As from july 2016 New immigration-office in Chaiyaphum..

So Immigration as said, welcome to do your 90 days report, and as from november you can also do youe extensions there, but for God sake, call them first, so you not go there in vain....

The signs all over Chaiyaphum is now up, and all are happy I guess..

Glegolo

L1030380_resizeaaa.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here comes the coordinates for the exelent map over all Immigration officies you have over Thailand... 

Chaiyaphum Immigration coordinates:

N 15° 55' 45.0"
E 102° 01' 24.4"
or
N 15.929172
E 102.023455

Glegolo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did a 90 day report recently and found them very helpful. Hardly said a word to me but just talked to my wife. I just handed him my passport and he did everything else and only asked me to sign the form and a 20 Baht service fee :)

They can also do all extensions as well. 

In addition it would seem that 'problems' can be solved with discretion.

Had a chat with an Aussie who indicated that his rather big problem was being settled for a proportional consideration so it would seem we have a helpful service for all.

I was there only 5 mins which makes a change of 2-3 hours in KK office. 

I don't think my 20 Baht payment is going to create a cesspool. The cost of photocopies would have been 10 baht or more.

As for keeping this office in good shape from what I have witnessed it is already too late. People with problems need to have them fixed. What else are they supposed to do? Leave the country? Not doing so is like insisting on paying ten times the amount for a driving offence at a police station instead of sorting it out on the spot. TIT

So again, to what you said, create a cesspole just because people like you, or others cant do the right thing, and prefer to corrupt poor immigrant officials... Good on you maybe, and good on these guys that NOT have their VISAS, or extensions, or whatever, in good order.

But for the rest of us,,, this will excalate till what we see all over the place here in Thailand,,,, <deleted>-officials that will demand payment to do extensions, to accept that you are even present...

I hope anyhow that the employees will have eyes on them from higher places, and stop them to become like you want them to be creaps that cant be trusted and in the end treating us normal guys like shit....... THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL END UP WITH,, with that behaviour that you support so dearly..

Glegolo

• Like 1

First visit to the new office today for my 90 day report and must say I was impressed.  It was easy to find and closer than the KK office for me.  Interestingly I gave them the pre-prepared TM47 form and the girl typed the information into the computer and then gave me a printed copy to sign. I also had to provide a copy of the photo page of my passport, a copy of the marriage extension stamp from passport, a copy of the entry stamp from passport and a copy of the departure card.  I had a copy of the foreign national information form ready but they did not request it.  No admin fee was requested and I was out of there within 10 minutes.  There was only one other person waiting and made a nice change from sitting in a large queue at KK. 

So all in all a very positive experience - but my wife didn't rate the shopping opportunities in Chaiyaphum and I must admit to missing our trip to Central in KK too  :)

On 12/7/2016 at 11:26 AM, glegolo said:

So again, to what you said, create a cesspole just because people like you, or others cant do the right thing, and prefer to corrupt poor immigrant officials... Good on you maybe, and good on these guys that NOT have their VISAS, or extensions, or whatever, in good order.

But for the rest of us,,, this will excalate till what we see all over the place here in Thailand,,,, <deleted>-officials that will demand payment to do extensions, to accept that you are even present...

I hope anyhow that the employees will have eyes on them from higher places, and stop them to become like you want them to be creaps that cant be trusted and in the end treating us normal guys like shit....... THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL END UP WITH,, with that behaviour that you support so dearly..

Glegolo

Take it easy. I was just reporting what happened. If you think Farang are corrupting poor Thai officials you are way off the mark. If you assume the new office is pure and clean and only dirtied by naughty farang you are being naive. I don't want them to be anything and don't support any such behaviour but I don't knock those who pay for a little help either just because my papers are in order. It's just the way things are and have always been. Nothing to do with poor innocent officials being led astray. 

7 hours ago, somo said:

Take it easy. I was just reporting what happened. If you think Farang are corrupting poor Thai officials you are way off the mark. If you assume the new office is pure and clean and only dirtied by naughty farang you are being naive. I don't want them to be anything and don't support any such behaviour but I don't knock those who pay for a little help either just because my papers are in order. It's just the way things are, and have always been. Nothing to do with poor innocent officials, being led astray. 

Maybe you shold ask yourself how it started then, that maybe opens your eyes a little bit. There are hopefully new times coming also inside the policeforce/Immigration-staff. There will always be the rutten apples, but amongst the newly employed people, there are for sure some good ones amongst them.

And for me, I truly believe corruption starts when temptations from people like them you describe, are being too much, and then escalate to full blown corrupt people, that you yourself will cry over later.

So again, kep your money in your pockets, "face the music",,,, and be prepared to get the new CORRECT VISAS in order to stay here, and if you cant get it, because lack of money, then go home and stay there..

Easy, isn´t it....

Glegolo

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mcsiva8 said:

Hi, 

Can anyone confirm that chaiyaphum immigration, is stamping passports for visa extensions? Have to do mine before 26/1, 

Cheers

Chris 

Yes, have several friends already doing that.. They are in full operation since at least mid november.. I was there last wednesday, and even asked them how long in beforehand I can come and extend my present extension...1 month was the answer..

So just go ahead no problem..

Glegolo

ps. Can confirm that they do NOT accept 90 day reporting via postoffice yet. I asked and I noticed that they were unwilling... saying that they do not have any "postal address" yet!!

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian1980 said:

My sister she is Chayaphum and needs to extend his visa on arrival one more month. Can she does it at Chayaphum office?

If they have a 30 day visa exempt entry (not a 15 day VOA) it is possible to extend it for 30 days there for a fee of 1900 baht.

It they are actually on a visa on arrival only 7 days to leave the country can be obtained after paying 1900 baht.

7 hours ago, glegolo said:

Yes, have several friends already doing that.. They are in full operation since at least mid november.. I was there last wednesday, and even asked them how long in beforehand I can come and extend my present extension...1 month was the answer..

So just go ahead no problem..

Glegolo

ps. Can confirm that they do NOT accept 90 day reporting via postoffice yet. I asked and I noticed that they were unwilling... saying that they do not have any "postal address" yet!!

Thanks very much mate, save a trip to KK. 

Cheers Chris 

Edited by mcsiva8
Wrong spelling

If they have a 30 day visa exempt entry (not a 15 day VOA) it is possible to extend it for 30 days there for a fee of 1900 baht.
It they are actually on a visa on arrival only 7 days to leave the country can be obtained after paying 1900 baht.

My sister enter Thailand by train from Malaysia and now she is in Chayaphum. She entered obtaining a 30 days stamps

9 minutes ago, Ian1980 said:

My sister enter Thailand by train from Malaysia and now she is in Chayaphum. She entered obtaining a 30 days stamps

That is a visa exempt entry. She can extend it at immigration there.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, mcsiva8 said:

Does anyone know if they are still charging the 1000 bath fee for visa at the Thai consulate in Laos? I read that it's not being charged till end Feb 2017.

Yes they are free now until the 28th of February.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, mcsiva8 said:

Me again, a friend wants to do a border run to Laos, how many days do you get on re-entry, without a visa, 14 or 15 days, Aussie passport? Any help would do, cheers, Chris

Since December 31st all nationalities get a 30 day visa exempt entry. The 15 day rule was rescinded when the new rule limiting land border crossings tor one to 2 per calendar year.

Maybe a moderator should clean up this thread, it is way too much off topic now plse...

And Guys, plse start a new thread instead, if you have questions NOT related to Immigration in Chaiyaphum, it is just lazyness I think...

Glegolo

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, mcsiva8 said:

Does anyone know if British passports can get 60 days visa in Laos and extend for a further 30 days at a Thai immigration point? So similar to Australian passports.
Thanks, Chris

You can extend the 60 day entry from the visa for 30 days at an immigration office.

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can extend the 60 day entry from the visa for 30 days at an immigration office.

Did you answer the first part of his question?? 

I would like to know the answer,, interesting for me to know.. I mean he asked IF he can get a 60 day VISA in laos on british passport??

Glegolo

11 hours ago, glegolo said:

I would like to know the answer,, interesting for me to know.. I mean he asked IF he can get a 60 day VISA in laos on british passport??

Of course he can. I read it to mean if he got a visa in Laos can it be extended for 30 days.

There is not restriction based upon nationality other than for those from countries that are on the list of countries that can only get visas in their home country.