Cancelled ED Visa. What are the consequences?

In case someones ED Visa gets cancelled because he didn't attend the class.

1. How much time he have to leave the country?

2. Might he apply a tourist visa in a neighbor country or is he blacklisted to enter Thailand?

1. It would be extreme situation for a visa to be cancelled normally they are not canceled..

I suspect you have an extension of stay obtained at immigration not a visa. If it was cancelled you would have to leave the country by midnight on the date it was cancelled or apply for a 7 day extension.

2. No problem to get a tourist visa. No blacklist would be done.

Thanks ubonjoe. It's not about me. I have a METV. But i read that ED Visa, or better say the extension get cancelled when the Immigration recognize that the student don't attend the classes. Is that not true?

There was some reports that immigration officers visited schools to check who is there and who not. I wonder what happens to guys who didn't attend the class.

Edited by alocacoc

People incorrectly call extensions visas all the time. Visas are not normally cancelled.

Most people attending schools are only getting 90 day extensions. If they don't meet the requirements their extension application would be denied and they would have to leave the country before the current one ended.

One year extensions are normally only for those attending a university, If a person stopped attending classes the university could notify immigration and the extension cancelled without the person knowing about it which would be the worst case scenario. The person could find out that they are on a long overstay if they tried to leave the country.

• Like 1