Monks just cant give up Ya Ba

rooster59

Monks just cant give up Ya Ba

post-247607-0-66121900-1464486636_thumb.

Image: Thairath

LAMPANG: Three monks who entered the monkhood to get away from Ya Ba were found high on the drugs by Lampang police Friday.

Though no drugs were found during the raid on the monks quarters at Ban Hua Thung Samakhee they looked very "spiritual" so along with two laymen they were taken to the station for urine tests.

The tests came back positive. Phra Somphop 27, his brother Phra Kitipong 28, and Phra Wanasan, 29 all blamed the lay helpers Anuthen, 20, and Anthaphol, 21, for bringing the drugs. The monks told police their helpers just couldn't do without it.

But soon you could add lying to their charade. Relatives of the three monks turned up and told police that they had all ordained to get away from hard drugs but had failed to mend their ways.

Even the relatives suggested the police take action against them.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-29

People forget, they are just men in orange robes!

Probably be assassinated by the TVF 'know-it-alls' but anyway ...

let's not forget (sure there are many decent, real monks out there, I know) most of these men are society drop outs, the 'wat' is the last refuge that will accept them.

Sure many of them enter with good intentions but the moment they see 'donations', other monks with such vices as money, smart phones, cigarettes, alcohol and even girlfriends, they then start to forget the lifestyle they're supposed to be living.

Yes other religions are just as perverse and impure but these constant news stories are about Thai monks, aren't they?

As English language users, we only see the juicy, translated stories that whittle their way down to us but as some of us know, everyday on Thai news, whether it be TV or social media, there are always stories of monks shopping with their families (which if we're honest, seems to be the norm now), monks caught with 'kiks', monks drunk, monks selling amulets and the list goes on and on. I've also seen, as probably many of us have seen too, monks driving cars and riding motorbikes, not too bad in the scheme of things but not pastimes they are supposed to partake in nonetheless.

And as I previously said, sure there are decent, admirable monks out there, I think I've spoke with a few but it seems they are the noisy minority these days.

(Mods I hope this post won't be deleted as it merely highlights, I think, the not so shocking reasons for their misbehaviour)

They are not monks until they give up all desire.

Won't find any monks left.

I did admire the resolve of one monk a couple of years ago. He was being distracted from his religious activities by getting a stiffy.

The solution was to chop it off.

facepalm.gif

LAMPANG: Three monks who entered the monkhood to get away from Ya Ba were found high on the drugs by Lampang police Friday.

It is far more likely that they didn't enter the monkhood to get away from drugs, but to avoid being caught.

Why all the hysterics here?

Bad behaving monks deserve what everyone else deserves!

Kick them out - lots of other rapists, drug users, political leaders aka "Thuggy" to take their place.

Come on people - it's just a circus! you thought there was something existential about these people???????????????

They are not monks until they give up all desire.

Won't find any monks left.

I did admire the resolve of one monk a couple of years ago. He was being distracted from his religious activities by getting a stiffy.

The solution was to chop it off.

facepalm.gif

...camping in an orange tent.

• 1 month later...

Post 11 and 18

What are the official rules to become ordained as a Theravada Buddhist Monk ?

One would assume that any kind of attachment is clearly NOT on the list.

so far, of course any form of desire isnt accetable at this stage .

Buddism as a lay person or living as a monk isnt to compare at all.