I spend so little money in Thailand that it's hard to open my wallet

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow how does theguy know what phone return uses? Anybody else beginning to think they are the same person? smile.png did somebody post under the wrong sock puppet by accident there?

Of course it's all the same guy smile.png

But shhhhhhh... don't tell him.

He is in his own "multiple personalities trip". We don't want him to suddenly find out the ugly truth about himself and have him end up in shock...

And besides this, he (and associated pseudos) is super entertaining smile.png

Slander is a criminal offense in Thailand.

Moderators can absolutely prove that I do not have more than one account on this forum.

Hopefully this will shut you up.

Wow how does theguy know what phone return uses? Anybody else beginning to think they are the same person? smile.png did somebody post under the wrong sock puppet by accident there?

He is in his own "multiple personalities trip". We don't want him to suddenly find out the ugly truth about himself and have him end up in shock...

Moderators can absolutely prove that I do not have more than one account on this forum.

We love you :)

Anybody else with more great ideas of amazing savings making life in Thailand so cheap that it is virtually impossible to open our wallets?

Must be tons of possibilities for those who aspire to a real meaningless life in Thailand.

Euh... Sorry, I mean "meaningful", not "meaningless" (5555).

Edited by gerry1011

referring to free and/or cheap tons of Russian caviar is merely a coincidence gigglem.gif

You should take this slander matter further... some coin in it for you for sure = more winning !!

Nor is spent spent spent, sorry?

Nobody knows what this remark means. What are you trying to say?

I understood this immediately. It's actually quite funny.

But to elaborate, if you are going to be a pedant, you really should proofread.

Your self-proclaimed erudition does not counter your intolerance for a world view other than your own.

Simply put, who are you to judge how others spend the money they have made.

And a word to the wise, people who buy Ferraris can usually afford to buy more than a couple. If you have millions a few hundred thousand is a mere drop in the bucket.

You can't take it with you.

You should take this slander matter further... some coin in it for you for sure = more winning !!

How? Always eager to win.

Rather pointless to pursue slander charges as the written form of defamation is called libel.

Rather pointless to pursue slander charges as the written form of defamation is called libel.

Ohhh. we have a toffee nosed one amongst us it seems.

Some on here seem to show a bit of anger.

Or at least a bit of discomfort, or maybe disappointment because this thread has evolved to something less depressing than usual?

I, for once, really enjoy speaking about savings wink.png

Well just today I cancelled my wifi and have managed to brute force my neighbors connection. I haven't managed to quit smoking but I discovered that the ashtrays in front of hospitals are great places to find ones that are only half smoked. So I am able to smoke and I don't pay! This will take years off of my life so I do not need to budget for those years either. Even when I feel like a loser I am winning!

I have begun paying more attention to the satang coins I get at 7/11 I used to think worrying about them are giving them to beggars was the charitable thing to do. How foolish was I?

Saving money is a matter of simple philosophy and like many backpackers I have realized if I put aside everybody else and fixate only on my own needs I save tons. Losing my own self respect and the respect of others has put me well under my budget. I get my vegetables cheaper because I negotiate in Thai and if I see a Thai person get bananas for 20 Baht I get them for 10. I simply explain I am willing to take the rotten ones. I make sure they trim the stems down before they are weighed.

Sometimes they don't bother to weigh them and just give them to me and shoe me away for being a pest. I win again.

Pro tip: For anybody trying to live my 5 star lifestyle is don't dumpster dive at seafood restaurants in this climate. If you see discarded caviar in the trash as tempting as it might be try to avoid it.

Although if you do not seek medical treatment the food poisoning could save you a few days on eating. This assumes you drink only tap water which will build your immune system further.

If you end up in the hospital make sure to check the ashtrays because nicotine will also help suppress your appetite once you are healed up.

My little bit of decadence today was wrong and I will no longer enjoy my fruit and crackers again. I got depressed over such a lavish display and went out on Khao San sifting through orphaned drinks at various backpacker places to wash my guilt away.

My bank account had around 5,000 Baht when I opened it today and now has 4,874. I have eaten, smoked, drank and can post my winnings here for all to see.

In my next post i will enlighten everybody about how I score girls.

PS Guys are cheaper.

Some on here seem to show a bit of anger.

Or at least a bit of discomfort, or maybe disappointment because this thread has evolved to something less depressing than usual?

I, for once, really enjoy speaking about savings wink.png

Well just today I cancelled my wifi and have managed to brute force my neighbors connection. I haven't managed to quit smoking but I discovered that the ashtrays in front of hospitals are great places to find ones that are only half smoked. So I am able to smoke and I don't pay! This will take years off of my life so I do not need to budget for those years either. Even when I feel like a loser I am winning!

I have begun paying more attention to the satang coins I get at 7/11 I used to think worrying about them are giving them to beggars was the charitable thing to do. How foolish was I?

Saving money is a matter of simple philosophy and like many backpackers I have realized if I put aside everybody else and fixate only on my own needs I save tons. Losing my own self respect and the respect of others has put me well under my budget. I get my vegetables cheaper because I negotiate in Thai and if I see a Thai person get bananas for 20 Baht I get them for 10. I simply explain I am willing to take the rotten ones. I make sure they trim the stems down before they are weighed.

Sometimes they don't bother to weigh them and just give them to me and shoe me away for being a pest. I win again.

Pro tip: For anybody trying to live my 5 star lifestyle is don't dumpster dive at seafood restaurants in this climate. If you see discarded caviar in the trash as tempting as it might be try to avoid it.

Although if you do not seek medical treatment the food poisoning could save you a few days on eating. This assumes you drink only tap water which will build your immune system further.

If you end up in the hospital make sure to check the ashtrays because nicotine will also help suppress your appetite once you are healed up.

My little bit of decadence today was wrong and I will no longer enjoy my fruit and crackers again. I got depressed over such a lavish display and went out on Khao San sifting through orphaned drinks at various backpacker places to wash my guilt away.

My bank account had around 5,000 Baht when I opened it today and now has 4,874. I have eaten, smoked, drank and can post my winnings here for all to see.

In my next post i will enlighten everybody about how I score girls.

PS Guys are cheaper.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :)

Who would have thought that you were such good money saver AND writer at the same time :) :) :)

Not only you gave us an invaluable source of inspiration to make even more savings, but you also made us laugh :)

I guess you are now the unbeatable one. I can't compete with you :)

So, now my strategy for this thread is to wait for the other guys to come up with their simplistic, basically very boring, and useless comments that I can easier compete with. Your are too advanced for me :)

Great post :)

Edited by gerry1011

Don't be jelus Gerry, I win so much others are angry. Gerry I stared at those crackers and fruit and I realized it was only leading me to the dark side and it was somehow my new calling in life to now come around to websites and tell people how I can save and become for lack of a better term the Savior.

Edited by anotheruser

Don't be jelus Gerry, I win so much others are angry.

I am jealous !

I now feel a bit like if my parents had saved on the quality of my schools and university.

Just a feeling though. Hopefully in those times nobody thought about saving money :)

Since I cannot compete with such a creative way of saving money in order to never open my wallet while living like a king in Thailand..., I think I will accept defeat... and buy another watch tomorrow :)

We all have a weakness. Crackers for some, girls for others, gambling for the silly ones, and watches for me... These are expensive, but it comes with a beautiful box that you can always use for something else later. Yeah yeah... there are better savings, but I just can't find better. I am only a human with all my deficiencies ;)

Edited by gerry1011

Don't be jelus Gerry, I win so much others are angry.

I am jealous !

I now feel a bit like if my parents had saved on the quality of my schools and university.

Just a feeling though. Hopefully in those times nobody thought about saving money smile.png

Since I cannot compete with such a creative way of saving money in order to never open my wallet while living like a king in Thailand..., I think I will accept defeat... and buy another watch tomorrow smile.png

We all have a weakness. Crackers for some, girls for others, gambling for the silly ones, and watches for me... These are expensive, but it comes with a beautiful box that you can always use for something else later. Yeah yeah... there are better savings, but I just can't find better. I am only a human with all my deficiencies wink.png

Yeah Gerry, some have been to school for free, others for nothing.

No that could challenge the ego of some of us that are financially impaired.

Yeah you right.

We should stay nice to each other :)

Let's keep on topic and find more ways to save tons and tons of money.

We should ask Naam to comment further.

He also has very smart ideas about this matter ;)

Since we already hijacked this thread, and since we already spoke about countless ways to save money in Thailand, should we turn it into a "silly spendings" thread?

For fun smile.png

Like the thread started as an opposite to this one, The mods would close it because thats trolling.

Edited by Don Mega

for increased savings we could increase the caviar tonnage from Russia and decrease the number of baths we take.

Fill our baths with caviar... That would not be considered as savings, right?

We would actually save on water and food though...

don't be jealous Gerry.

more savings I did in my life : I didn't pay one penny to study when I was young . all paid by my government. I saved 150'000$ plus compound interest. with the money saved I can buy your house (probably filled with junk) . but why should I? I have a great life in my high rise condo and lot of free time for myself. I rent.

you don't impress me with your Ferrari, Caviar and expensive watches. my account is fully loaded and I can rent a car if I want . I can change car every day if I want, get a Ferrari today and a Lamborghini tomorrow, ....you don't impress me but you know that already.

having a car parked is a waste of money. think about it , 1 million baht spent (not invested, many people use the wrong word, the right word is spent, not invested ) on a dumb car used only a few hours a week, you have to pay for maintenance, insurance, depreciation, tires, fuel ... idiots even borrow money for these dumb plastic cars.

solution is the bus baht, 10 baths and you are good to go anywhere you want . even idiots pay 20 baths because they think farang should pay 2x more.

I save probably another 15000 baht a month by not owning a car. what about that?