Something Special About Today?

tutsiwarrior

I'm usually up all night and sleep during the day. The wife stirred about 0530 and said to wake her when the sun came up. Have a good view to the east from the bathroom window and got her up when I saw the sun peeking over the horizon. We went outside where there is a good view from the lot next door. I said 'what's this about?'...she said 'only one time every 30 years...'. A few minutes later a lady rode up on a motorbike, lit some joss sticks and prayed. She scrabbled on the hard earth to set the joss sticks upright...I found a broken breeze block from the rubble from our recent construction that she could use as a joss stick holder.

what's this all about?...comes a few days after loy krathong during the full moon of the 12th lunar month...sum kinda buddhist/animist trip or what?

Edited by tutsiwarrior

May be the passage of the planet Mercury between the Earth and the sun. Supposedly this will occur only 14 times in this century. This is according to article in the Wednesday issue of The Detroit Free Press.

hmmmm...interesting, if that's true the alignment apparently has significance to local folks...

May be the passage of the planet Mercury between the Earth and the sun. Supposedly this will occur only 14 times in this century. This is according to article in the Wednesday issue of The Detroit Free Press.

hmmmm...interesting, if that's true the alignment apparently has significance to local folks...

Last night on the Thai news they reported from a junior high school where the kids were "possessed by spirits". Lots of footage of kids looking like they had epileptic fits. Apparently one of the kids spoke with an old person's voice saying she was granny such and such, and that she wanted them to build a shrine for her.

The news presenters then discussed this. The doctor's who took care of the children attributed the majority of the incident to mass psychosis triggered by the first student.

The other thing discussed was this planetary alignment, which a soothsayer claimed was the cause.