need teachers in south thailand many positions

WOW 30,000 Baht .....Big Incentive.....

NOT.......

Why are you ridiculing 30,000.Baht a month?

The agent indicated all costs related to the VISA, Work Permit, and TCT waiver will be paid by him/her as well as housing provided at no cost to the teacher. This I assume includes travel and hotel expenses related to travel to Bangkok or abroad for the VISA. All said, a good deal as long as they can do all this. Usually a good legal office charges 80,000.Baht to take care of it all so I'm sure the Agency has same and will absorb this if they choose to do it the easy way, with money. After all, the school is going to pay them well for providing the Native English speaking qualified experienced teachers.

The agent did not indicate "housing provided at no cost to the teacher" only "room allowance" - not stated "provided", very different.

Visa support was mentioned but it does not state "all costs related to the visa" - earlier to your posting it is clear he / she expects you to have the visa already.

The whole offer is so open to interpretation that I would be very very wary ....

I thought Thai teachers get a pension in addition to their salary. As well as the ability to do overtime work. And can (legally) do extra tutoring work and summer time work. All combined, the Thai teacher probably earns more over their career than what their base salary alone suggests.

Options obviously not available (legally) to Foreign Teachers.

The agent did not indicate "housing provided at no cost to the teacher" only "room allowance" - not stated "provided", very different.

Visa support was mentioned but it does not state "all costs related to the visa" - earlier to your posting it is clear he / she expects you to have the visa already.

The whole offer is so open to interpretation that I would be very very wary ....

To quote another famous American, "Can't we all just get along?" (Rodney King)

The agent stated he/she was done wrong by some people who had agreed to the terms and even signed contracts. Agents don't even have contracts with teachers last time I checked?

What sort of "room" do you expect? One at one of those ocean front hotels with the swimming pool outside your porch like they have in Krabi(one of the areas mentioned)? No, of course not. It's going to be a 2000 Baht a month Thai room, no AC, limited if any furniture, squat toilet and no hot water. You want more? Great, so does everyone. Pay for it.

How can you have the VISA already if you don't even have the position, contract, and a letter etc. from the school? Only with the use of a good legal office and as I said, some 80,000.Baht is the current fee structure to "take care everything". It can be done.

It isn't open to "interpretation"...any idiot can see it's the lowest elements seeking their level, both the agent, schools, and "teachers". They will find each other. The school found the agent diba?

Why would he/she even bother posting such an item on this forum? It's Thai Visa, not a real "teachers" or teaching in Thailand site. Very few looking for teaching positions look on here for them, or do they?

I thought Thai teachers get a pension in addition to their salary. As well as the ability to do overtime work. And can (legally) do extra tutoring work and summer time work. All combined, the Thai teacher probably earns more over their career than what their base salary alone suggests.

Options obviously not available (legally) to Foreign Teachers.

Thai teachers in Government schools are Civil Servants. They earn a pension over time, it isn't "in addition" to their salary. The "Social" system is available to foreign employees but that's only about health care and a small usually lump sum at termination of employment. Small of course is defined by how long you and the school contributed. The Thai's also have a Credit Union of some sort. This is where all the money comes from for the late modal cars you see around campus. New houses as well so I'm told, but I can confirm the automobile aspects. The Thai teachers have a career, a real one. The foreigners are just hired help, temporary at best. Be thankful for what you do get i.e. Health Care and paid on time when you work directly for a Government School. The School - Agent relationships while about as complex as a broken coffee cup will always be accused of corruption. The reason remains as I said some place, the type of people you are dealing with or observing.

The schools will provide all paper work needed , only ask for a valid non b visa still valid, the certifications,diplomas, c.v. and passport.

I'm now confused. The OP wants those with a B-Visa from some other schools to jump ship?

How else would anyone have a B-Visa (which requires involvement from an employer)?

Of course this is shady, if the OP were a legit professional they would not make a topic claiming there are many positions and then say the following:

they are in need of teacher so late coz different teachers did not kept word given and contract signed.

So, according to this person, there are many school positions available because of many bad foreigners, not at all to do with anything Thai-related.

Why would you trust a xenophobic b*llsh**er like this?

Told ya, let them eat somtam.

Their level of cultural quackery (a.k.a. 'Thainess') can only cure itself, so all ye who enter abandon all hope.

@ #38 Many schools play their little games. Late advertising and early termination (some contracts ending in February) for example. That way, if school began on the 16th of May, they can avoid paying someone for May.

The promised "12 months contract" is rarely signed before the new teacher arrives. Guess what, when the time comes to sign, it might be

1. all in Thai or 2. be very different. ("Some parents have not paid the fees" => no holiday pay, pay your own B-Visa fee etc.) I knoow of Chinese teachers who flew over with e-mails promising them 20 k. Upon arrival, the "Remuneration Committee" changed that to 18,000 THB. "Just during the probation period". And afterwards, they "{forgot" or had some difficulties adjusting the salaries upwards.

Moreover, I recall reading here of mass firings the last week at universities.

Cui bono? Will the schools return monies paid for the month of March return to Bangkok? whistling.gif

Wicked all of it. Now we don't have any replies from the agent so our assumptions are to be believed. It was an impulse posting which involved a house of paper cards which came crumbling down within a few hours. Oh well, on to the next web site. Meanwhile the students suffer but in reality, enjoy all the free time as no substitute teachers have been arranged. Think of the money being saved by the schools and the Kingdom in general.

Is it me or are the salaries not increasing but the workloads are? Seems like schools/agencies are angry and bitter that foreigners aren't biting so they'll punish the ones who do by overworking them. "How dare the farang think he calls the shots? It's an honour to work here and when I say jump, you'll say 'how high?'"

Som nam na indeed. I hope a lot of the agencies fold and the schools hurt. You've had your way for far too long and you took advantage. Hey! Maybe karma is a real thing.

"This I assume includes....." bad to make that assumption. Probably you take care of the travel and give them the receipts then they say too expensive not paying. That leaves you where exactly?

Anyone wanting to teach here for what they view as a low salary is suspect in the first place, anyone wanting to in the south where many teachers have been murdered by Islamic separatists has to to a little mad

anyone wanting to in the south where many teachers have been murdered by Islamic separatists has to to a little mad

These vacancies are not in the border areas, but Phattalung, Trang etc. No=one has ever been killed there by Islamic separatists because there are none - the local Muslim population are Thai Muslims, not 'Malaysian' separatist Muslims.

Wicked all of it. Now we don't have any replies from the agent so our assumptions are to be believed. It was an impulse posting which involved a house of paper cards which came crumbling down within a few hours. Oh well, on to the next web site. Meanwhile the students suffer but in reality, enjoy all the free time as no substitute teachers have been arranged. Think of the money being saved by the schools and the Kingdom in general.

"A house of cards, which came tumbling down".

:-)

To quote another famous American, "Can't we all just get along?" (Rodney King)

The agent stated he/she was done wrong by some people who had agreed to the terms and even signed contracts. Agents don't even have contracts with teachers last time I checked?

What sort of "room" do you expect? One at one of those ocean front hotels with the swimming pool outside your porch like they have in Krabi(one of the areas mentioned)? No, of course not. It's going to be a 2000 Baht a month Thai room, no AC, limited if any furniture, squat toilet and no hot water. You want more? Great, so does everyone. Pay for it.

How can you have the VISA already if you don't even have the position, contract, and a letter etc. from the school? Only with the use of a good legal office and as I said, some 80,000.Baht is the current fee structure to "take care everything". It can be done.

It isn't open to "interpretation"...any idiot can see it's the lowest elements seeking their level, both the agent, schools, and "teachers". They will find each other. The school found the agent diba?

Why would he/she even bother posting such an item on this forum? It's Thai Visa, not a real "teachers" or teaching in Thailand site. Very few looking for teaching positions look on here for them, or do they?

Incorrect quote.

"People, I just want to say, can we all get along? Can we get along?" - correct quote.

:-)

I have removed the email address as email addresses are not permitted on the open forum. Please use the PM function if you are interested.

I helped recruit for one of our sister schools located in the south and had to spend some time at the new school. The general area the OP is talking about is safe from any problems related to the insurgency in the deep south.

For reasons which I don't really understand, recruiting for the South is rather hard. We had very few applicants, although the school was situated in a lovely area with easy access to an airport, beaches and some of the heavily toured islands. We also had problems with people agreeing to placement and then backing out at the last minute. The teachers who went there are very happy with their decision and nothing but good things to say about the area.

It's not clear what the OP is offering exactly, but for those that are interested, get in contact with him for more information. Generally, a room allowance means you get an amount of money to find your own accommodation. Otherwise, most places advertise as 'housing provided'. I assume from what was stated that there is a separate amount over the salary for housing.

There are variations in the non-B, but generally the school will have to provide the paperwork and the non-B is for a specific school, so if you don't work there, it cannot be transferred to a different school.

A police clearance is generally needed to get the non-B visa, again different embassies have different rules. We have not had to get a police clearance for any of the female teachers but have for the male teachers.

I have removed the email address as email addresses are not permitted on the open forum. Please use the PM function if you are interested.

I helped recruit for one of our sister schools located in the south and had to spend some time at the new school. The general area the OP is talking about is safe from any problems related to the insurgency in the deep south.

For reasons which I don't really understand, recruiting for the South is rather hard. We had very few applicants, although the school was situated in a lovely area with easy access to an airport, beaches and some of the heavily toured islands. We also had problems with people agreeing to placement and then backing out at the last minute. The teachers who went there are very happy with their decision and nothing but good things to say about the area.

It's not clear what the OP is offering exactly, but for those that are interested, get in contact with him for more information. Generally, a room allowance means you get an amount of money to find your own accommodation. Otherwise, most places advertise as 'housing provided'. I assume from what was stated that there is a separate amount over the salary for housing.

There are variations in the non-B, but generally the school will have to provide the paperwork and the non-B is for a specific school, so if you don't work there, it cannot be transferred to a different school.

A police clearance is generally needed to get the non-B visa, again different embassies have different rules. We have not had to get a police clearance for any of the female teachers but have for the male teachers.

I have read much about extremism in the south of Thailand. I have been to Phuket and love it there. It also seems a tad expensive living expense-wise. Krabi seems like it may be a good compromise. It is hard for me to imagine having trouble filling jobs in such a beautiful place. Would you consider that a safe area regarding extremism? And I ask that only knowing what I have heard from my wife and read here- most of it very subjective.

The Deep South is considered to be the Three southern most provinces of Yala, Pattani and Narwattiwat. Those are the problem areas and I would advise people to exercise care in taking a position or working in those provinces. Hat Yai in Songkhla province has had some occasional problems but much further north of there seems to be quite safe.

The Southern provinces were part of an independent kingdom, the Kingdom of Pattani in the past and the inhabitants are largely ethnic Malay. They tend not to see themselves as Thai and Thai is not their native tongue. In most respects, it is a separatist movement with religious overtones. As such, there isn't much evidence they wish to take their fight for separation out of the Deep South.

There has been a lot more mixing of foreigners and Issarn people than foreigners and people further south. In my limited time there, I didn't see many foreigners, except for tourists traveling through. The school we opened is rather well known and has a strong English component. When a school is opened we generally get a fair amount of traffic from foreign parents, usually mixed Thai-foreign marriages. Even if they don't enroll their children, they do come by and take a look, talk to the staff etc.. This was largely absent in the South. I met one foreign parent. While staying there, I saw very few foreigners (except those getting off at the airport and catching buses to the Ferry Pier to the Islands).

In other areas, there is usually a significant core of foreigners. The South, outside the tourist areas, seems to have less of this. There also seems to be less industry and thus fewer international companies or those supplying international markets.

But as far as safety, I would have no issues outside the Deep South. The area is beautiful and pleasant.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot more than Thai teachers earn, and minus a degree needed. Teach back home and see how you like that whistling.gif

You have gotta have a degree - and then there won't be a contribution to a retirement fund.

The other day, I was asked by a middle aged Thai Maths treacher. A: 25 k. He said "43 k" and he will have access to low interest credit at his cooperative and get retirement... OTOH, young Thai teachers barely get minimum wage!

from holders of a valid "B" visa, sorry if i did not explained clearly

if u are already in possess of it

good night

Are you therefore saying that "visa support" as promised in your first post is not, in fact, available and that you/the 'schools' cannot provide the paperwork needed to obtain a "B" visa ?

Can a non b visa obtained with docs from school "a" be used to teach at school "b" ?
No.. you have to start the whole process over again. Including the temp teachers permit and the work permit. Nothing carries over.

It wasn't like that 15 years ago. I transferred everything over from a school to another school where I am now. Never had to leave the country. No syph test, no police clearance, no bs. But salaries have hardly changed! And they wonder where all the experienced expat teachers are. I can tell you, they find a good school and stay there for the long term. Most new teachers are on a gap year and work through an agency.....but that's a whole new thread.

Can a non b visa obtained with docs from school "a" be used to teach at school "b" ?
No.. you have to start the whole process over again. Including the temp teachers permit and the work permit. Nothing carries over.

It wasn't like that 15 years ago. I transferred everything over from a school to another school where I am now. Never had to leave the country. No syph test, no police clearance, no bs. But salaries have hardly changed! And they wonder where all the experienced expat teachers are. I can tell you, they find a good school and stay there for the long term. Most new teachers are on a gap year and work through an agency.....but that's a whole new thread.

Yes, if you have a Non-B visa it is not tied to any employer and as long as your permission to stay based on that Non-B is valid, then you can use it for a new employer.

WOW 30,000 Baht .....Big Incentive.....

NOT.......

Why are you ridiculing 30,000.Baht a month?

The agent indicated all costs related to the VISA, Work Permit, and TCT waiver will be paid by him/her as well as housing provided at no cost to the teacher. This I assume includes travel and hotel expenses related to travel to Bangkok or abroad for the VISA. All said, a good deal as long as they can do all this. Usually a good legal office charges 80,000.Baht to take care of it all so I'm sure the Agency has same and will absorb this if they choose to do it the easy way, with money. After all, the school is going to pay them well for providing the Native English speaking qualified experienced teachers.

The whole offer sounds so ridiculous that I wouldn't even drive down the south for an interview.

Archived