Nakhon Ratchasima vs Bangkok

Requiem

I work and live in Korat now. I haven't been in the area long. My quick assessment is it is very Thai (with some trying to be western places). However if you are a westerner requiring all those Western type activities then Korat is not for you, do not even waste your time. In about 1 month you will be bored I suspect especially being you are working at home and likely have free time. For me its different as I work full time and only have to figure out what to do on weekends but that has been a stretch thus far unless you golf. I am not saying Korat is bad but it all depends on your make up and desires. I know I could never live here a long time or retire here but that's me. FWIIW, I haven't seen many other westerners here in my travels. But as a few mentioned, There are big factories here like Seagate, Western Digital etc.

I lived in BKK for 4+ years. 180 opposite places. It wasn't for me but but I was never a big city type, I like the suburbs. I prefer to go visit BKK versus living in it.

As others posted however there are very nice brand new Condo's going up. WAY WAY cheaper then BKK. I am living in a fully furnished brand new condo for 9,200 baht. Its a full 1 bedroom. Pool, Weight room, secured parking, laundry room and a upcoming tea and coffee shop. I signed a 1 year lease. I really like it and the location for the things I need to do.

Good Luck