Not enough time for 800K in account to meet retirement requirements, options?

Or you can just use a visa agent and they will arrange everything for you for around 20k , you borrow 800 k for a short time and get your 1 year visa. I know , its a grey zone but it works.

Thanks for all the replies.

Ubonjoe is correct I was hoping to continue on retirement basis as I've heard the requirements for marriage are onerous (must attend interview in same clothes etc.)

Anyway I have decided, as have inlaws and wife's house only an h

...iPhone!!...an hour or so away from bridge to Savanakhet my best option appears to be getting another non-o based on thai spouse mid July, giving me the extra time to allow seasoning of funds.

The money won't be here today and with a bank holiday in uk I might as well give up.

Wife does not want another difficult last minute experience at Bangkok immigration and is very risk averse to any suggestion of overstay fines.

Will get letter from her employer, can easily show funds in thai or uk bank. Income is harder as I recently closed my uk LTD company and now rely on uk rental income from property which only started incoming in March.

So safest bet would appear to be a trip to inlaws (cheap flight bkk-ubon) in July and a coo

1. One of my friends has the same problem that not enough time for 800k in his account. When he went to immigration to renew his retirement visa, the officer discovery the problem but said to him that if he is willing to pay extra fee, his problem can be fixed.

2. Once I visited a visa company named "Bxxs" at Central Pattaya Road. The manager said, I don't need any money at the bank if I want to apply retirement visa thru him with the charges of THB25,000. I talked to a friend of mine how can it be possible, he said because the visa company acts as a guarantor of the applicant.

25,000b ?? you were robbed all the agents that provide this service charge 15,000b max. And a friend's wife I know only charges 12,000b.

An that's in Pattaya too.

Edited by Sooo Upto Me

I would recommend that you go to your Embassy and get an income verification statement stating that you have 60,000 Baht/month or 800,000, this is what I do. I know Immigration excepts these statements from the Canadian and American Embassies

Only partly true. It takes 65,000 baht monthly income.

if i may ask a question, last year i went to my local Bangkok Bank, round the corner from my condo (soi 48) to get a letter to say i had the 800,000, they said they could not do that, i had to go to my local BB on soi 11.,where i opened my account.i said, what if i moved 300 miles away, met by blank stares ha ha. so obviously the BB at Wattana is not your local bank i would presume and you got a letter that day, do i read it correctly, thanks,yeah i know they make it up as they go along, lol

15,000 to 20,000 baht per year ...maybe not a lot but adds up year after year.

You are essentially borrowing money for 3 months a year. 20,000/800,000 = .025 for 3 months = 10 % per annum. If you can borrow money from somewhere else at less than 10 % you will likely be better off.

Edited by tonray

i went the 800,000 route once, never again, having 15 grand sitting in Bangkok Bank, now i go the embassy route, cant quite make the 65,000 baht income (just under) need about 2 grand in the thai bank,so slip the old embassy parasites a few quid, and job done, all my capital is in the U.K. can get money here in two days from the HALIFAX, have just done this.

• 3 weeks later...