TV presenter Sorayuth in court again

webfact

TV presenter Sorayuth in court again

so.JPEG

BANGKOK: -- TV presenter and famous personality Sorayuth Suthatnajinda made another appearance at the central criminal court Tuesday.

The latest charges relate to a fraud case for which the Channel 9 anchor has already received a 20 year sentence from the court in February reported Manager Online.

Legal arguments took place over whether the charges against him and others are new cases or just repetitions of the original case.

He will be back in court for a ruling on the matter on June 2nd.

Sorayuth - one of the most famous and loved TV presenters - was found guilty of fraud in the overselling of advertising to MCOT through his company Rai Som.

It has been proved that MCOT was defrauded of more than 138 million baht in the case.

His sentence was reduced by a third to 13 years 4 months after he gave helpful evidence and he is currently out on bail.

Source: Manager Online

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-25

His sentence was reduced by a third to 13 years 4 months after he gave, a very large brown envelope helpful evidence and he is currently out on bail, while waiting to make a break for it.

Absolutely...The Thai officials must think everyone is Thai and boasting their diminished mental capacity...how can you be found guilty, sentenced, and out on bail? Isn't there anyone who can tell the General that most people are smarter than Thais, and so we see these proceedings for what they really are? This is why Thailand is a joke...the conceited half wit cousin of the ASEAN community...

I spoke about this issue with a Thai friend. She said he is 'a lovely reporter' and was shocked at the stories. How can someone so 'lovely' be a bad person? It's not computing with her, and I think she doesn't believe it.

A lot of foreigners here fall into this same trap. We quickly judge people by their words and appearance. Even when we get to know them better and see that their actions are wrong, we still judge them by their words.

My old Thai boss was a perfect example. He'd be skimming off people's salaries and exploiting them left, right and centre. People would complain behind his back. He'd come to work and be so nice and polite. Ask people how their weekends were, etc. People would soon forget and say "He's not so bad". Following week they'd be complaining again.

It's the fundamentals of a magic 'trick'. Get someone's attention with a big smile, while one of your hands is in their pockets.

I spoke about this issue with a Thai friend. She said he is 'a lovely reporter' and was shocked at the stories. How can someone so 'lovely' be a bad person? It's not computing with her, and I think she doesn't believe it.

A lot of foreigners here fall into this same trap. We quickly judge people by their words and appearance. Even when we get to know them better and see that their actions are wrong, we still judge them by their words.

My old Thai boss was a perfect example. He'd be skimming off people's salaries and exploiting them left, right and centre. People would complain behind his back. He'd come to work and be so nice and polite. Ask people how their weekends were, etc. People would soon forget and say "He's not so bad". Following week they'd be complaining again.

It's the fundamentals of a magic 'trick'. Get someone's attention with a big smile, while one of your hands is in their pockets.

And depending what the hand has hold of in the pocket.

Also that is part of thainess.

The Justice system is thoroughly confusing. 20yrs/14 yrs+ for white collar fraud crime. Limited probation for unlicensed underaged driver who kills 9. Merc driver drives crazily through barrier and later slaughters two people and charges aren't settled yet, much less being prosecuted. The real confusing one is how a police officer is killed on motorcycle and Ferrari driver is able to escape to Singapore. I hope PM Prayut came manage some of these to arrive at a moderate form of realistic justice Would go a long way toward improving the world,s understanding og Thai justice

I always love it how the rich and famous are released on bail even after they have been found guilty and convicted.

What was the point of the trial exactly?

Pretence and face. Nothing more, nothing less.

I would love to be privvy to the inner workings of the Thai judicial/investigative bodies. Some investigations seemingly have every agency turbo charged in driving forward, where there are all sorts of authoritative/cult figures commentating and driving it on (eg YS rice case, temple case) , where other cases just seemingly never move anywhere and those commentators/cult figures seemingly lose their voice. (eg high profile road death cases, Suthep police station contsruction)

Would be very interesting to be a fly in the wall and find out the reasons for this and all the ass covering, political hopscotch involved in it.

His sentence was reduced by a third to 13 years 4 months after he gave, a very large brown envelope helpful evidence and he is currently out on bail, while waiting to make a break for it.

Absolutely...The Thai officials must think everyone is Thai and boasting their diminished mental capacity...how can you be found guilty, sentenced, and out on bail? Isn't there anyone who can tell the General that most people are smarter than Thais, and so we see these proceedings for what they really are? This is why Thailand is a joke...the conceited half wit cousin of the ASEAN community...

I believe if an appeal is lodged the sentence is postponed, unless you are Burmese.

I always love it how the rich and famous are released on bail even after they have been found guilty and convicted.

Its called a show trial. It endears the masses and plays out well in the media as the government looks like they have taken down someone of substance. I think the substance people take turns at making the government look good.It also gives said person free publicity. The masses like people who appear as a bit of a rogue. Edited by elgordo38

Also that is part of thainess.

And all Thai-Chinese I've met at experts at it.

Flights to Dubai are very cheap at the moment.

They're even cheaper if he goes south - like camnan Po - to gets accross the river and wait for Cambodia's financial advisor Thaksin's next visit who then will give him a lift to Dubai and a life in exile, Thaksin can help him with all the details he has a few years experience by now. Thailand a wonderful place when you have unlimited amounts of money then anything and everything can be arranged.

How about out on bail awaiting appeal they even grant that where I am from, a bit carried away here I think

How is he still able to SHOUT the news every day?

He should be sent down just for that fat, greedy, gravel voice of his we've had to listen to for years.

what someone had a gun on you every morning making you watch, heheheheheheeh

Just think how it looks to the world when 5 policemen are found guilty of murder and then they are released on bail until their appeal is heard!! Of course they wont try and influence the witnesses??? laugh.pngfacepalm.gifwhistling.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifwai.gif

Politicians do it all the time