Koh Tao murders appeal reveals shocking new evidence suggesting unfair trial and wrongful conviction

webfact

Thailand is at the lowest edge of judicial corruption in this case...how an professional judge, that sat, and delivered his decision of guilt in the case, can live with this case on his history chart, and continue to believe he has been rational and honest in his verdict guilty decision, belies the realms of his professional providence.

It would appear that there is a more than a definate possibility, he was wrong.............som nom na.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems some people are using this forum to entertain themselves. What a sad life they must have ! (Decide for yourself who I'm referring to)

Have a look at this:

attachicon.gifFINAL KOH TAO JUDGEMENT (English).pdf

It appears that:

Everything the police said was regarded as concrete evidence

Anything the defendants said was regarded as lies

Relevant documents presented by the defense were ignored

It seems that a lot of evidence including CCTV, clothing, hairs etc. were not presented by the prosecution but the report does state that the last time the deceased were seen was in a certain bar.

'According to the CCTV footage, the Second Deceased was found walking into the AC Bar with her friends at 00.15 hrs, whereas the Second Deceased walked into the AC Bar at 02.08.37 hrs. Thereafter, both Deceased were never found walking out of the Bar until their bodies were found.'

Quote TheLobster, "It seems some people are using this forum to entertain themselves. What a sad life they must have ! (Decide for yourself who I'm referring to)" and "It seems that some people are here for entertainment and .... to antagonize/provoke posters".
Seems like your posts are right on the button and some people are here purely for their entertainment/fun. That someone can enjoy antagonising and provoking people in an emotive situation where two young folk have been brutally murdered and two Burmese men have been found guilty and possibly face the death penalty in a farce of a trial, is sad, very, very sad. Agree with your comment on the sort of life they must have.
Quote JLCrab, "BTW if I have any agenda in all this it is simple: I enjoy taking a position in social media...............".

That's right -- I enjoy seeing self-righteous self-important persons make fools of themselves in assuming they know or on on a holy mission for the truth and that anyone who might disagree with them is a troll or a person with a sad lonely life or that they have a fundamental misunderstanding of Thai behavior a great understanding of which they presume to have themselves.

Two young persons have been brutally murdered and they should treated with the proper decorum but that doesn't mean that anyone who choses to write or express their opinion unfounded or otherwise about those murders should be de facto treated with the same decorum.

The mod on here has many times noted that nothing that gets written on here will almost surely make any difference in the eventual outcome and people on here continue to ignore that advisement.

That's right -- I enjoy seeing self-righteous self-important persons make fools of themselves in assuming they know or on on a holy mission for the truth and that anyone who might disagree with them is a troll or a person with a sad lonely life or that they have a fundamental misunderstanding of Thai behavior a great understanding of which they presume to have themselves.

Two young persons have been brutally murdered and they should treated with the proper decorum but that doesn't mean that anyone who choses to write or express their opinion unfounded or otherwise about those murders should be de facto treated with the same decorum.

The mod on here has many times noted that nothing that gets written on here will almost surely make any difference in the eventual outcome and people on here continue to ignore that advisement.

It does make a difference... for us at least, call us what you want, we don't care about your judgment. It keeps the story alive and when people are looking for information about Koh Tao that you seem to defend so much, some of them might end up on a TV thread by the magic of google...

I now at least I do my part in preventing anybody I know and care about to spend a minute and 1 baht on this filthy place.

The fact you clearly and unequivocaly said you enjoyed antagonizing people here who don't accept the verdict and the joke of a trial that took place is quite revealing.

I have no respect for you and the fact someone like you keeps defending the death island makes me like this place even less if it is possible.

Thank you . I have said that what I enjoy is watching people make fools of themselves. The Daily Mail said in a 2016 story about 'Murders in Paradise' documentary that 750, 000 persons from UK visit Koh Tao each year. If you look on Tripadvisor, which I did for the first time yesterday, you will see in months of Forum pages not one hint that KT is dangerous place.

So I agree that maybe it does make a difference to you but even at this late date it doesn't seem to make much a difference to anyone else who decides to visit KT.

But maybe one of those persons who is sitting on tangible evidence to out the real killers will someday overcome their fear of retribution and come forward to give those responsible but what they genuinely deserve -- if there is such a person. But I do enjoy reading all the convoluted explanations as to why they won't.

The fact that he never, ever makes fun of posters who make ridiculous, completely unsubstantiated claims about evidence 'proving' the B2's guilt is more than telling. It renders his claimed stance absurd, and gives away his real agenda.

The fact that he never, ever makes fun of posters who make ridiculous, completely unsubstantiated claims about evidence 'proving' the B2's guilt is more than telling. It renders his claimed stance absurd, and gives away his real agenda.

Hey you guys do a job enough of that yourselves -- I'm just here for equal time.

I'm more interested when there is wide collective opinion such as that, even though everyone agrees that large sums of money have been paid to prop up the current investigation and judicial proceedings, with all that money and maybe scores of persons in on the collusion, not one person has made one stupid mistake or been overheard talking by the wrong person or any other tangible evidence that such monies have been paid -- which is the same net as if no monies had been paid.

Nor even from page 1 of this very topic where it states "There is no evidence to suggest the female victim was raped ..." which means that no one else may have raped her either which hardly syncs with the commonly accepted scenario as to the whys, hows, and whos of the person or persons who actually committed the crimes.

Desperate Han claims to know the B2 are innocent but instead of making a case to prove there innocence attacks posters claiming they have an agenda.

Already it has been proved the lab was ISO registered the DNA test times were not impossible the next myth that will proved wrong in the retrial will be the testing procedure.

The only way the B2 will be leaving prison is inside a coffin.

We have discussed this case in details over the years , and there's nothing new here , except for 196 pages from the defense for the upcoming appeal .

And yes we all know that the Thai police and forensic did not handle this case very well . A lot of mistakes were made.

But that doesn't mean that B2 are completely innocent, even if they are not the killers.

The only facts we know is that they went to the beach that night , they buy some cigarettes and were drinking and playing guitar near AC bar which means not far from the murder scene,. That's all we know really . Then they went back home to sleep and well..... that phone that was found in the sand you know etc. etc.

Real CCTV footage . real DNA . some real solid evidence is needed, or we can speculate for the rest of our lives.

We can speculate as above and the Samui Court Judges can speculate as in this summary from the Samui Court 24 December 2015 decision pgs. 36-37:

Under the testimony of both Defendants that claimed that after drinking beer they both wanted to go home and so decided to walk home, but that then both went for a swim in the sea late at night while it was raining lightly, as the First Defendant has (testified), this is unusual for normal people to do under such circumstances, and thus the testimonies are not credible. This gives rise to the belief that their behaviour must instead have been conducted in a way to destroy evidence on the bodies of both the Defendants. Because neither of the defendants have any evidence to support their alibi then it appears only as an invalid alibi argument.
The difference between speculating on ThaiVisa and the Judge's speculation is that they are the Judges and anyone posting on here is not.

On the subject of judges on Koh Samui and how they come to their verdicts, wasn't the justice head honcho on Koh Samui assassinated during this case? Did the authorities ever get to the bottom of that assassination?

The above 10 points come directly from Kuhn Nid Bergmann's summary of the Defense Appeal document recently submitted. This travesty of justice is being kept in the public eye for those who read ThaiVisa.com for sure. However I would guess for anyone not already familiar with this travesty of justice, maybe 100 or more look at this page where it is not even mentioned in the Forum comments going back at least the 6 months that i have looked:

Koh Tao Travel Forum

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g303910-i9415-o40-Koh_Tao_Surat_Thani_Province.html

The above 10 points come directly from Kuhn Nid Bergmann's summary of the Defense Appeal document recently submitted. This travesty of justice is being kept in the public eye for those who read ThaiVisa.com for sure. However I would guess for anyone not already familiar with this travesty of justice, maybe 100 or more look at this page where it is not even mentioned in the Forum comments going back at least the 6 months that i have looked:

Koh Tao Travel Forum

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g303910-i9415-o40-Koh_Tao_Surat_Thani_Province.html

This is because Tripadvisor censors these comments. At the beginning of the case there were a lot of comments and TA shut the page down. I and others have subsequently remarked on the dangers on this island and the comments have been deleted as I have noted on here previously. TA has a vested interest in whitewashing KT and Thailand in general (as, apparently, do some of the posters on this thread).

Koh Tao Travel Forum

This is because Tripadvisor censors these comments. At the beginning of the case there were a lot of comments and TA shut the page down. I and others have subsequently remarked on the dangers on this island and the comments have been deleted as I have noted on here previously. TA has a vested interest in whitewashing KT and Thailand in general (as, apparently, do some of the posters on this thread).

Sure but people go to TripAdvisor for their info and not ThaiVisa so if they haven't been scared off by The Daily Mail and TV4 you'd better try somewhere else to reach the masses and dissuade them from the KT Pub Crawl, etc.

From The Telegraph 21 April 2016:

Murder in Paradise (Channel 4) was an outrage-inducing exposé of the grubby underbelly of Thai backpacker haven Koh Tao, as evidenced by the bungled police investigation into the double murder of tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller in 2014. Director Tom Stone unveiled a grim tale of local corruption, incompetence and cover-up.

So I don't see how posting on ThaiVisa the same points over and over from Kuhn Bergman's Appeal summary is going to reach any more people than that.

True that anything posted here on Thai Visa, or other social media will not have any direct influence the eventual outcome…..

However, indirectly it is influential. The powers that be in Thailand, and influential others would have liked to see the case quietly tried and sentence passed so they could announce to the world that justice was done, and Thailand's reputation was restored…… Never mind that a pair Burmese minority migrants were scapegoats used to conceal the inconvenient truth.

Airing the case on here and elsewhere ensure that the case does not get forgotten and that people do continue to contribute to the defence of the Burmese lads one way or another. It keeps alive the chance they are eventually freed, albeit destitute, and deported to pick up the pieces of their lives.

Unfortunately that will likely take years, as the Statute of Limitations winds down. In the end, though the Millers may have found closure, it is likely there will never truly be justice for this sordid affair.

True that anything posted here on Thai Visa, or other social media will not have any direct influence the eventual outcome…..

However, indirectly it is influential. The powers that be in Thailand, and influential others would have liked to see the case quietly tried and sentence passed so they could announce to the world that justice was done, and Thailand's reputation was restored…

<snip>

The Daily Mail figure in their April 19 2016 article on the Murder in Paradise documentary noted that 750,000 Britons travel to Koh Tao each year so, at least from a tourism point of view, if doesn't seem that there was any reputation that needed to be restored.

However, indirectly it is influential. The powers that be in Thailand, and influential others would have liked to see the case quietly tried and sentence passed so they could announce to the world that justice was done, and Thailand's reputation was restored…

<snip>

The Daily Mail figure in their April 19 2016 article on the Murder in Paradise documentary noted that 750.000 Britons travel to Koh Tao each year so at least fro a tourism point of view, if doesn't seem that there was any reputation needed to be restored.

Nothing to do with Koh Tao. All to do with the reputation of the RTP, Thai justice and certain individuals. Sadly, this sorry case has done a good job of keeping that sorry reputation intact.

A proper, transparently conducted appeal, and admission of errors made along the way would be a small step towards reputation rehabilitation, but is it going to happen? Dunno, but if there is no pressure from forums such as this, there would be no chance…..

Which is why certain people would like to see them silenced.

I have said that the case against the B2, especially for a capital murder case, comes way short of proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt and should overturned. As for whether the B2 are truly non-complicit in any of these crimes, I don't know for sure and I don't see how and on what basis anyone else can say other than that either.

The lead defense lawyer Nakon Chomphuchat told The Guardian 23 November 2014:

“If I thought they had done it I couldn’t work for them,” he told the Guardian. “Of course, no one can ever say with 100% accuracy, but I’m pretty certain they didn’t.”

But it seems 100% accuracy is not a problem for those on here.

I have said that the case against the B2, especially for a capital murder case, comes way short of proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt and should overturned. As for whether the B2 are truly non-complicit in any of these crimes, I don't know for sure and I don't see how and on what basis anyone else can say other than that either.

“If I thought they had done it I couldn’t work for them,” he told the Guardian. “Of course, no one can ever say with 100% accuracy, but I’m pretty certain they didn’t.”

Even less important for those investigating and prosecuting the crime; inaccuracy would seem to better serve their purposes. They lost, mislaid, "used up", fudged, withheld or otherwise avoided verifiable evidence that may have pointed to the probable innocence of the B2….. and more importantly could probably have implicated certain others.

With different interpretations possible, little can be deemed 100% accurate, including the much trumpeted DNA. It is more a case of the balance of probability.

It seems probable to me and many others, that the B2 had no involvement with the crime beyond having been, at some stage that night, within 60 metres of where it was discovered.

If probable is OK with .you then probable is OK by me, Stay tuned for the Appeals Court verdict maybe sometime next year with or without a response from the Prosecution to the Appeal as submitted by the Defense.

Maybe keep in mind, no matter how inconclusive is any of the physical evidence in the case, the Samui Court, as I posted a few pages back, in their 24 DEC 2015 summary verdict all but called the testimony of the 2 accused as to their alibi that evening to be a bunch of porkies if that is the proper UK terminology.

Even less important for those investigating and prosecuting the crime; inaccuracy would seem to better serve their purposes. They lost, mislaid, "used up", fudged, withheld or otherwise avoided verifiable evidence that may have pointed to the probable innocence of the B2….. and more importantly could probably have implicated certain others.

With different interpretations possible, little can be deemed 100% accurate, including the much trumpeted DNA. It is more a case of the balance of probability.

It seems probable to me and many others, that the B2 had no involvement with the crime beyond having been, at some stage that night, within 60 metres of where it was discovered.

You can say that about everyone , both Burmese and Thais on that island. No evidence whatsoever. Even the son Nomsod that was a suspect and was proved to be in Bangkok , if you trust the CCTV and reports, and the DNA test.

But of course we don't trust anything coming from the police and the forensic , do we? So we're back to square one, we can imagine who did it , some crazy drugged people that killed for fun ?

Surely it can't be innocent looking Burmese boys can it?

Thailand is at the lowest edge of judicial corruption in this case...how an professional judge, that sat, and delivered his decision of guilt in the case, can live with this case on his history chart, and continue to believe he has been rational and honest in his verdict guilty decision, belies the realms of his professional providence.

It would appear that there is a more than a definate possibility, he was wrong.............som nom na.

"...........how an professional judge, that sat, and delivered his decision of guilt in the case, can live with this case on his history chart, and continue to believe he has been rational and honest in his verdict guilty decision, belies the realms of his professional providence".

You are supposing that this judge has a conscience, however that is something which is easily overcome in Thailand by the payment of money, saving of face, bowing to the powers that be and corruption.

Forget about that Judge having any second thoughts about this case whatsoever, especially in a country where you can be killed just in order for someone to "save face".

Quote, "I have said that the case against the B2, especially for a capital murder case, comes way short of proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt and should overturned".

Now, that's what I enjoy!!

Quote, "As for whether the B2 are truly non-complicit in any of these crimes, I don't know for sure and I don't see how and on what basis anyone else can say other than that either".

I and I think many others are not arguing that point, more that the court case has been an absolute farce, with no evidence whatsoever implicating the two Burmese and that the judge has simply brushed aside evidence presented by the defence and made his own decision based on...........nothing at all (or money and pressure perhaps).

Way before any of the posts and threads were underway, and when the murders were committed, I saw pics of the contaminated crime scene, the fact that non-forensically trained police were collecting "evidence", the supposed murder weapon which was photographed at the scene, and an entirely different weapon presented as evidence, and the puncture wounds in the back of the young man's head and knew very well that this case should never have been allowed to reach the trial stage and in just about any other country In the world it would have been thrown out – – that's what many of the posters on here believe and for others just to look past all of these facts (and many more) which I and many others have already detailed seems inflammatory and disrespectful to the deceased and indeed those unfairly convicted.

Why not take enjoyment by shooting down the key elements of the prosecution case rather than inflame the passions of others who believe there has been a total miscarriage of justice.

Because this is Thailand and this website is not your show -- you and others seem to act like the actions of the Court are less important than your passions about what you think about what is or is not.

Maybe the Court has made their decision because, like the preliminary Court on Boxing Day 2014, they don't like being lied to and that's what they think: That because the Prosecution's case is full of holes the Defendants can come in and give answers and testimony that the Court flat out doesn't believe ... and whether it's Thailand or US and a judge panel or a Jury, once they feel they aren't getting straight answers from the defendants those defendants are in big trouble.

At the Boxing Day 2014 prelim the Judge seems to have practically pleaded with the B2: Please give me something as to why this case should not go forward and he got nothing but we know nuthin' and here we are

Because this is Thailand and this website is not your show -- you and others seem to act like the actions of the Court are less important than your passions about what you think about what is or is not.

Maybe the Court has made their decision because, like the preliminary Court on Boxing Day 2014, they don't like being lied to and that's what they think: That because the Prosecution's case is full of holes the Defendants can come in and give answers and testimony that the Court flat out doesn't believe ... and whether it's Thailand or US and a judge panel or a Jury, once they feel they aren't getting straight answers from the defendants those defendants are in big trouble.

At the Boxing Day 2014 prelim the Judge seems to have practically pleaded with the B2: Please give me something as to why this case should not go forward and he got nothing but we know nuthin' and here we are

You have missed the point – – I and others do not act like the actions of the court are less important, only that the actions of the court are farcical and in most cases beyond belief.

I have searched for the "lies" which have supposedly been uttered by the "defence" and can't find them, so perhaps you would enlighten me and others. The court has chosen to "flat out not believe" some very credible evidence and what you seem to be missing is that there was absolutely no way that they would accept any evidence which would suggest that they were wrong, because the verdict was a foregone conclusion.

That last paragraph of yours is also a nonsense because if you are brought up in front of a judge, accused of doing something you didn't do, of being somewhere that you were not, and of carrying out actions that you didn't, then what are you supposed to say, what can you offer in the way of evidence other than, well I don't know anything of what you are talking about.

If you think that the Burmese case is suspect, then consider the prosecution's case– –absolutely full of holes and lies and purporting to have irrefutable DNA evidence linked to semen found in the poor girl's body and on a cigarette butt......

Pol Maj Gen Kiattipong said it seemed the two men had shared a cigarette about the time Miller and Witheridge had walked past them, heading to the sandy area of the beach where they were murdered.

He said the DNA of two men was found on the cigarette butt and they matched the DNA found in the semen found inside the female victims body”.
Now according to the British autopsy, the poor girl wasn't raped so the idea that semen was found inside the girl's body seems a little far-fetched, but no, it was stated that the DNA match was going to be the telling point in the whole case, but it seems that not only was the poor girl not raped, but that the police cannot show this DNA match because they have "lost it/used it up misplaced it etc etc. Good police work eh?
The prosecution's case consists of a litany of lies and you could name any number of them, with some of them seeming to be so amateurish that no court and I say that again, no court would have considered that evidence. The originally photographed hoe which was supposedly the murder weapon suddenly changes shape and appearance when it is presented in court (amateurish and in keeping with the rest of the prosecution's case) and it is not the same one (oh dear) and of course this very large and unwieldy hoe also made seven or eight very clean puncture marks in the back of David's head (only a fool would put that forward as evidence and only a fool would believe it)......and, and.............
You have stated that you believe there has been a miscarriage of justice, so why not stick to that and stop thinking of yourself as the shining light whose job it is to "put this thread to right". The facts speak for themselves and to suggest otherwise means you fit this description perfectly......
"Everybody knows that there are people who just don't care what the facts are.
They will put their hands over their ears and they are people who just have a different relationship to the truth than you or I do.
We have to accept that there are people who actually don't care about facts".
Dr. Ben Goldacre
I and others cannot change the verdict of this corrupt court, however we can keep protesting the innocence of the two Burmese and point out the glaring holes in the prosecution's case, mainly because we are fair-minded people and want to see justice done and we hope sincerely that keeping this case out in the open and showing it up for what it really is, may bring pressure on the powers that be to "think again". We live in hope.

You have missed the point – – I and others do not act like the actions of the court are less important, only that the actions of the court are farcical and in most cases beyond belief.

I have searched for the "lies" which have supposedly been uttered by the "defence" and can't find them, so perhaps you would enlighten me and others. The court has chosen to "flat out not believe" some very credible evidence and what you seem to be missing is that there was absolutely no way that they would accept any evidence which would suggest that they were wrong, because the verdict was a foregone conclusion.

<snip>

From the 24 DEC 2015 Court verdict summary as translated by the Defense pgs 36-37

With regard to the Defendants’ alibi argument, both Defendants only present their testimonies
in Court, without any other witnesses or evidence to support their whereabouts, that the
Defendants were not at the crime scene. Details of which are self-contradict and are unable to
refute the evidence of the Plaintiff that has clearly shown that both Defendants were the
perpetrators of the crime in this case. Under the testimony of both Defendants that claimed
that after drinking beer they both wanted to go home and so decided to walk home, but that
then both went for a swim in the sea late at night while it was raining lightly, as the First Defendant has (testified), this is unusual for normal people to do under such circumstances, and
thus the testimonies are not credible. This gives rise to the belief that their behaviour must
instead have been conducted in a way to destroy evidence on the bodies of both the
Defendants. Because neither of the defendants have any evidence to support their alibi then it
appears only as an invalid alibi argument.
So whatever point that you think you have made, I don't really care what you believe because it has no bearing on what actually happened or what will happen. I am only interested in the process and why things happened as they have happened and that that the system is corrupt and the justices paid off to look the other way is maybe one explanation but certainly not the only explanation.

I love it when they quote from the judges summary. The more the merrier. They have, by now, exposed it as the work of nonsense and errors that it is for all honest Thai Visa readers to see. Hopefully they and others are doing the same thing all over the www :) .

Archived