I spend so little money in Thailand that it's hard to open my wallet

No, I can always live my life vicariously through your epic tales of savings and how happy you are snookums. I am not jealous I am envious.

yeah because your dosh fall from the sky . but one day the music will stop and you will be back in your home country crying like a baby.

just wait for the next big crisis. your pension will melt like an ice cream under sun.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys... I found a new way to save UP TO 600,000b in an instant !!!

One of my super smart friend gave me the trick. Unbeatable. Result guaranteed !

Here it is:

If you buy a Ferrari 488 Spyder (Around 26 million), you should NOT order it with the options. 

You should order the car first, and fit the options later on, once the car is in Thailand. 

This is because the spare parts are taxed differently. 

Amazing!

The only thing you have to do to instantly save 600,000b is to buy a car... 

Imagine how many noodle soups this represents... Years of free food. Amazing, really. Life in Thailand is sooooo cheap :)

image.jpeg

On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 0:52 PM, Lannig said:

Exactly.

That's precisely one of the main reasons why I left Thailand. I had a good job (100K++) and I really felt much richer than I feel today back in Europe. But then I realised that I was getting older and that if I were to get sick or have an accident I could end up on the streets within months. No safety net at all. Well, unless you are wise enough to save most of what you earn. I'm not.

But did you get sick or have an accident? If not your fear was unwarranted and your move pointless. You allowed fear to get the better of you.

I do more than what you think. I travel regularly around the world to visit relatives. I save probably a few thousand bahts a year by traveling than buying an elite visa. 10000 bahts a month saved plus interest. I can do a lot with this money.

Today I have just saved 30000 bahts by not buying this new amazing iPhone 7. I am keeping my old phone until it breaks . money saved will go to the rent of my high rise building condo with fresh air. no iphone 7 but instead I got 10 months free rent. The iphone7 I will get it for 2000 bahts anyway.!

I m just a winner. enjoy your useless gadgets. :)

2 minutes ago, returnofthailand said:

I do more than what you think. I travel regularly around the world to visit relatives. I save probably a few thousand bahts a year by traveling than buying an elite visa. 10000 bahts a month saved plus interest. I can do a lot with this money.

Today I have just saved 30000 bahts by not buying this new amazing iPhone 7. I am keeping my old phone until it breaks . money saved will go to the rent of my high rise building condo with fresh air. no iphone 7 but instead I got 10 months free rent.

You, Sir, are most definitely THE winner.

The question is of what?

6 minutes ago, alofthailand said:

But did you get sick or have an accident? If not your fear was unwarranted and your move pointless. You allowed fear to get the better of you.

It was only the fear of sickness or accident that saved him from sickness or accident so the fear actually saved his life.

On 9/12/2016 at 7:09 PM, returnofthailand said:

Today I have just saved 30000 bahts by not buying this new amazing iPhone 7. I am keeping my old phone until it breaks . money saved will go to the rent of my high rise building condo with fresh air. no iphone 7 but instead I got 10 months free rent. The iphone7 I will get it for 2000 bahts anyway.!

I saved 500,000 Baht today by limiting myself to only 12 hookers and not buying cocaine. I win again.

3 hours ago, returnofthailand said:

please go back on topic

I think now will be difficult to go back to the original topic. And for my understanding you sounded a few times rude when another person was not that "carefull" with the money or he used in your opinion too much.

At the end everybody should use so he can be happy. that would be the perfect world. But I have to agree, that I use much less while in thailand, that I have to use back where I born. I have about the same quantity of life in Thailand (but only need about 50% of the money). Of course Swiss is an expensive country.

On 29. August 2016 at 9:16 AM, varun said:

This farang blogger takes(took) the crown for the most aggressive monthly budget I have ever seen:

https://migrationology.com/cost-of-living-in-bangkok-thailand/

Granted, it is from 5 years ago though.

Apparently, he's a fairly famous blogger/digital nomad now.

Jeeeez, he´s living in a prison cell???

I prefer live in a room like a prison and live in a cool town than living in an American house and be in detroit.
sitting 7h a day in front of a TV watching Netflix or else and eat frozen pizza is very boring.

sometimes I live in a shit room, sometimes in a 5 stars hotel. sometimes in a high rise condo in Pattaya. at the end, I sleep well, I eat well.. and I m happy.

life is not about your house and your junks in your garage . life is about experience and love.

I prefer live in a room like a prison and live in a cool town than living in an American house and be in detroit.
sitting 7h a day in front of a TV watching Netflix or else and eat frozen pizza is very boring.

sometimes I live in a shit room, sometimes in a 5 stars hotel. sometimes in a high rise condo in Pattaya. at the end, I sleep well, I eat well.. and I m happy.

life is not about your house and your junks in your garage . life is about experience and love.

How sweet :)

You are absolutely right. Love is the most important.

However, personally, I prefer to experience love in Thailand, in a comfortable environment, with a budget suitable to make my life enjoyable and make my friends happy, ... rather than to experience it from a cheap room that looks like a prison.

By to everybody his own way of reaching happiness.

I admire those farangs who can be happy on less than 300$ a month. It must be rather horrible, but the achievement is admirable.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

How sweet [emoji4]

You are absolutely right. Love is the most important.

However, personally, I prefer to experience love in Thailand, in a comfortable environment, with a budget suitable to make my life enjoyable and make my friends happy, ... rather than to experience it from a cheap room that looks like a prison.

By to everybody his own way of reaching happiness.

I admire those farangs who can be happy on less than 300$ a month. It must be rather horrible, but the achievement is admirable.

It probably helps if someone has been backpacking and realise you don't have to spend a lot to have a good time and be happy. The old fellas are always banging on about x money is much better than y money, but a mid range will probably be fine for both. Although as you get older more money is required to pay for girlfriends it seems.

avoid toilet at 3 bahts. these places are a complete rip-off. they even ask 5 bahts for toilet paper. instead go pee and poo behind your bus, near the engine, and use your t-shirt as toilet paper. when finished, just wear your t-shirt up side. just smart saving.

Your level has seriously dropped :)

But you're still funny :)

Thanks for your high quality posts (from your perspective, at least). We love you :) :) :)

I spend 7 months a year with my Thai partner where we save and live on sweet fa in New Zealand then we party up for 5 months a year in Thailand and spend heaps more than NZ. Wouldn't have it any other way except if I could party 12 months a year in Thailand

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 2:59 AM, returnofthailand said:

avoid toilet at 3 bahts. these places are a complete rip-off. they even ask 5 bahts for toilet paper. instead go pee and poo behind your bus, near the engine, and use your t-shirt as toilet paper. when finished, just wear your t-shirt up side. just smart saving.

Christ, ain't you fell off that scooter yet or tripped down the staircase where your too tight to use the lift?

• 3 weeks later...

Yup. That is called an "anchor." Once certain prices/costs become established in our minds, they not only shape what we are willing to pay for an item but also how much we are willing to pay for related products. So, if you stay in thailand long enough and you live on $300 a month and then you decide to go back to the west, you'll find having to increase your spending is extremely difficult. Because you stayed in Thailand, you became accustomed to certain prices. But, after a while you will adjust to the new environment.