What is your preferred travel route from Blighty......

Nasrullah

When BA cancelled our flight to the UK last year they game up with a flight on Malaysian Airways but we had already booked ourselves on Gulf Air.

You could not pay my wife to go on MA.

It's MH. smile.png

Maybe where you come from but in the real world the initials for Malaysian Airlines would be MA.

Your parents must be really disappointed after the US$10 they spent on your education went to waste.

US$?, explains a lot.

What does it explain Einstein?

I'm actually from the UK. Not difficult to throw you off the scent, is it? wink.png

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but I just see a load of blah, blah.

I certainly know a lot more about flight pricing than you do....and you have yet to show any evidence of MH being the cheapest to London. Only an anecdote of when you searched in the past.

Actually Malaysian is currently by far the cheapest business class carrier on BKK/LHR/BKK at just over £1100 and has been for several weeks. I think I was the first to post about it here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/527870-airline-information-and-flight-deals-for-expats/page-4#entry10720878 on May 7.

They still have good availability in June but the prices go to right up in July.

attachicon.gifmalaysian01.JPG

Not only are they cheapest for BKK/LHR/BKK but they are currently offering HKT(Phuket)/LHR/HKT in June for just £751 via agencies (I haven't checked their own site for prices but they may be the same). This is business class on all 4 sectors and minimal stopover delays (if you choose the right flights).

attachicon.gifmalaysian02.JPG

Can't argue with those figures. Currently low prices.

When BA cancelled our flight to the UK last year they game up with a flight on Malaysian Airways but we had already booked ourselves on Gulf Air.

It's MH. smile.png

Maybe where you come from but in the real world the initials for Malaysian Airlines would be MA.

Your parents must be really disappointed after the US$10 they spent on your education went to waste.

US$?, explains a lot.

I'm actually from the UK. Not difficult to throw you off the scent, is it? wink.png

Get a room, ladies.

It's MH. smile.png

US$?, explains a lot.

Get a room, ladies.

Quoting outfoxed you?

Personally I like to stop halfway as I'm tall so virtually always Middle East Carriers with current favourite being Oman so Heathrow Muscat Bangkok

Some excellent deals too, due to competition. I picked up a £200 return fare with them. Would have been rude to not accept.

I fly whichever business class seat is cheapest...usually from Amsterdam where I have been picking up fares around £1000 for the last few years.

I don't mind a stop...but BA are now so cheap and with flat bed seats it's difficult to ignore.

Anywhere ex-EU to avoid the UK tax however.

I've used most airlines over the years from LHR to BKK. We've flown economy, premium economy and business and done the stopovers.

I find that Eva air elite is a good combination of price, luggage allowance and comfort. They fly direct and there flight times are quite good as you leave London at 9pm and arrive in Bangkok at 3pm for swim in the pool, dinner, drinks and bedtime.

Reporting that i just survived a trip back to Blighty with MH. The BKK to KL leg was in a bit dubious but the KL to Lond (Heathrow) leg was one of the best i have had. A 380, only one third full, really nice food and friendly and helpful crew. All for £185 single but admittedly flying the first leg in wrong direction.

Reporting that i just survived a trip back to Blighty with MH. The BKK to KL leg was in a bit dubious but the KL to Lond (Heathrow) leg was one of the best i have had. A 380, only one third full, really nice food and friendly and helpful crew. All for £185 single but admittedly flying the first leg in wrong direction.

Some great deals to be had on Malaysian.

I fly whichever business class seat is cheapest...usually from Amsterdam where I have been picking up fares around £1000 for the last few years.

I don't mind a stop...but BA are now so cheap and with flat bed seats it's difficult to ignore.

Anywhere ex-EU to avoid the UK tax however.

I hadn't thought about the tax element. I'll have to look at this next time

I always like to go quickest and most direct so it's always Thai air for me not cheap and I know loads of people don't like them but I can do journey time of 18 hours door to door this includes a domestic flight down south with a 1:30 min connection time in bkk,you go through different immigration at bkk so never have to deal with long queues at immigration.

I always fly out of season so 90% of the the time get three seats to myself,just came back UK 3 weeks ago and had three seats laying down the whole flight,collect air miles so around every 2 1/2 years get a free flight,my flight back in October is a freebie with air miles and the price I pay for my flights is always around £450 including the domestic flight one way,yes it's not that cheap but it's a direct hassle free way to do the journey.

If you can push the history to one side , probably the best deals around. There is no dispute, the less passengers the better the flight. A few years back I went back to UK with Thai and from my seat I could only see 12 heads. I stretched out on the middle 4 seats and the flight was over in no time.

A couple of years ago I came back from China and my wife and I were the only passengers. Unfortunately it was a budget and no alcohol. When we arrived at DM they brought our luggage to the steps and we were out of the airport in 20 minutes.

anyone still keen to fly Malaysian Airlines after the recent episodes-followed by the awful press release aftermath?.....

It's MH.

Actually, in the real world, the airline real world that is, MA refers to Malev Hungarian Airlines.

It's MH.

Actually, in the real world, the airline real world that is, MA refers to Malev Hungarian Airlines.

Maybe you should actually read the post before making comment.

NOUN

(usually initials)

The first letter of a name or word, typically a person’s given name or a word forming part of a phrase:

In the real world i wonder if Turkish Airlines should be TU or even TA instead of TK ??

I was being lazy and should have keyed in the full name rather than just the initials, of course everyone then wants to be a smartxxse.

I like Emirates, Qatar are also good, paid 47,000 in business to Amsterdam with them last year. Just booked Malaysian on one of their A380's to LHR in August, again in business, for a tad under 58,000 each, probably not up to Emirates standard but a decent price.

In the real world i wonder if Turkish Airlines should be TU or even TA instead of TK ??

I was being lazy and should have keyed in the full name rather than just the initials, of course everyone then wants to be a smartxxse.

Better a smartarse than lazy and stupid.

It is Malaysia Airlines, not Malaysian Airways.....and still MH. wink.png

Take it in good humour eh?

Archived