Buddist temples

amdy2206

What is happening to the temples in Thailand? One harbouring an alleged money launderer who is the main monk, another abusing and killing tigers and wildlife. Where is all the Buddist teaching and standards. If these things are happening at high profile temples, what must be happening at many of the other thousands in the country. What a way to lose followers of the religion. The monks should be ashamed!

So because of a few bad apple you class all monks and temples as bad!!!.So what does that mean for Catholic or English churches with all the pedophile priests?????

To say all temples are something bad is silly

I expect stuff has always been going on, they're people after all (blokes in robes) and you just hear about it more nowadays. Many are also into drugs and gambling and ex-druggies often get taken in by temples, though of course it doesn't mean all 250,000 are shady.

Edited by daveAustin

Maybe they were or aspire to beThai politicians in that next life cycle they seem to promote to followers of the faith.

I have never seen monks come to the aid of those who have suffered a loss, nor pitch in and help during the floods of a few years back. Maybe I just was not at the right place at the right time. I kind of lost intrest in Buddists when I watched a Monk in the US, sponser locals to come to US on tourist? visa to help in construction of a temple. Most of them went to work for local Thai owned shops, paid in cash, overstayed visa, stayed/ate at temple facilities and put little work on temple building. This continued for several years, temple building is slow work, for several reasons.

as said good and bad apples in every bunch

but they are only people there to pass you words on

and preach the words from a book to love and hold the people together

and not kill most other religions have caused wars

i have been a christian and muslim and non belivere

and think there religion is all around honest and brings the people happiness

you can pm me any donations god bless you

Maybe they were or aspire to beThai politicians in that next life cycle they seem to promote to followers of the faith.

I have never seen monks come to the aid of those who have suffered a loss, nor pitch in and help during the floods of a few years back. Maybe I just was not at the right place at the right time. I kind of lost intrest in Buddists when I watched a Monk in the US, sponser locals to come to US on tourist? visa to help in construction of a temple. Most of them went to work for local Thai owned shops, paid in cash, overstayed visa, stayed/ate at temple facilities and put little work on temple building. This continued for several years, temple building is slow work, for several reasons.

Good post I can say monks in our village are good people,we had bad rain two weeks ago and our retaining wall colasped (this is because man with machine who move earth for us hit wall several times will never use him again) but as result weaken wall. With rain it just went. At dawn next day we went temple as usual told monks what happens and at 9am all monks and several villagers including head man were at our house and worked untill 2pm clearing old wall and soil so we could rebuild.

The Temple depends on the Abbott, many are good, unfortunately many not so.

Cannot fault the Religion over the actions of some men.

My wife's brother is an Abbott who has risked speaking out about corruption, he and many Monks worked tirelessly during the floods.