Low Water Pressure

Gonzo the Face

One needs a method with which to tell that the city water is off and that they should be conserving water in the tank.

Mongoose, If I am correct, the switch you are talking about measures the line pressure in the loop after the pump. When you flush the toilet, pressure drops and the pump re pressurizes the loop.

What Dustoff is looking for is something to measure the feed loop into the pump.

Into the pump or into the tank? Whatever.

Put the switch in the loop or pipe that you want to measure. It can be put into any pipe. Sorry, I do not see the difficulty you have suggested.

One needs a method with which to tell that the city water is off and that they should be conserving water in the tank.

Mongoose, If I am correct, the switch you are talking about measures the line pressure in the loop after the pump. When you flush the toilet, pressure drops and the pump re pressurizes the loop.

What Dustoff is looking for is something to measure the feed loop into the pump.

Into the pump or into the tank? Whatever.

Put the switch in the loop or pipe that you want to measure. It can be put into any pipe. Sorry, I do not see the difficulty you have suggested.

First off, it isn't a switch like I said, it is a gate valve with electrical contacts to indicate open/close. This valve might be spring loaded or not, regardless, when the pressure drops to a certain point the valve opens and turns on the pump or in this case sets off an alarm.

Putting this valve as you say on the feed side of the system creates the folowing problem:

No water will pass this valve when the water pressure is normal on the feed side, since it only opens when you have reduced pressure.

Edit: Still talking to the mechanical, he is saying that there are also some electrical sensors available, but regardless the problem would essentially remain the same. The problem is a language barrier, he knows what I am asking, I think.................

Edited by Diablo Bob

First off, it isn't a switch like I said, it is a gate valve with electrical contacts to indicate open/close. This valve might be spring loaded or not, regardless, when the pressure drops to a certain point the valve opens and turns on the pump or in this case sets off an alarm.

Putting this valve as you say on the feed side of the system creates the folowing problem:

No water will pass this valve when the water pressure is normal on the feed side, since it only opens when you have reduced pressure.

Sorry for the confusion. I have not been talking about a gate valve with electrical contacts. I am talking about a pressure switch which will turn something on or off depending on what the pressure is, as I described in previous posts in this thread. It does not necessarily turn the water on or off unless you connect it to a pump or solenoid valve or perhaps your gate valve. I do not know poo about the gate valve you have described and recall no previous mention of it in this thread but it may be the main topic for all I know.

~

This is actually getting funny and WAY too complicated! :o

As I stated way back, I have decided on a simple switch inside the house to turn the pump on and off manually.

If there is normal pressure in the line, there is no need to have a pump coming on all the time unless you like higher electric bills. When the pressure is down or the water completely off, you will know it because the faucets are not working, just like in real life.

The resolution? Turn the pump on and use water sparingly...

~

This is actually getting funny and WAY too complicated! :o

As I stated way back, I have decided on a simple switch inside the house to turn the pump on and off manually.

If there is normal pressure in the line, there is no need to have a pump coming on all the time unless you like higher electric bills. When the pressure is down or the water completely off, you will know it because the faucets are not working, just like in real life.

The resolution? Turn the pump on and use water sparingly...

Thank you Dustoff. You've got it.

One caution, if there is no need to use the pump for a long time, like in rainy season, the stored water that the pump will deliver might not be clean unless it is very well stored and filtered. Throw a little chlorine (yeh, I can not spell) bleach in if necessary.

Lot of good info there guys and thanks.

It seems that everyone has the correct answers, partially for my instance.

Maybe I can clarify the program here..... at least in my situation.

I am on city water.

Sometimes the city line pressure if fine and dandy [this is getting to be a rarity]

Sometimes it is just a trickle.

Simetimes the flow is none....

My house is two stories.

The city water goes directly into the big reserve tank

Upon reaching a certain level in this tank, there is a shut off valve, float type.

Below this level it allows city water to enter the tank, at full level it shuts the entry flow off.

I have a pump and pressure tank.

The pump builds water pressure in the pressure tank guided by turning on when the psi declines to a certain pre set level and shutting off when the top pre set psi level is reached.

Gravity feed is barely sufficient to refill the toilet bowls in the first floor, but not of sufficent to allow the Hot water heaters to attain the necessary through flow to turn on the heater.

The pressure pumb cycles during peak times like showering, toilet flushes, sink or taps being opened. This allows all [upstairs, and downstairs] to have more than adequate water for daily necessities.

Ovenman got this correct. The problem is not within the house, household, or any part of the system after the meter. The problem is not knowing when the city line pressure drops the incoming water flow, to less than the amount of usage, for a given period of time that may mean that the reserve tank supply is being depleted faster than it is being filled.

For this I can seeand appreciate the external visual tank view pipe and more so appreciate some type of visual and audio alarm when the city water supply drops below a certain level for a given period of time....

But I can most appreciate the dammmm city water department just doing the their job and giving the customers what they are paying for.....

Thanks again guys for the suggestions,,

gonzo

low water Psi .

had not read the othres thread lazy to go read all ..

my suggestion ..

get a small water tanks .. about 50 litre . size ..

get a small pump .. cost about 1000-2500 baht . before installation ..

price for the pup vary from brand and size and of where you buy from ..

this would slove most problem you have .. and in many way improve standard of living . for you..

i had 2 pump and a 200 litre water tanks .. there was once .. water was cut from my area . due to a major work of water piping .. in my area .. the water lasted me 3 days

then i discover that my area water had been cut for 3 days .. lucky it it was quickly restore hour after i found out that my water tanks run out of water ...

good luck .

Let not find blame .. and focus on answer