Bottled OJ Contains Fecal Bacteria

snoop1130

Bottled OJ Contains Fecal Bacteria
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14646934601464693479l.jpg

Security officers arrest Vietnamese nationals on May 23 in Saraburi province for producing orange juice without a proper permit.

BANGKOK — Good news: Lab tests found orange juice confiscated from an illegal production ring last week was the real stuff after all, and not fake OJ as widely reported. The bad news? It contains bacteria commonly found in animal feces and therefore violates food safety laws.

And worse news: The Department of Medical Science ran the same tests on 12 other samples of OJ collected randomly from the Bangkok metropolitan area and found the same fecal bacteria in some of them.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1464693460

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-05-31

To the director of medical science and the Food and Drug Administration. Thumbs up for a job well done. Our orange juice is safe from the Vietnamese migrant poisoners. I feel safe now in Los. "Ahh, breath in the clear fresh air. Zzzzzz, zzzzz, damn mozzies, zzzz, shhh, zzika. Shhh!"

I don't believe that at all.The thais make that up because they hate it if anybody none thai selling a good or better product.Thais normaly only cry and complain about how bad life treats them.Failed state

Only buy food and drinks from Thai street vendors.

All Thai street vendors adhere to ISO 9001 quality standards at all times.

The same cannot be said of foreign vendors, particularly those from inferior, poorer neighbouring nations such as Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam.

Anyone who has ever suffered from gastric issues in Thailand is guilty of frequenting foreign owned stalls.

This has absolutely nothing to do with business conflicts over turf or rising levels of right wing nationalism.

Hahaha, some desperate folks out there. The old tried and true "arrest some foreigners " plan is totally backfiring now. First the police get outed for taking bribes, then that is swept under the rug. Now it turns out they weren't even selling fake juice - it must be a Thai - only profession afterall! Now this shitty little excuse to save some face and scare people into buying the fake Thai stuff.

Its hard not to feel embarrassed for the police on a daily basis.

I read more and more about fecal bacteria in this and that here and in America and it's hard for me to believe. Perhaps in America, but not here.

I've lived here for going on 10 years.

I've always brushed my teeth with the city water in Bangkok.

I assume some restaurants use city water in their coffee. Never a problem.

I've drank a bottled of orange juice weekly in bangkok and occassionally in Pattaya for 10 years.

I've never had any stomach sickness here like I had in Vietnam and Central America.

In fact the only illness I've had here in 10 years was the common cold, flu like symptoms occassionally.

I've never had any friends complain about fecal poisoning/sickness in 10 years.

I lived with a Thai women for 4 years and had a relationship with her for 7 years and she had a home in Surin and traveled to local villages and she never came down with any fecal sickness.

And I'm 69 years old!

Edited by Kabula

If animal fecal bacteria killed people, most of Esaan population would be dead. Here in Esaan when a cow is slaughtered they drain the intestines and sell its contents in small plastic bags. Some people cook it with their food and other people use it like a sauce (not cooked) . If you don't believe me, ask your wife or gf. They probably eat it and have never told you. Maybe they put it in your food also.

Edited by Pimay1

Since this story first surfaced from thai forum, I've concluded that thais love to post fake stories that are not verified or just create their own story without knowing the truth..... if they found feces, its most likely human feces. My wife told me many girls don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom in Thailand. As for men, I would say 90% of them wash their hands based on what I observed.

I read more and more about fecal bacteria in this and that here and in America and it's hard for me to believe. Perhaps in America, but not here.

I've lived here for going on 10 years.

I've always brushed my teeth with the city water in Bangkok.

I assume some restaurants use city water in their coffee. Never a problem.

I've drank a bottled of orange juice weekly in bangkok and occassionally in Pattaya for 10 years.

I've never had any stomach sickness here like I had in Vietnam and Central America.

In fact the only illness I've had here in 10 years was the common cold, flu like symptoms occassionally.

I've never had any friends complain about fecal poisoning/sickness in 10 years.

I lived with a Thai women for 4 years and had a relationship with her for 7 years and she had a home in Surin and traveled to local villages and she never came down with any fecal sickness.

And I'm 69 years old!

It's not the bacteria you need worry about, it's the sugar!!

A lot of research and some interesting results have revealed faecal transplants to be a useful tool for improving gastro-intestinal problems (when the bacteria are 'good' strains).

There are more bacteria (by number) in the body than there are human cells - weighing several kilograms!! Improving your gut flora is one of the best things you can do for your health!

To the director of medical science and the Food and Drug Administration. Thumbs up for a job well done. Our orange juice is safe from the Vietnamese migrant poisoners. I feel safe now in Los. "Ahh, breath in the clear fresh air. Zzzzzz, zzzzz, damn mozzies, zzzz, shhh, zzika. Shhh!"

Point taken.

On the other hand, why aren't the various government agencies monitoring and checking these things every day and taking appropriate actions / why aren't the senior officials of these agencies proactively building / strengthening an infrastructure to continuously test these products?

Seems to me the agencies involved are totally derelict and are more at fault than anybody in this scenario.