Camera stall at Pantip Amazing

BB1955

About three months ago I bought a sj4000 sports cam down stairs at Pantip . Used it well . Yesterday couldnt get it to charge and noticed the plug on the side of the camera was loose . Thought crudd gonna have to take it back and at the very least wait for it to be repaired probably have to pay for the repair as well . Got to Pantip found the stall I bought it , same girl there I bought it from , told her the problem , she checked said yes bad plugg , wait I call boss . I walked around waited about 5 minutes , I come back shes opening a new box , takes the camera out , puts in my memeory card and battery , and hands it to me , says good for one year . I almost fainted .... I thanked her , thats the first time in 6 years thats ever happened . I wish now I had taken a photo of her stall . I will go there from now on first .....

Because the SJ4000 cameras are dirt cheap made in China. They're always breaking and she'll be used to angry customers. It probably cost about 500thb for her to buy wholesale so giving one away as a replcement isn't a big hit.

Because the SJ4000 cameras are dirt cheap made in China. They're always breaking and she'll be used to angry customers. It probably cost about 500thb for her to buy wholesale so giving one away as a replcement isn't a big hit.

I own this Camera and when I read the test results and user reviews, this camera is far away from dirt cheap ..... do you own this Camera? or you're simply a China basher?

^ Whatever spin you want to put on it Randolph its still rarely heard of great service for this country.

She could easily have blabbed on about sending it back to the manufacturer and it taking a month or more , and saved her boss her days pay ...

I own this Camera and when I read the test results and user reviews, this camera is far away from dirt cheap ..... do you own this Camera? or you're simply a China basher?

BHP - the largest photography vendor in the world has the camera at less than $75 to buy brand new. That's dirt cheap. To the point of being nearly free. It's less than the cost of the average mobile phone (which is where most people get their cameras today) by quite a way too.

You don't have to hate China to realize that at that price point a mass produced bargain basement camera is going to have some issues.

On the bright side - for the money (and that's an important codicil here) it's a very good camera.

years ago i bought an SD card for my camera but it was a high memory card and was too high for the camera. i took it back, explained, and they replaced it with a lower memory one and refunded me the difference. i have bought all my memory cards and usb's from them ever since.

its not a Chinese knock off , granted not a gp pro , but its a quality camera . I use it on a my drone , in 3 months its taken some hard hit , even fell in the Ping River , laid in its case 4 days until the water went down and I could find it . Had the crash and three hours of fish swimming by before the battery went dead .

I was happy to get the service I got ,

Archived