Check your tyres before driving off, Chiang Mai motorists warned

Check your tyres before driving off, Chiang Mai motorists warned

post-137452-0-39397500-1463669981_thumb.

Image: Sanook

CHIANG MAI:-- Motorists in Chiang Mai have been warned to check the area around their tyres before driving off after several people have found a strange puncturing device, reports Sanook News.

The device - a CD with up to four screws bolted onto its centre - is placed under the tyre of a car. Several incidents have now alerted police to the possibility that a gang is at work with the intention of stealing from victims.

Reporters spoke to Montri, 35, a business owner who was lucky to spot one of the devices under the wheel of his parked car on the Manere Noparat Road before driving off to work. He posted about it on Facebook after one of his customers told him he had experienced the same thing. He said women alone in cars should be especially careful.

Though he admitted it was anyone's guess as to the reason the devices were being placed on the city's roads.

Police said they were aware of the issue and were investigating who might be behind it and why.

Source: Sanook News

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-19

Scary shit": It must have been around 20 years ago when a gang was using youngsters to throw rocks at peoples' windshields. Of course did many people stop, because they only saw the kids, but not the adults, hiding somewhere.

The guys who stopped didn't just loose their valuables, also their lives and the dead body was then disposed nearby ( They had all planned well ) Then they drove off with the car that was immediately sold to Laos and it took quite a while to catch the gang.

Please do not stop when you see a maybe faked motorbike accident scene where a lot of people are only waiting for somebody to stop. They don't like to have witnesses.

Wish all of you a safe trip, never lose your common sense. Life' isn't worth a lot here and money rules.....wai2.gif

One step up from the charming traders who think they own the ROADWAY in front of their shops and place Obstacles there to prevent you parking.

One such Medium size Jewelry Store in Chiang Mai Land has even constructed two WHEELED advertising signs that he leaves on the road

to discourage people parking.

When walking past, I take great delight in pushing them into the Gutter for him. Obviously I don't park there as he may decide to do something

Unkind to my car.

Often ask my wife to complain to local Authorities about this guy and others like him but sadly, "Thainess" prevents her from doing so.

Also saw pics of leaves with screws coming through them, 2 days ago on a Thai facebook site.

In 10 years here I've only had one nail, one screw, and one razor blade stuck into my tyres.

My fault for er, having a car and motorbikes.... er...

Older Thai guys that are less off than me. Which I suppose excuses such behavior. rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

I once had contact with a Thai motorbike repairman who admitted during lulls in business, regularly throwing tacks on the road approaching his workshop. He genuinely thought it was a smart business tactic.

I once had contact with a Thai motorbike repairman who admitted during lulls in business, regularly throwing tacks on the road approaching his workshop. He genuinely thought it was a smart business tactic.

..bloody CD Pirates.

Edited by tandor