Here's who buys the most weapons from the U.S.

webfact

Here's who buys the most weapons from the U.S.
By Curtis Brown, Ryan Browne, and Zachary Cohen CNN

Washington (CNN)With the end of the U.S. arms embargo, Vietnam will join a long list of international recipients of American armaments.

The U.S. is responsible for nearly 33% of worldwide exports -- by far the top arms exporter on the planet -- but which countries does the U.S. sell the most weapons to?

Saudi Arabia was the top recipient of American-made arms from 2011-2015, followed closely by the United Arab Emirates, according to research compiled by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), which has been analyzing international arms transfers since 1968.

Full story: http://us.cnn.com/2016/05/24/politics/us-arms-sales-worldwide/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2016-05-25

Little UAR #2 ! wow, Do they have an NRA member as PM? They must be mighty spooked by something. Invasion? Insurgents? or just that old fashioned Arab paranoia.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that an aggressive Iran is its neighbor across from the Strait of Hormuz, which Iran sometimes threatens to seize.

Hey, I guessed right! One reason I think US sells weapons is so that Pentagon can go to Congress and get funding more new advanced weapons to be sure we could beat the countries we sell weapons to in case things go south. Can't have a military industrial complex without making sure industry is served....

Little UAR #2 ! wow, Do they have an NRA member as PM? They must be mighty spooked by something. Invasion? Insurgents? or just that old fashioned Arab paranoia.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that an aggressive Iran is its neighbor across from the Strait of Hormuz, which Iran sometimes threatens to seize.

Probably half the countries in the world have at least one aggressive neighbor. It's just that UAR is so small, with a small population. It's probably in the bottom 3% as far as population, yet it's #2 weapons buyer from the US. I'd be curious to see the cost per person for their weapons. Maybe it's also a re-seller.

They Say ....."Money to be made Supplying Tools of the Trade"

Problem is

1- They sell to X country supposedly an ally,,,but there is no way to truly monitor the middle men there

2- It is a bit like selling baseballs....If ones income is dependent on a demand of baseball's..... then it is likely one will be sure a game is always being played somewhere in the world.

3- All competition to build/sell these balls will likely get squashed by any means/claims One seller named Viktor was arrested for selling balls to a so called enemy of one Yet anyone buying *these* balls are likely someones enemy yes?

I submit that the largest buyer of US weapons is US citizens...feeling threatened by it's own government's over-reach and corrupt judicial system...preparing to do battle, if necessary, to protect family, church, and property...

America is being run by professional bureaucrats...never having done one day of actual work...never produce anything...never served the community...these professional paper pushers maintain their lofty incomes by tax and legislation which has decimated the middle class in America...almost as many people are dependent upon government assistance as are gainfully employed in low paying jobs...

Unethical and arrogant people are leading many government agencies...the current administration has done nothing to discourage corruption...quite the contrary...

I submit that the largest buyer of US weapons is US citizens...feeling threatened by it's own government's over-reach and corrupt judicial system...preparing to do battle, if necessary, to protect family, church, and property...

America is being run by professional bureaucrats...never having done one day of actual work...never produce anything...never served the community...these professional paper pushers maintain their lofty incomes by tax and legislation which has decimated the middle class in America...almost as many people are dependent upon government assistance as are gainfully employed in low paying jobs...

Unethical and arrogant people are leading many government agencies...the current administration has done nothing to discourage corruption...quite the contrary...

And they have managed to create another class of citizen-the working poor.

people who actually do have a job,but the only problem is they're earning between $7.50/$11.00 an hour....

Not small mom&pop businesses either,some are multi-nationals!......

People must be forever robbing peter to pay paul....

What's up with Israel ? 3.1 billion USD ? What a joke ? They have arms and legs. Why do they get their goodies bag for free ? Make em pay with cash I say. It may even force them to be peaceful for a change.

"Saudi Arabia was the top recipient of American-made arms,"

Saudi Arabia, the country responsible for 9 /11 and thousands of American deaths is the #1 customer for American weapons.

Is is any wonder why Bush invaded Iraq, who had nothing to do with 9 /11 instead?

It pays to be a good customer of the industrial- military complex.

It's all about the money.

Hey, I guessed right! One reason I think US sells weapons is so that Pentagon can go to Congress and get funding more new advanced weapons to be sure we could beat the countries we sell weapons to in case things go south. Can't have a military industrial complex without making sure industry is served....

And you won't be making so many arms sales if you don't remain on the leading edge of design and production.

What's up with Israel ? 3.1 billion USD ? What a joke ? They have arms and legs. Why do they get their goodies bag for free ? Make em pay with cash I say. It may even force them to be peaceful for a change.

Another obsessive Israel-basher that does not know squat about the Middle East. The US gets a LOT more than 3 billion back in intelligence information and not having to base another few aircraft carriers in the region. Israel IS the largest US aircraft carrier in the world.

Another obsessive Israel-basher that does not know squat about the Middle East. The US gets a LOT more than 3 billion back in intelligence information and not having to base another few aircraft carriers in the region. Israel IS the largest US aircraft carrier in the world.

Don't know Ulysses...always thought that title belonged to the UK.

You are semi right about the first half of your first sentence and totally wrong about the rest of it.

The fact of the matter [which I know you will never see even til the day after your passing] is that the US wouldn't need any thing back in the first place if it stopped supplying arms that are used to oppress Palestine. Fact and full stop.

And when was the last time Israel put planes in the air and boots on the ground from this " largest US aircraft carrier in the world" in defense of "US" national interests ? NEVER EVER. It is instead those like Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, The Europeans etc etc, who, may I add pay for their own weapons, that get called upon do do the dirty work. Here are some figures. Of course there are a lot more conflicts the US has been involved since it started paying Israel's defense bill but here are the two most recent and more pertinant. Do you notice something missing from these two lists ?

Coalition deaths by country War in Afghanistan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalition_casualties_in_Afghanistan

Coalition deaths by country Iraq War.

http://icasualties.org/Iraq/Nationality.aspx

Edited by coma

Don't know Ulysses...always thought that title belonged to the UK.

Without a doubt. The UK has been the US's greatest intelligence provider and ally forever. In fact the US INT community learnt its trade from the Brits. And the two countries seldom hold information back from one another. They also form the nucleus of the Five Eyes intelligence alliance which also includes Australia, Canada and New Zealand. These 5 countries are as tight as it gets. With the small exception that the US now filter INT to the Kiwis cuz the Kiwis barred the Yanks from sailing their nuclear warships in New Zealand waters. ALL these countries pay for their own weapons.

Probably half the countries in the world have at least one aggressive neighbor. It's just that UAR is so small, with a small population. It's probably in the bottom 3% as far as population, yet it's #2 weapons buyer from the US. I'd be curious to see the cost per person for their weapons. Maybe it's also a re-seller.

The UAR? Since the United Arab Republic ceased to exist in 1961, you must be talking about the Union Argentina de Rugby. I know it's a tough game, but surely they haven't resorted to arming the players? As for the UAE, most of that money is the shotgun bill for Sheikh Hamdan's annual grouse hunting trip

45bb2196da2b421bec8325e7e7693ca8.jpg

Edited by ballpoint

Gather around children. Uncle Sam has brought you some shiny new sidewinders to play with.

Actually, "gather round children, Uncle Sam is showing you some shiny new sidewinders that you might want to buy".

After all, nothing is for free, especially weapons ! :)

And when was the last time Israel put planes in the air and boots on the ground from this " largest US aircraft carrier in the world" in defense of "US" national interests ?

You have just proved me right. Israel has not participated in Middle East wars AT THE REQUEST of the U.S. However, the largest US aircraft carrier in the world is still there for when we need it. Let's hope that day never comes.