Transportations To Do Border Hop

Greetings all! :o

I'm having a little question concerning transportation arrangement to do border-hop to activate another entry of my bf's multientry non imm(O) visa. His visa is valid from september this year till sept next year. He entered Thailand on 13 Oct and on the 1st stamp, it says valid untill 11 Jan, 07 which means he'll have to go out of Thailand before that date, correct? Now the problem is we don't really know where the best place (as in convenient and nearby Thailand) for border hopping would be. Thinking of Malaysia, either KL or Penang. Any other places? And we are not sure bout transportations to get there. Like plane or train and cost and how. And what we need to do to get the 2nd entry activated?

So.. please kindly help us out! A place + transportations guide + processes & documents etc

Your advices are always extremely appreciated! :D

big THANKS

xxBunnigalxx

I'm having a little question concerning transportation arrangement to do border-hop to activate another entry of my bf's multientry non imm(O) visa. His visa is valid from september this year till sept next year. He entered Thailand on 13 Oct and on the 1st stamp, it says valid untill 11 Jan, 07 which means he'll have to go out of Thailand before that date, correct? Now the problem is we don't really know where the best place (as in convenient and nearby Thailand) for border hopping would be. Thinking of Malaysia, either KL or Penang. Any other places? And we are not sure bout transportations to get there. Like plane or train and cost and how. And what we need to do to get the 2nd entry activated?

So.. please kindly help us out! A place + transportations guide + processes & documents etc

big THANKS

xxBunnigalxx

It all depends where you are staying now.

I am in Samui and always went to Padang Baazar on the Malaysian border.

Mini bus to Had Yai cost around 300 Baht. Mini bus from Had Yai 40 Baht to the border. Cross the border ,come back again within 1 minute. back to Had Yai. Stay the night in a hotel about five hundred Baht and get the mini bus back to Samui in the morning. Easy.

There are other options depending where you are. Also many Visa run companies. But more fun to do on your own in my opinion.

pennang_visa_wi_mr_don.doc

big THANKS

xxBunnigalxx

i went last time to pennang with a visa agent in soi buckow pattaya it cost 17,000 bhat flight rtn also 1 night hotel , im just booking a 2 night with same hotel (cititel georgetown) with go travel (part of air asia) for just over 10,000 for 2 people.

There is daily bus service from at least four places that advertise in the classified section of The Bangkok Post that go to Cambodia for an all inclusive cost of between 1,800 and 2,200 baht. That is the easy way; but why not travel and see other places with you? Any such trip can be used to obtain a new 90 day stay.

Thanks Visarunner ...

Anyway, if my bf flies from BKK to KL, Malaysia then once he arrives at KL airport, will his 2nd entry be activated? From immigrant officer at the airport I meant. Or will he still need to travel to Thai consulate there to get it activated?

Cause if it all can be done at the airport then we probably will just book the flight to KL and back to Bkk within a few hours later. We don't feel the urge to go sight-seeing or shopping there :o

Thanks again, you'll are such a great help!! :D

xxBunnigalxx

Well if you are not going to exit the airport why fly anywhere? A bus ride to border at 2,000 baht is all he needs and you don't have to be with him. The visa entry is activated when he returns to Thailand. On entry form he puts the visa information as he did the first time and gets a new 90 day permitted to stay stamp.

Well if you are not going to exit the airport why fly anywhere? A bus ride to border at 2,000 baht is all he needs and you don't have to be with him. The visa entry is activated when he returns to Thailand. On entry form he puts the visa information as he did the first time and gets a new 90 day permitted to stay stamp.

Sounds a bit like that Tom Hanks movie in which he lived in the airport lounge for years. :o:D:D