Degree Certification Needed

This is the latest news from my current school. Apparently now, Immigration (yes immigration) is asking for NES's as well as Chinese teachers to have your degree certified by either your embassy or your home country representative. I have a Non-B, I have a teachers waiver which I got approved by the TCT last week. Now I am told, in order for me to get my 1 year extension I have to have my degree verified by my embassy. Problem here is, my embassy (usa) will not do it. So, what are my options guys and gals? Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

This is the latest news from my current school. Apparently now, Immigration (yes immigration) is asking for NES's as well as Chinese

teachers to have your degree certified by either your embassy or your home country representative. I have a Non-B, I have a teachers

waiver which I got approved by the TCT last week. Now I am told, in order for me to get my 1 year extension I have to have my

degree verified by my embassy. Problem here is, my embassy (usa) will not do it. So, what are my options guys and gals? Does anyone

have any knowledge of this?

You can send it to family in the USA and have someone do it for you...

I ad my degree with apostille and they rejected me also...

Ministry of Education in Thailand handled the certification of my high school diploma when I applied for graduation at my Thai university, so if all else fails you can probably contact them to hear what they can do.

Ok, it looks like it can be Apostilled in Colorado, where I went to school. However, if I read the above statement correctly by "thesetat2013" he said

his was rejected. Maybe he can elaborate on that a little bit.

This is the latest news from my current school. Apparently now, Immigration (yes immigration) is asking for NES's as well as Chinese

teachers to have your degree certified by either your embassy or your home country representative. I have a Non-B, I have a teachers

waiver which I got approved by the TCT last week. Now I am told, in order for me to get my 1 year extension I have to have my

degree verified by my embassy. Problem here is, my embassy (usa) will not do it. So, what are my options guys and gals? Does anyone

You said you had your degree "Apostille" and it was rejected? What other step was required for you ?

I can't help but it's worth listing which embassies actually do this and which ones don't. Looks like another blanket rule from the government without considering the details. For australia, one can request verification from the university itself. I've not heard of the embassy doing this.

This is the latest news from my current school. Apparently now, Immigration (yes immigration) is asking0 for NES's as well as Chinese

teachers to have your degree certified by either your embassy or your home country . I have a Non-B, I have a teachers

deg1q1ree verified by my embassy. Problem here is, my embassy (usa) will not do it. So, what are my options guys and gals? Does anyone

You said you had your degree "Apostille" and it was rejected? What other step was required for you ?
To take a chance and work illegally or leave Thailand or change my visit to one that let's me stay longer without working.

Is the degree certification now required at most immigration offices?

No. They don't have a clue as to what that means, and don't care if you really have it or not. It's a matter of the mood of the officer and his/her lunch. These rules are always written by people who aren't in the situations and don't carry any official weight. This is a country run by the military in case you were unaware. Education is on the back burner, the future is now.(George Allen, the late coach of the Washington Redskins once said) The OP indicates "latest news from my current school"...who wouldn't have a clue either. The Director's see these foreigners as a budget enhancer but once they become an expense or big hassle, away they will go...What's for lunch today?

I can't help but it's worth listing which embassies actually do this and which ones don't. Looks like another blanket rule from the government without considering the details. For australia, one can request verification from the university itself. I've not heard of the embassy doing this.

The Philippine Embassy in Bangkok does do it for Filipino's for about 1000.Baht. This 1000.Baht will of course be reimbursed by the school. You farangs and Africans need to get out of the way, go back where you came from. This is a Philippine connection and you are just causing ripples in our stream, income stream. Thanks for your consideration O O.

To take a chance and work illegally or leave Thailand or change my visit to one that let's me stay longer without working.

I have never ever heard of a Government School being "raided" by Immigration or Labor forces. If anyone has, please post your experiences here. We sometimes hear of "audits" but doubt failure to have copies of Passport's, VISA's, and Work Permit's of the foreigners is high on the list of items being inspected. If there were such a shortcoming, it would be written up in a "report" which again, isn't read by anyone that matters if anyone at all. So bottom line, if you want to be legal it's a personal motivation and not one the school really cares about at the end of the day or week or month or year. It does help if you want to "demand" a salary but again, you are pestering them and just hold your head high and figure you've been out smarted by the Thai system. Certification of a degree is just new territory for the Thai people and one they could do with out. It's caused by a few bad apples, child molesters and their ilk.

I have never ever heard of a Government School being "raided" by Immigration or Labor forces. If anyone has, please post your experiences here. We sometimes hear of "audits" but doubt failure to have copies of Passport's, VISA's, and Work Permit's of the foreigners is high on the list of items being inspected. If there were such a shortcoming, it would be written up in a "report" which again, isn't read by anyone that matters if anyone at all. So bottom line, if you want to be legal it's a personal motivation and not one the school really cares about at the end of the day or week or month or year. It does help if you want to "demand" a salary but again, you are pestering them and just hold your head high and figure you've been out smarted by the Thai system. Certification of a degree is just new territory for the Thai people and one they could do with out. It's caused by a few bad apples, child molesters and their ilk.

In Chumphon last year and the year before the local immigration raided every school and tutoring school demanding to see all foreigners work permits. I know of many teachers that fled out the back of schools and many more who had to stop working and left Thailand simply because their school had failed to complete and submit the required documents to obtain the work permit and visa an the teachers were still on a tourist visa. Also during these raids the immigration closed several tutoring schools for failing to have teachers employed with work permits for that specific school. From what I understand these raids will continue this school year as well.

Remember that just because you have never seen or heard about something does not make so it isn't true.

Also for you to give advice that this person only as a personal motivation to work legally as a teacher and that the schools don't care is out of line and very wrong. Most schools do care and do follow the law and even more want to see your degree.

The USA embassy does not verify educational credentials. The schools in the USA can verify your degree however, an apostille is not accepted as per the Hague convention rules. Your degree from the USA would have to be verified through the USA embassy within the US only.

Do you have a link to the research that shows the correlation between not having a/having a fake degree and a persons criminal inclination?

(Or, as I suspect, are you spouting crap again).

The USA embassy does not verify educational credentials. The schools in the USA can verify your degree however, an apostille is not accepted as per the Hague convention rules. Your degree from the USA would have to be verified through the USA embassy within the US only.

There is not a single American embassy or consulate in the USA.

Do you have a link to the research that shows the correlation between not having a/having a fake degree and a persons criminal inclination?

It is very regretful you have to resort to name calling and personal attacks. A civil discussion is much more entertaining and insightful if you have half a brain. Name calling and these personal insults just add to the giggles of a child in an adults body.

The link is quite obvious. If a person has or gets a "fake degree" he/she is motivated to be near children, for what might be criminal acts. If he/she is without a degree and presents himself as such, he just wants a job in the big time which requires a degree. I think the motivations are clear cut. Going to the trouble of getting and risking the fake degree requires some sort of criminal intent.

The State Department in Washington D.C. serves this purpose. The whole concept remains silly for the "jobs" we are discussing. A quick google search will suffice. I searched my own name and found my yearbook with my name and photo online. The Thai staff could do this little bit of work and weed out those attempting to use fake degrees and get at their children.

It is very regretful you have to resort to name calling and personal attacks. A civil discussion is much more entertaining and insightful if you have half a brain. Name calling and these personal insults just add to the giggles of a child in an adults body.

The link is quite obvious. If a person has or gets a "fake degree" he/she is motivated to be near children, for what might be criminal acts. If he/she is without a degree and presents himself as such, he just wants a job in the big time which requires a degree. I think the motivations are clear cut. Going to the trouble of getting and risking the fake degree requires some sort of criminal intent.

Where do you see "name calling"?

Your second paragraph is pure conjecture, just your own thoughts, not proof or facts.

my school got raided last year by immigration. Also my friends school in huay yai got raided , put 2 teachers in jail for no wp.

Perhaps I used the wrong word in saying the US embassy. However, it can be given the US seal at the same place you would go in the USA to get your passport..

The Philippine Embassy in Bangkok does do it for Filipino's for about 1000.Baht. This 1000.Baht will of course be reimbursed by the school. You farangs and Africans need to get out of the way, go back where you came from. This is a Philippine connection and you are just causing ripples in our stream, income stream. Thanks for your consideration O O.

Don't worry. I'll stand well clear of your yellow stream.

Perhaps I used the wrong word in saying the US embassy. However, it can be given the US seal at the same place you would go in the USA to get your passport..

Nope, it is done by the perspective Secretary of State, at the State level....this would include birth certificates, too.

Also they have the usual "personal officer's hoops" such as photographs of teaching students, your official class schedule, and photograph with tie.

All processed and done with the fisheries personnel.

Archived