I want. At 6 feet and 185 pounds, I'm a little overweight but not obese. My Splenda ues is probably doing me some harm somewhere but I'm managing OK! I don't drink artificially sweetened drinks much but I do like coconut water (juice?)

While it seems that the jury is still out on a satirical sweetener/diabetes link, like most other things in life, moderation is probably the best course of action.

I have been working to cut down on the amount of sugar I consume each day, but it is a real challenge in that there seems to be sugar in so many, many foods.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/17/artificial-sweetener-diabetes/15777225/

Edited by SpokaneAl

Try Schweppes Manao, not exactly diet but not as fizzy as other drinks and tastes great.

Yes, I have that from time to time and it is good - not too fizzy either.

But normally I have Schweppes Tonic Water - either added to a half glass of water to reduce the gas, or to half a glass of fruit juice (in my case Pomelo) which gives a nice (not too) fizzy fruit drink.

Neither has as many calories as other fizzy drinks.

Pepsi Max, except when mixed with SangSom then I want real coke or pepsi.

With Pepsi Max you need to check the bottle/expire date. It only keeps good taste/gas for 2-3 months, after that "undrinkable"

I always make sure my 12tray 1.5 liter (about 280 baht) I buy is no older then 1 month.

Occasionally, Villa Market will offer Fresca. It is wonderful diet grapefruit soda from the U.S. .

It is pricey (45baht a can), but it is a great drink and mixer too.

post-207943-0-21782400-1463533948_thumb.

I believe some months back that Pepsi changed the sweetener it was using in Maxx and the product was crap. Switched to Coke Zero but too sweet in my Bacardi and Coke. Maxx is better now meaning they must have adjusted the formula. Sometimes I will mix Maxx and Zero with my Bacardi to perfect the taste.Bottoms Up

Are you serious Diet sodas are worst then regular sodas, not that any of them are good

With all the info on sodas I cant believe anybody is still drinking this poison ???

Water and lime or lemon juice or even better Homemade Kombucha incredible fizzy drink

Diet Coke for me... It's not as sweet as regular coke, and coke zero testes even sweeter. Not keen on the taste of Pepsi low-cals.

I would drink low-cal soda manao if I could get it... But when I'm home I just make it myself.... soda water, with a dash of lemon/lime juice & some honey.

Diet Coke for me... It's not as sweet as regular coke, and coke zero testes even sweeter. Not keen on the taste of Pepsi low-cals.

I would drink low-cal soda manao if I could get it... But when I'm home I just make it myself.... soda water, with a dash of lemon/lime juice & some honey.

yes I miss my diet soda manao

and for all you cynics out there, you know who you are lol, if you're trying to keep the flab off this topic IS of interest