Obama makes historic Hiroshima visit

rooster59

Obama makes historic Hiroshima visit

post-247607-0-68810800-1464392272_thumb.

Barack Obama has become the first serving US president to visit the Japanese city of Hiroshima, 71-years after it was hit by the world’s first nuclear bomb attack.

Accompanied by Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Obama laid a wreath to honour victims.

At least 140,000 people died in the US bombing.

In a speech watched by survivors of the blast, the president called on humanity to learn the lessons of the past and make war less likely.

“We stand here in the middle of this city and force ourselves to imagine the moment the bomb fell. We force ourselves to feel the dread of the children confused by what they see. We listen to a silent cry……Those who died they are like us. Ordinary people understand this I think. They do not want more war. They would rather that the wonders of science be focused on improving life and not eliminating it. When a choice is made by nations, by leaders, reflect this simple wisdom, then the lesson of Hiroshima are done,’‘ the president said.

Afterwards, Obama met and hugged some survivors of the atomic strike, which hit Hiroshima on 6 August 1945.

Tokyo and Washington have said they hope the visit will showcase their alliance and invigorate efforts to end nuclear arms.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-28

The Japanese military attacked US military bases.

The US vaporized two Japanese cities full of women and children.

Sounds like mass murder to me.

Would you call setting fire to buildings then shooting everyone as they came out of the buildings with machine guns mass murder? This is only one of the things the Japanese did.

Wimp. He should have apologized. coffee1.gif

Obama wimp-that is a more kind word then what I would have used. Apologize- hell no! That would be wrong. America has NOTHING to apologize for by dropping the bomb. Memorializing the poor victims of the bomb is appropriate and warranted. Dropping the bomb in the first place can only be put on the Japanese people themselves. "That's what they want.....that's what they got.

Remember Pearl Harbor.

Obama Ignores Japanese Atrocities in Hiroshima: US Decision to Drop Atom Bomb Arose from “Humanity’s Worst Instincts”

The jackass apologized for American actions in World War II and ignored the evils of Imperial Japan.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/27/hiroshima-censure-obama/

330px-Chinese_civilians_to_be_buried_ali

Chinese prisoners being buried alive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes

Ending the war years early and saving millions of Japanese lives and the lives of millions

of Chinese, Koreans, Philippinos, and expatriate Europeans living in Asia at the time.

My mother and he family were amongst them. The absolute right call, no doubt about it. coffee1.gif

War Crimes of Imperial Japan: A Lesson In Moral Equivalence for Mr. Obama

Shanghai-South-Station-Japanese-Bombing-

Let's list the Japanese atrocities shall we? Put Obama's words in perspective:

Pearl Harbor.

Baatan Death March - my father participated in that jolly march btw

The Rape of nanking

More at the link http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/05/27/war-crimes-imperial-japan-lesson-moral-equivalence-mr-obama/

What a lovely speech he gave. thumbsup.gif

I wonder who wrote it for him.

Pity he messed up the bit about "when parents see the children's first smile..."

Never mind, I doubt many people noticed.

'Didn't know they were still letting third graders sign up for ThaiVisa.

Oh, is that what it "sounds like" to you? "The Japanese military attacked US military bases." That's it? That's all there is?? 'Nothing else in your inventory of WWII facts and events??? That's pathetic.

You REALLY need to upgrade your knowledge of the war. Actually, you could use some scintilla of knowledge of the war, period! You really could.

'Didn't know they were still letting third graders sign up for ThaiVisa.

Oh, is that what it "sounds like" to you? "The Japanese military attacked US military bases." That's it? That's all there is?? 'Nothing else in your inventory of WWII facts and events??? That's pathetic.

You REALLY need to upgrade your knowledge of the war. Actually, you could use some scintilla of knowledge of the war, period! You really could.

And people think the Thai education is bad. I think FourAces should let us know what gradeschool he dropped out of in the interest of civilization.

Meanwhile the US is modernizing it's existing nuclear weapons by making them smaller and therefore more likely to be used.

You forgot about Russia and China.

Each one of 'em is working on a high velocity nuclear bomb launched by ballistic missile in low earth orbit and, because it descends at an astounding ten times the speed of sound has no defense against it. Absolutely none.

President Obama's visit to Hiroshima was in a large part motivated by this.

EDIT1-hypersonic-042716-newscom.jpg

Chinese and Russian hypersonic vehicles carrying nuclear warheads would speed past U.S. missile defenses, and with the Pentagon lagging behind in the technology, America could be vulnerable to atomic blackmail. (Darpa/Zuma Press/Newscom)

President Obama has been too slow to respond to it.

President Obama is a nice guy, Putin and Xi Jinping are not.

Fortunately the nuclear physicist SecDef Ashton Carter is on the case.

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/china-and-russias-hypersonic-rise-to-nuclear-superiority/

Edited by Publicus