Swedish guy poked a handicapped Thai woman in the eye, claims Facebook user

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not all farang are good she said. Deport him. I guess it's easier to deport 1 Swede than 50 % of thainess haha

Whoever claimed that "all farang are good" to begin with? OK, so it's nice enough of her to think that way but seriously western society has been in moral decline for decades and that has produced it's fair share of trash over the years. Some of this trash has made it's way over here and this guy isn't the first case.

I believe western society was pretty good prior to around the 1940s or so but I'm not old enough to remember that.

Any 100 years old here to give us a story about how much better western society used to be like in the early parts of the 20th century? LOL

I witnessed an assault today. 5 Thai young guys on a single Thai taxi driver. I saw one reaching for what was probably a knife in his pocket and another trying to take a bat away from the driver to continue the beating. The driver was seriously injured. Best I could do was video the incident as becoming a second victim would not have helped anyone. I am in contact already with police and hopefully something will come of my assistance. I wish I could have done more but it was a suicide mission. I wish I had been there when this foreigner attacked this women though. Those odds I am willing to accept. With relish.

Have you read the tread today about taxi Thai drivers ?

p.s I don't condone gang bashing. Cowards way of dealing with a bad situation.

Actually I have missed it and usually taxi drivers drive me nuts. I never understand how someone who drives for a living can drive so badly (in any country mind you). But from what I saw, this was a dispute of infringing on personal space and no vehicles ever made contact. The driver stopped to discuss the dispute but quickly realized he was outnumbered. He re-entered his van and tried to drive off but was cut off by the mob who beat him without mercy. Believe me, I wanted to be in my country, carrying my licensed firearm, but as a second class citizen here I was helpless. At any rate, no one deserves a 3 on 1 beating for and accident. I can tell you, this guys head was split wide open, and for what?

Stuff like this is why I'm so nervous to drive in Thailand. And being a foreigner you know you are in for a beat down

<deleted> lawless

Nonsense. It's probably safer for you to drive here than rely on unscrupulous taxi drivers who try to beat you up for not agreeing to pay their highly inflated fare.

I've been in minor accidents here and there was never any problem, everything settled in a civilized fashion. I've seen plenty of accidents here and never once did anyone try to beat someone for crashing into them.

Taxi drivers are in a league of their own though.

I'm not surprised no Thai "man" showed up to help. The swede wasn't drunk lying down almost fainted so they could come 4-5 of them to kick him. But he looks like a Achilles tendon of a sparrow so someone could have had the guts to take him down.

Take a look at the picture again, looks like he had a haircut not to long ago. Seriously doubt he is a street person. Ones again my bet is valium and alcohol which he probably enjoyed in his hotel room, then things went downhill and he wandered off and did a very stupid thing which he wont remember.

That sounds like a legal defense by some sleazy lawyer.
Hmm I just think its what happened. The circumstances are not the least bit mitigating, that was not my point, quite the opposite. If he is mentally ill he doesn't deserve a harsh punishment or some street justice like the keyboard warriors in the thread are suggesting.

Psychosis again. I will say what I say every time: When will there be a study done on why so many 20-30 somethings develop psychosis when they come to Thailand?

On a side note, I see this woman every day. It's disgusting the way she is wheeled out into the boiling heat and used as a way to collect money. Often her injuries are weeping and she should be in a care facility being properly nursed of at the expense of the tax payer.

Take a look at the picture again, looks like he had a haircut not to long ago. Seriously doubt he is a street person. Ones again my bet is valium and alcohol which he probably enjoyed in his hotel room, then things went downhill and he wandered off and did a very stupid thing which he wont remember.

could be. im not claiming or even suggesting what his disorder might be but as he seems to be young the age of onset of schizophrenia for males is 18-26 http://www.schizophrenia.com/szfacts.htm#

many can do ok as long as they dont miss their medication or if other substances dont mix-interfere with their medication.

Seems like a soap story.

In a nutshell, scumbag, soap dodging backpacker has too much to drink and commits the all-to-common henious crime of poking someone in the eye. I remember the Thai version a month back when one (no a pack) got drunk and poked a pensioner in the eye (oh no again they kicked and stamped on her head).

She "probably" was a burns victim. The poke in the eye made her bleed??? The dirty looking vermin stood and was restrained by her talking to him for 5 minutes.

Something tells me that she's over-dramatizing this for her own sake.

I hate backpackers especially when they look like this one. I'd publically castrate him on Kho Sarn road just for looking like that and stick his private bits on a secret map to a secret island where other like-minded dirty backpackers can seek solitude and Ed Sheeran. However........this story doesn't add up. The one thing they got right is Thai men aren't man enough to fight a foreigner unless they're in a pack or weilding weapons.

just because he doesnt have a pot belly, a chang beer tank top and tattoos does not make him a backpacker. LOL

All kidding aside what is the criteria you used to assign him as being a backpacker? fyi; many of those backpackers are serious university students on a budget.

not saying what his problem may be, take schizophrenia for example, average onset in men 18-26 years old. can surely create the state he is apparently in looking at his photo.

theres many an intelligent schizophrenic that can fall into the state this man appears to be in. could be any one of our sons, daughters, mothers or fathers, keep in mind.

the man in the story could just as easily been a John Forbes Nash Jr.. Nash is a schizophrenic Princeton University Nobel prize winning mathematical genius whom the Russel Crowe movie "a beautiful mind" was based on. a very moving true story.. the entire movie can be seen on youtube.

ps; i have seen that woman. yes she had major burns on her head/face and she is often placed in the direct sun to get donations. they should at least attach an umbrella to her wheelchair.

Edited by atyclb

I don't even want to stand in line next to those who are not acclimatized, much less get into a fight or wrestling match with them.

But you're not a typical 100% Thai. You were educated abroad and think like a Westerner and of course have the Thai/Chinese feeling of superiority.

There are two sides to each story.

Before condemning the kid, I think we need to hear his side of the story, or from other bystanders.

Of course, if this all turns out to be true, he should go to a temple and make merit - that's what Thais do when they kill multiple people ...

Bloody funny ????? I totally & utterly agree?

The guy needs help, not criticism...

Easy to slaughter from the relative comfort of your 'keyboard'.

Who believes this tosh reporting, a few photographs, idle reporting, bit of antagonism...

I hope he is in good and safe hands...shame on you perfect creatures out there.

Good night.

Actually I believe anyone who is being a nuisance, touches or attacks someone at random should be punished. Yes, he should be helped but please spare us the bleeding hearts liberal "Stockholm syndrome" claptrap.

If I had seen the exchange I would have pushed him or helped restrain him and called the police to come and get him.

Thai society has enough problems without foreign vermin adding to the problems we already have here.

I take it you walk on water? I sincerely hope he is in better hands than 'yours'.

Stockholm syndrome? What has this to do with hostage taking and captors?

You've a very special set of skills...your village clearly needs you back...

Who believes this tosh reporting, a few photographs, idle reporting, bit of antagonism...

Good night.

Actually I believe anyone who is being a nuisance, touches or attacks someone at random should be punished. Yes, he should be helped but please spare us the bleeding hearts liberal "Stockholm syndrome" claptrap.

If I had seen the exchange I would have pushed him or helped restrain him and called the police to come and get him.

Thai society has enough problems without foreign vermin adding to the problems we already have here.

I take it you walk on water? I sincerely hope he is in better hands than 'yours'.

I suggest you return to Lancashire where you should poke someone in the eye. I believe you know what would happen to your sorry a*s before you were arrested,

Good night.

I suggest you return to Lancashire where you should poke someone in the eye. I believe you know what would happen to your sorry a*s before you were arrested,

So you are clearly unsure on your thread content? Never mind, there's always yourself to play with...foolish little boy.

What's only been mentioned once is that this lady is part of a huge problem in Thailand with organized begging. Street kids being basically kidnapped by organized gangs, etc. I've even heard stories of people who had their limbs intentionally cut off. Luckily the Thai police have cracked down on these gangs, but you still see the same women and kids around sukhumvit

Edited by Cook my sock

Psychosis again. I will say what I say every time: When will there be a study done on why so many 20-30 somethings develop psychosis when they come to Thailand?

On a side note, I see this woman every day. It's disgusting the way she is wheeled out into the boiling heat and used as a way to collect money. Often her injuries are weeping and she should be in a care facility being properly nursed of at the expense of the tax payer.

There's a boy with really bad cerebral palsy in Udon, and it's not obvious that a family with an adult that badly disabled and with limited resources can do much else.

Consular assistance and surrendering to the cops is what he has to do. He's in a lot more danger than he probably realises.

Has anyone forwarded this to the consulate? I don't think you can assume that they know.

Edited by Craig krup