As from july 2016 New immigration-office in Chaiyaphum..

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Of course he can. I read it to mean if he got a visa in Laos can it be extended for 30 days.

There is not restriction based upon nationality other than for those from countries that are on the list of countries that can only get visas in their home country.

Thank you UJoe..

Glegolo

3 minutes ago, mcsiva8 said:

I was wondering if British passports could get 60days, like Australian passports, and a further 30 days. Or is it 30days from Laos plus 30days.? Thanks in advance. Chris

If you apply for a single entry tourist visa at the Thai embassy in Vientiane you will get a 60 day entry that can be extended to 30 days.

Without a visa you would get a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days at immigration which it the same for Australians.

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Ian1980 said:

Is the Chayaphum office full operating? Next week will be in Chayaphum and need to do a one month extension.

Yes it is, and also with VERY nice people working there. So no problem at all expected...

Glegolo

Just now, glegolo said:

Yes it is, and also with VERY nice people working there. So no problem at all expected...

Glegolo

So i can do my 30 days extension there: which kind of papers i need to provide and how much is the cost?

Thanks for your time answering me

16 minutes ago, Ian1980 said:

So I can do my 30 days extension there: which kind of papers do I need to provide, and how much is the cost?

Thanks for your time answering me....

ALL extensions in Thailand cost 1.900 baht no matter what kind.

The paperwork is the following;

a - application-form -TM7

b - money 1.900 baht

passport-photos

c - photo-copies of the following;

d - tm6 (departure-card)

e - passport photopage,

f - passport VISA-page

g - passport showing last entry to Thailand

h - proof of address - yellow book or similar

i -  On each copy you shall down below text

your name and date when you do it..

Good luck..

Glegolo 

Edited by glegolo

4 hours ago, glegolo said:

ALL extensions in Thailand cost 1.900 baht no matter what kind.

The paperwork is the following;

a - application-form -TM7

b - money 1.900 baht

passport-photos

c - photo-copies of the following;

d - tm6 (departure-card)

e - passport photopage,

f - passport VISA-page

g - passport showing last entry to Thailand

h - proof of address - yellow book or similar

i -  On each copy you shall down below text

your name and date when you do it..

Good luck..

Glegolo 

Glegolo there is any service that can go at the immigration for me?

21 minutes ago, Ian1980 said:

Glegolo there is any service that can go at the immigration for me?

To my own knowledge I have not hedard anything about any service like that here in Chaiyaphum... I am sorry, but i think you have to do it yourself.... It is so easy just a 30 day extension..

Glegolo

• 4 months later...

I was up to the Chaiyaphum Immigration office last wednesday, and did my extension of stay based on retirement. All went OK, and got as usual a very nice, and fast service by the people working there. Thjey actually seems to like the falangs showing up there.

Reason for me posting here now, is that I did ask them about the "move" down to city center of Chaiyaphum, from the present location at Ratchabath University.. It has been well known since a couple of months back, that they are going to move down, they even showed me personally a photo of the house in Chaiyaphum where they were suppose to move in into last time I was there......

I asked them now again, thinking it must be quite soon now!!! I got a look, a look more saying that "falang must be crasy" kind of look!!! NO,, they said in chorus both guys... - "NO move stay university".....

So me personally, I havent got a clou anymore. I do not know.. Nothing never ever seems to be like it seems, for us westerners.. So for me, I will just do not care a bit about it, if they move good, if they do not move, good as well.. I dont care a bit any more...

This was todays report from a rainy and sunny Chaiyaphum..

Glegolo

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
18 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Hello, can you tell me your feeling about Chayaphum office ? Are they friendly ? Not the same kind of nosy idiots as in Huahin ? Thank you.

These guys are in my 10 year experience, the most welcoming and nice office I have ever met here. They want to help, not making it hard.

Just go there, you will be positively surpriced..

glegolo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1