golf in june

femi fan

I'm driving down from Chiang Mai next month to Phuket for a two week holiday. I know Phuket is more expensive than CM, but are there any good deals at golf courses on the island at this time of year? It looks like an expensive place to play golf! But perhaps a deal for residents of Thailand? Or maybe some lesser known courses that come in for lower green fees?

If I am to swallow the prices, which one course do local golfers recommend me to experience while down there? I would love to find myself teeing off or putting next to the sea!

I'll be staying in Kata Noi, if that has any bearing.

I'm driving down from Chiang Mai next month to Phuket for a two week holiday. I know Phuket is more expensive than CM, but are there any good deals at golf courses on the island at this time of year? It looks like an expensive place to play golf! But perhaps a deal for residents of Thailand? Or maybe some lesser known courses that come in for lower green fees?

If I am to swallow the prices, which one course do local golfers recommend me to experience while down there? I would love to find myself teeing off or putting next to the sea!

I'll be staying in Kata Noi, if that has any bearing.

I haven't heard anything so far, but last year during the low season the Blue Canyon were offering a super deal on the local radio station. As I say I haven't heard anything so far but it may be worthwhile contacting Blue Canyon.

Yup, Mission Hills is the place to go if you want the coastal experience. Highly recommended.

Laguna, my local, has been recently redesigned and is superb.

Blue Canyon, Red Mountain etc awesome.

All the golf in Phuket is seriously expensive. Typically more than 5000 baht for 18 holes, which is IMHO, mental!

The only way to get around this is to be a resident of one of the courses (like Laguna), or staying at one of their hotels. Or to have a Thai driver's license (Thai resident), or to play with a member.

In all the above 3 scenarios, you're looking at a 50% discount. Still expensive at 2500 baht plus plus, plus the caddy!

Oh, sorry, did I mention it's a crap time of year for outdoor activity here? There's a good chance you'll get a bit damp on your round.

Thanks everyone for your info.

To sum up:

I should contact Blue Canyon to see if they have any deals.

Phuket Country Club at 2200 baht (two years ago) seems cheaper than most - it's a 9 hole course, yeah?

With my Thai driver's licence (I also have a yellow book), it seems I can get a 50% discount? Is that all the courses? In June and July?

As for weather, i'm in Phuket for two weeks, and i'll assume that i'll be lucky in the main! If it's like Chiang Mai, showers would only last 20 minutes or so and then play can resume, no?!

It's been raining here in Phuket for the last 4/5 days constantly so playing golf is a risk at the high prices they charge, best value is Phuket country club (country course) very good test!

I hope the rain becomes somewhat more intermittent by the end of June!

Will proof of my residence in the kingdom get me a discount do you think at this club?

It's been raining here in Phuket for the last 4/5 days constantly so playing golf is a risk at the high prices they charge, best value is Phuket country club (country course) very good test!

Will proof of my residence in the kingdom get me a discount do you think at this club?

Google Phuket golf holidays, you will get cheaper green fees going through them, I don't know about discount showing a Thai driving license!

Just checked, 2400bht for 18 holes(9 hole twice) this is a great course, you will love it, not including caddy fee!

Edited by Badrabbit

Google Phuket golf holidays, you will get cheaper green fees going through them, I don't know about discount showing a Thai driving license!

Just checked, 2400bht for 18 holes(9 hole twice) this is a great course, you will love it, not including caddy fee!

^ there are some decent deals through some sites, most courses here offer no concessions for licence etc so definitely worth a scout around online.

Phuket Country Club 9 hole course is about the cheapest around, 2400 plus 400 caddy fee, plus tip 3-500. I play every week here, great course and really tests you.

Loch Palm used to have a sports day on Thursdays, which was a bit cheaper but not sure if it still happens - I think a thai licence or proof of residency used to get you more off, but this was a few years back so dont know now, probably worth asking as it is a great course too.

My favourite is red mountain, but last time I played it was 6700 (3 years ago) which is just too expensive imo. I have heard a lot of good things about the revamped Laguna but not had the chance to play it yet, so if you do let us know smile.png

Edited by B1ade