As from july 2016 New immigration-office in Chaiyaphum..

My american friend visited just recently our Immigration in Khon Kaen, yes Chaiyaphum belong to Khon Kaen.. They told him in clear words, that they have been wprking some time now to establish a new immigration office in Chaiyaphum.

It has gone that far in planning and organising, that they thought that maybe it could be opened already now in coming july 2016.

This would be REALLY great news, if it all works out of course.... Anybody else heard this??

Glegolo

• Like 2

I lived in Chayaphum for a long time,, not much there

so it would be good to have an immigration office

there, it will cut down on driving time.

Maybe it was way back you lived here.... It is a lot going on here now since some years back..

If I may ask, when did you live here??

Glegolo

My friend who told me about this new immigration-offic in Chaiyaphum, just told me that when he was in Khon Kaen and they informed him about this, they did also give him this phonenumber; 043 465 242

And saying that we could call this number before we head off to Khon Kaen, in case the office maybe was opened already...

But no reason to be calling in june, start in july if you have due-dates then...

Good luck..

Glegolo

I can confirm the news - I was at KK Immigration yesterday and the lady officer on desk 4 told me that my next 90 day report would need to be made at the new office in Chaiyaphum. There is no definite opening date yet but she said check the Immigration website and ring KK Immigration office before your next visit to see if the new Chaiyaphum office is operational. I need to renew my marriage extension before 10th August so it looks like this will now be done at Chaiyaphum. Unfortunately there are less shopping opportunities for Mrs Siamesecarper in Chaiyaphum - every cloud......

I was in Khon Kaen today and told the next 2 or 3 months so that probaly means sometime this year but still good news.

I do have a problem though as I applied for an extension fo marriage reasons and everything was OK but they told me to return on the 17th July to get the stamp.. I have just entered itin my calendar and that day is a Sunday!! I thought they were closed on Sundays?

Any advice please. It is a 5 hour round trip for me so I don't want to waste my time and deisel!

everything was OK but they told me to return on the 17th July to get the stamp

Even worse!

Monday, July 18th to Wednesday 20th will be closed for another very long holiday weekend (Sat 16 to Wed 20).

You or your wife could try to check via telephone what to do?

Does your "under consideration" stamp indeed show July 17?

Are you sure it is this date as the time period seems exceptionally long.

Usual is 30 days.

Edited by KhunBENQ

everything was OK but they told me to return on the 17th July to get the stamp

Even worse!

Monday, July 18th to Wednesday 20th will be closed for another very long holiday weekend (Sat 16 to Wed 20).

You or your wife could try to check via telephone what to do?

Does your "under consideration" stamp indeed show July 17?

Are you sure it is this date as the time period seems exceptionally long.

Usual is 30 days.

Yes July 17th is under consideration date. It's because my old one expires June 17th and they add the 30 days to that.

I did it early as had to do a 90 day report and was a few days late for that but that's ok.

It seems no one stopped to check a calendar.

do you know where I can get their phone number?

Edited by somo

Immigration Office
Prov. Police School
Sub District 4
Mitraparp Rd.
Khon Kaen 40000
ด่านตรวจคนเข้าเมือง
ศูนย์ฝึกอบรมตำรวจภูธรภาค 4
ถ.มิตรภาพ
ต.ในเมือง
อ.เมือง
จ.ขอนแก่น 40000

Phone: 0 4323 7882
Phone: 08 4516 6653 Chief
Phone :08 4100 6339 Officer
Service Area: Provinces of Khon Kaen, Chayaphum, Maha Sarakham

Go in on the 15th of July to see if it is ready yet. Or you could go after the holidays without a problem. The 17th is just the date to contact immigration it does not mean the under consideration period ends.

Thanks for all the info guys.

take it that if I went in after the hols I would not be technically overstaying?

With a bit of luck next time I will be able to do an Retirement extension in Chaiyapum :)

take it that if I went in after the hols I would not be technically overstaying?

With a bit of luck next time I will be able to do an Retirement extension in Chaiyapum smile.png

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay until you get your extension stamp. No overstay after the date on it.

With a bit of luck next time I will be able to do an Retirement extension in Chaiyapum smile.png

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay until you get your extension stamp. No overstay after the date on it.

This number worked Phone :08 4100 6339 Officer

As you say ubon this date seems just a guide. Lady said either come in before or after whenever it suits so all pretty flexible

The phone number for the chief is out of date as she no longer works there.

Thanks again for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Just asked wifey to call the number today 13th june, regarding the new imm.office in Chaiyaphum. The lady who answered said - "good you called first, no place decided yet, and this will take at least another 3-4 months before up and running"!!!

So if it looks too good to be true, and our hopes is up too high in sky about this, it will probably crash on our toes... personally dont have your hopes up too high,,,,, this can takes a great deal of time... So I am happy if it even will be operational before end of this this year...

Glegolo

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, no proper uipdate to give you regarding new immigration-office in Chaiyaphum!! Nothing have happened and will probably not happen before long!!!

As soon as i hear something, I promise to report,,,, and same goes for the rest of you - if you hear something,,, plse let us know!!

Glegolo

• 2 weeks later...

Latest report about new immigration-office in Chaiyaphum was submitted to me by a friend, who was up in Khon Kaen yesterday.

The Immigration employees did inform him, that as far as they knew, it will happen definately within 3 months at latest, and location has also been decided now finaly..

The Immigration office will be located at the premises of Rajabaht University along the road up to Tad Ton waterfall, which you probably know where that´s at!!!

Let us keep our fingers crossed.

Glegolo

• 2 weeks later...

IMMIGRATION OFFICE IN CHAIYAPHUM UPDATE

So gathering the info, it should today seems to be like this;

In about 2/3 months the Chaiyaphum Immigration Office will be opening there. Nice new building, only 2 Ladies were there who I think will be office staff.

The room was empty apart from 2 desks and chairs. They are waiting for all the computers etc. to arrive. I can confirm that the location of the new Chaiyaphum Immigration Office is at the entrance to Chaiyaphum University the building on which I put the red marker

Immediately you drive into the University grounds, it's the first new building on the right hand side. Smallish car park, but plenty parking areas nearby. Chaiyaphum Rajabhat University that makes it 12km North of Chaiyaphum on the 2051 Tad Ton waterfall road.

There is a lot of rumours well worthy compharizon with the Pattaya crowd rumour-spreaders you know.. One rumour is that “that they were going to build it near the vehicle licensing office, behind the night market in city Chaiyaphum, would be nice if this were true, as it would be much easier to get to for everybody than 12 km out of town.......”

Another rumour is "It will be situated in the white building behind the central police-station near at the roundabout central Chaiyaphum"!!!!!

But as it stands today, that is just what it is, rumours!!!!

Glegolo

post-67253-0-27612400-1469276904_thumb.j

• Like 1

I was up today to Ratchbaht University along Tad Ton way. The very first house on the right hand side, immeiately when you passed the gates (20 meters or so) There it is,,,,, A beutiful sign (at least for us who long for this moment),, A sign saying CHAIYAPHUM IMMIGRATION (see photos)..

The personal were out for lunch, but looked through the windows and there were computers connected, there were desks with chairs. Missing as far as I can see were phones and cabinetts for our files.....

I talked to a guard a long time, who said 1 month, ganya (september),,,,,,, So with this we can now be sure of the definitive location of our new Immigration office.....

Tap on our shoulders and congrats to us all....

Glegolo

L1023286.JPG

L1023290.JPG

L1023291.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...