May 23, 201610 yr Hello, I lost my passport (with a single entree tourist visa made in Vientiane) a month ago and finally received a new one. I will have to do my 30 days extension before the 30th May. If I go to the immigration in BKK, will they be able to transfer my tourist visa to my new passport? I do have the passport number of my lost passport. Regards,
May 23, 201610 yr A visa cannot be transferred. Immigration will reinstate the 60 day entry you got from the visa in your new passport. The will also do a stamp with info on the type of visa you had on entry and your old passport number. They may also do the 30 day extension at the same time.
May 23, 201610 yr Alright, how long does it take to do this procedure? Is it free? It will be done while you wait. How long the will be depends upon the immigration office you go to and how busy they are, The reinstatement of the stamps is free. The extension will be 1900 baht.
Create an account or sign in to comment