I spend so little money in Thailand that it's hard to open my wallet

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on kids, no matter how much we save at the end of the day we are all of equal value.

I allow myself to disagree with you.

We have saved so much in this thread that I am afraid you and me are now undervalued smile.png

I have very powerful friends at 7/11 I am saying it in as friendly way as I can I can influence the price of your slurpees. Lets keep cool heads as our friendship is the caviar of life.

How will i tell my wife (soon to be married)?

Believe me, if returnofthailand is "living a very nice life with half of a poverty line salary" and "woke up with a very sexy lady sleeping near him, watched TV, and ate fruits and crackers with his coffee" (post 339), ... you can be totally reassured. Even undervalued, you future wife will still think very highly of you :) Edited by gerry1011

Well let's not be too hasty. In order to justify such a lifestyle as he has you must be able to have complete disregard for those around you. Another condition is that you must be so self absorbed that people give up dealing with you because they are exasperated. Yes, you can win everyday doing it but consider that just because you can do it doesn't mean you should. My wife for what it is worth, is a down right hooker and I have no intention of paying or marrying her. Can you imagine all of her family standing in line waiting for hand outs? it is like trying to separate a dingleberry from a hair. All of my cash is in my 7/11 account. I win again!

I'm guessing the guy is just having fun with a concocted online personality because, if his face-to-face conversations were all ended with "What about that?" and "See -- I'm a winner again", he'd probably be dead by now.

Ok on the advice of some posters here I went and bought a Rolls Royce the salesman showed me the free umbrella so I paid in cash saving on any credit charges, took the car home parked it outside my 2 bed council house, could not resist opening the door and taking out my free umbrella I very carefully opened the free umbrella when suddenly a car came speeding up the the road nearly knocking me over the free umbrella got tangled up on his passenger side mirror the drive did not stop even tho my free umbrella was being toe to shreds as it bounced off the road and back again I gave chase on footi did eventually retrieve my free umbrella but it had unfortunately been run over by several cars and trucks. So now I have returned to Rolls Royce told them what happened they refused to give me another free umbrella so I had no choice but to buy another Rolls Royce I will make sure nothing happens to my free umbrella I will not remove it from its space inside the door, that's where my free umbrella will stay.

Ok on the advice of some posters here I went and bought a Rolls Royce the salesman showed me the free umbrella so I paid in cash saving on any credit charges, took the car home parked it outside my 2 bed council house, could not resist opening the door and taking out my free umbrella I very carefully opened the free umbrella when suddenly a car came speeding up the the road nearly knocking me over the free umbrella got tangled up on his passenger side mirror the drive did not stop even tho my free umbrella was being toe to shreds as it bounced off the road and back again I gave chase on footi did eventually retrieve my free umbrella but it had unfortunately been run over by several cars and trucks. So now I have returned to Rolls Royce told them what happened they refused to give me another free umbrella so I had no choice but to buy another Rolls Royce I will make sure nothing happens to my free umbrella I will not remove it from its space inside the door, that's where my free umbrella will stay.

Your story reminds me that diamond I bought last week.

I wanted a nice 3.01 carats F vvs1 to make a ring.

All my savings (and saved money) being at the bank, I asked to pay by credit card.

The lady said that she would have to add 76,000b to cover her credit card costs...

I was not very happy about that.

It would have offset all my savings of the previous day...

So I asked her: "If I take the 4.50 carat E vvs2, do you also add the credit card costs?".

She said: "No, if you take the bigger one I will not add any credit card costs".

It was a not brainer.

I bought the bigger diamond and saved 76.000b on the spot !

I was, again, so proud of myself.

Saving money is piece of cake, really (piece of cracker for some). Super cool :)

Naam advised me to take a blue diamond, much bigger, but I keep it for my next ring :)

By the way, even with only one Rolls Royce, and it's free umbrella, you seem to be a man of good tastes. But I understand you couldn't resist that second free umbrella ;)

Edited by gerry1011

don't be jealous Gerry.

more savings I did in my life : I didn't pay one penny to study when I was young . all paid by my government. I saved 150'000$ plus compound interest. with the money saved I can buy your house (probably filled with junk) . but why should I? I have a great life in my high rise condo and lot of free time for myself. I rent.

you don't impress me with your Ferrari, Caviar and expensive watches. my account is fully loaded and I can rent a car if I want . I can change car every day if I want, get a Ferrari today and a Lamborghini tomorrow, ....you don't impress me but you know that already.

having a car parked is a waste of money. think about it , 1 million baht spent (not invested, many people use the wrong word, the right word is spent, not invested ) on a dumb car used only a few hours a week, you have to pay for maintenance, insurance, depreciation, tires, fuel ... idiots even borrow money for these dumb plastic cars.

solution is the bus baht, 10 baths and you are good to go anywhere you want . even idiots pay 20 baths because they think farang should pay 2x more.

I save probably another 15000 baht a month by not owning a car. what about that?

You would save more if you would not drive your car every day iso a few hours per week. Does this qualify for membership of the top savers?

How much for the half nut, Gerry?

For nothing in the world I will sell you that half nut found under the pillow of my sofa !!!

It is true that I have (very) recently become extremely rich, only by saving my money and saving on all those materialistic - but totally useless - needs that were until now part of my life.

I have been enlightened by this inspirational thread, in which I learned that I do NOT need that extra box of beluga with my breakfast, NOR change the tyres of my Lambo before it is needed just because it looks nicer, NOR invite my old friends on my yacht when I know very well that their body weight will add to my fuel costs, NOR fly First Class on Thai when any low cost carrier can bring me there in a nearly as good seat, NOR eat at these ridiculous fancy restaurants while fruits and crackers can equally fill my stomach, NOR do I need that ugly tourbillon watch while the time is exactly the same on an old Nokia phone,...

I learned a lot in this thread.

That knowledge transformed me. I am a new person.

My bank account is now flooded with all that money I saved.

But, ... I also became wiser by reading this thread.

I know that, even if I am super wealthy today, thanks to my savings, and the advices of all my new money savers' good friends, anything can happen.

Life can suddenly change for the worst (tsunami, earthquake, IS, zika, meteor, the return of the Jedi, Irchblumikalabu alikaboba krimsacluk,...).

So, I keep the nut !!!

(Half a nut, but ok).

Edited by gerry1011

don't be jealous Gerry.

more savings I did in my life : I didn't pay one penny to study when I was young . all paid by my government. I saved 150'000$ plus compound interest. with the money saved I can buy your house (probably filled with junk) . but why should I? I have a great life in my high rise condo and lot of free time for myself. I rent.

you don't impress me with your Ferrari, Caviar and expensive watches. my account is fully loaded and I can rent a car if I want . I can change car every day if I want, get a Ferrari today and a Lamborghini tomorrow, ....you don't impress me but you know that already.

having a car parked is a waste of money. think about it , 1 million baht spent (not invested, many people use the wrong word, the right word is spent, not invested ) on a dumb car used only a few hours a week, you have to pay for maintenance, insurance, depreciation, tires, fuel ... idiots even borrow money for these dumb plastic cars.

solution is the bus baht, 10 baths and you are good to go anywhere you want . even idiots pay 20 baths because they think farang should pay 2x more.

I save probably another 15000 baht a month by not owning a car. what about that?

You would save more if you would not drive your car every day iso a few hours per week. Does this qualify for membership of the top savers?
Hello, and welcome to join this great money saving exercise :)

Actually, I did not reply to the above returnofthailand post because I was confused.

In his post he speaks about a Lamborghini, ... and then 1 (one) (uno) (een) (un) (หนึ่ง) (just to make it clear in different languages) million baht.

Reading that, I did not know what to think.

A strange feeling took control of my mind... and I suddenly became hesitant...

Was returnofthailand really as good as he was trying to portray himself, at least when it comes to save money and live comfortably on crackers?

I was suddenly feeling very diminished and losing confidence. I even hesitated to trust my own self, common sense, and own judgement...

Because it was a matter of real importance this time:

Did returnofthailand really buy a Lamborghini for only 1 (one) (uno) (...) million, while I bought mine for 39,5?

I still don't have the answer, and this feeling has not left me. I still have nightmares...

NOW, ... On the bright side, YOU and I are indeed TOP SAVERS ! Your own way to save money by driving less is super smart, and that is exactly what I do. I take the Lambo out of the garage maximum twice a month!!!

Great savings on fuel !!!

(The other days I use the Hummer)

(H2)

Edited by gerry1011

I topped up my 7/11 card around 648 Baht last night to hedge against Brexit. I may do some silly things but getting caught in the cold because of Brexit isn't one of them.

I am cautiously watching the markets and will adjust my top ups accordingly.

Edited by anotheruser

I also made a few transactions today, taking advantage of all the new opportunities the Brexit brought us to humbly make a few extra bath.

BUT, even if these transactions will certainly top up my accounts even more (on top of all the savings we already made together), this is not the purpose of this particular comment of mine.

INDEED, I have another good news, anotheruser!

We are now EVEN, at least when it comes to your 7/11 "Smart Purse" card.

Here is the story:

- Today I sent my driver to buy apples (it's quite filling and you save on the lunch that you don't need anymore).

- When he brought me my apples, I noticed some type of leaflet inside the plastic bag (Picture 1).

- After putting my apples in the fridge (set to "6" to save on electricity), I opened that suspicious leaflet, expecting for the worse (Adds that invite you to spend more money that you should, for example).

- BUT... As incredible as it may sound, the was a CARD inside !!! (Picture 2).

A beauuuuuuuuutiful "V Plus Card".

- I read the leaflet and nearly FAINTED of joy when I learned that after spending only 10,000b I will be entitled to a FULL CASH REBATE of 100b !

God himself seems to watch over our saving and send us more innovative ways to become super rich each day...

Unbelievable!

And since I am afraid you would not believe me, and maybe to make some other seriously jealous, I allowed myself to take a similar picture as yours, with your own personal VIP 7/11 Smart Purse Card (Picture 3).

:)

Pure happiness, coupled with extra savings.

post-12654-14667660059806_thumb.jpgpost-12654-14667660190565_thumb.jpgpost-12654-1466766033603_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerry1011

I topped up my 7/11 card around 648 Baht last night to hedge against Brexit. I may do some silly things but getting caught in the cold because of Brexit isn't one of them.

I am cautiously watching the markets and will adjust my top ups accordingly.

but this is a huge amount of capital bearing no interest. you must be a real moneyed man that you can afford these kind of losses ohmy.png

Naam you're a shrewd man to say the least. Did you happen to take the Walen investor course or something? I got scared and decided to play it safe on the top up rather than risk it.

before reading the most informative comments contributed by the Right Honourable Sir Ret. Of Thailand, Esq. i had no idea concerning investments.

but i'm a fast learner and if i don't understand immediately (e.g. compound interest and 5-star lifestyle for 14k Baht/month) i ask our gardener for an explanation.

i tried with the cook first but to no avail because she showed me a kitchen utensil to compound boiled potatoes.

100 Baht represents a saving of an entire 1% I assume you have phoned your accountant (collect of course) to schedule a meeting to discuss how best to leverage this saving?

Haha nice picture I hope you get that framed.

I think we should work on this together, so that I can get rid of my accountant, and make some extra savings...

We could brainstorm in the lobby of my condo. They provide wifi, air con and sofas. I will provide a bucket of tap water to drink. Don't worry I won;t be put out by this there is a hose out back where they wash the cars I can access for free. All they ask me in return is I simply bring back the bucket.

I will provide the crackers if somebody brings fruit. I would invite you inside my home but would need compensation if I turn on the lights or a fan. We don't want to waste money on admin fees we are smarter than that.

We might even find some change in the sofas of the lobby.

Edited by anotheruser

I am going to wash my hands of this thread now. I can't believe it took 20 pages to get it demoted to the pub. I am going to save my time posting because time is money, so I win again. The real reason is my neighbor put a password on his wifi, I simply won't be able to afford posting here anymore.

It was fun and the mission was accomplished by overwhelming the troll. It only took 20 pages to do so.

This thread has been a pretty nice piece of fiction at times.

Over and out unless we have the return of the return.

Same for me.

Thanks everyone (the troll in first place) for all the fun.

Lovely speaking with you all.

I am on my way to count all that money I saved thanks to this thread (tons and tons of money).

Keep happy in Thailand :)

(If return returns, I may drop by. But I have the feeling it is no fun for him anymore).

Cheers :)

Edited by gerry1011