New Brexit polls suggest shift in favour of leaving the EU

webfact

So the future of the EU is down to 2 issues for the Brexiteers - Sovereignty and immigration - neither of which curiously enough have any more than a tangential connection to the Eu......but why let rational thought and reason get in the way?

You forgot democracy. You know, one man one vote. That means allowing those who do not agree with you, the right to vote. A concept you are so obviously not in agreement with, if we accept what you have posted throughout this Thread.

P.S. Where are from?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought most of the guys in Thailand were here because they had definitively written off all the talent in the UK......

Out of the Brits that I know here in Thailand. One of the reasons they are here is because we refuse to throw huge amounts of tax and NI contributions into a system that feeds the bloated beast that is the EU.

It is not really a hard concept. Work to look after your own. Or work to feed a monster that continually needs vast amounts of money.

So you're a tax evader, cool, the UK needs more of those! It might have been better to simply say your reason for being here is sex, that's more acceptable these days.

Tax evader ? I wish. You are aware that UK derived income is subject to UK tax laws.

I still pay UK tax and will do until the day I die. That is law and there is nothing I can do about it, sadly.

Do I limit my tax liability. Absolutely. Why would I pay UK tax on my non UK / EU salary ?

Nice try.

Edited by SgtRock

Immigrants using vouchers in UK is an easy fix just make the vouchers only valid for non alcohol drinks and food only.

Whoops anyone using vouchers I should say. whistling.gif

Edited by Kwasaki

So the future of the EU is down to 2 issues for the Brexiteers - Sovereignty and immigration - neither of which curiously enough have any more than a tangential connection to the Eu......but why let rational thought and reason get in the way?

You forgot democracy. You know, one man one vote. That means allowing those who do not agree with you, the right to vote. A concept you are so obviously not in agreement with, if we accept what you have posted throughout this Thread.

P.S. Where are from?

nontabury.

Why do you waste your time with those that think they are intellectually superior to the rest of us. Who think the Europe and the EU is one and the same and still think that wishing to leave the EU is down to 2 things. Sovereignty and immigration.

You would be better talking to a brick wall.

Edited by SgtRock

You can go back to the 60s if you want, and see northern town textile workers, hard working skilled people, who wanted a living wage. Replaced by workers from Southern Asia who would work for less. It's happening again. My paternal grandmother was from capitalist mill owner stock.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Completely untrue of course. In the 1950s and 1960s there was a shortfall of workers in Northern towns and this shortfall was filled by the encouragement of migration from the Caribbean and Indian sub-continenet. The suggestion that these immigrants usurped local workers is typical of the usual rubbish peddled by racists and extreme right-wing organisations.

I think you'll find that Mosha makes his post, based on his observations and experiance of actually being brought up and living in one of those Northern towns. Unlike someone from the small minded chattering class.

I was born and raised six miles from Batley, I lived there until age 17, go chatter that!

I cannot chatter that,neither can I claim that I came from a privalaged background, with my father being a Mill owner.

We should not import workers from E Europe to do low skilled work. The people most likely to be on benefits are not indigenous Brits.

Can we look back a generation or 2 & see who we dragged over to clean the toilets & drive the buses or (do any of the over jobs that were "below us Brits").

Problem we have now adays is there are too many lazy chavs complainjng about the price of Ciggies, Special Brew & Sky Tv & it's all the "Foreigners" fault.

Totally agree with you but that is the fault of the government for giving to much out in Benefits to lazy useless fat slobs smoking and drinking themselves in to an early grave. They should stop it all together and only give out benefits in the form of wage boosters not freebies...mind you if some of them did a days work they would keel over cheesy.gif ....problem solved!

Yes far too many benefits. Only last week my friend saw a group of immigrants in Tesco in the UK with vouchers. They were buying crates of beer and nothing else. Living the dream for sure.

I thought supermarket quantity beer was sold in cases not crates.

Completely untrue of course. In the 1950s and 1960s there was a shortfall of workers in Northern towns and this shortfall was filled by the encouragement of migration from the Caribbean and Indian sub-continenet. The suggestion that these immigrants usurped local workers is typical of the usual rubbish peddled by racists and extreme right-wing organisations.

I think you'll find that Mosha makes his post, based on his observations and experiance of actually being brought up and living in one of those Northern towns. Unlike someone from the small minded chattering class.

I was born and raised six miles from Batley, I lived there until age 17, go chatter that!

I cannot chatter that,neither can I claim that I came from a privalaged background, with my father being a Mill owner.

I hope this isn't a story of clogs to clogs in three generations.

I should like to remind you that Greece "doctored" its figures when applying for entry to the European Union, and the EU turned a blind eye to it

in its single-minded (simple minded?) determination to attempt integration. It is yet one further example of political considerations riding roughshod

over common sense; its own "rule book". Talk about beware of Greeks bearing gifts!

It is common cause that the EU has an enormous problem on its hands with the present Greece situation; it is just one of the shaky foundations

underpinning the European Union currently.

The fact that the United Kingdom is heavily geared is actually of no great concern, providing it is well managed. There is enough talent in

Britain to accomplish this.

I thought most of the guys in Thailand were here because they had definitively written off all the talent in the UK......

Out of the Brits that I know here in Thailand. One of the reasons they are here is because we refuse to throw huge amounts of tax and NI contributions into a system that feeds the bloated beast that is the EU.

It is not really a hard concept. Work to look after your own. Or work to feed a monster that continually needs vast amounts of money.

Do you know how much in percentage terms from your taxes go to the EU?

Place do no ask intelligent questions here.

Would indeed destroy the tale story, about the wealth which the EU is stealing from the poor UK citizens.

Edited by tomacht8

You might have noticed that I believe the EU and its other institutions are corrupt to the core.

Therefore I do not care what % of my tax goes to the EU. A single penny is a penny too much.

I should like to remind you that Greece "doctored" its figures when applying for entry to the European Union, and the EU turned a blind eye to it

in its single-minded (simple minded?) determination to attempt integration. It is yet one further example of political considerations riding roughshod

over common sense; its own "rule book". Talk about beware of Greeks bearing gifts!

It is common cause that the EU has an enormous problem on its hands with the present Greece situation; it is just one of the shaky foundations

The fact that the United Kingdom is heavily geared is actually of no great concern, providing it is well managed. There is enough talent in

Place do no ask intelligent questions here.

Would indeed destroy the tale story, about the wealth which the EU is stealing from the poor UK citizens.

Why do you think he hasn't answered?

Apparently and I quote "Out of the Brits that I know here in Thailand. One of the reasons they are here is because we refuse to throw huge amounts of tax and NI contributions into a system that feeds the bloated beast that is the EU"

What a lot of crock!!!

So you're a tax evader, cool, the UK needs more of those! It might have been better to simply say your reason for being here is sex, that's more acceptable these days.

Well as a resident of Thailand, I still unfortunately pay into the EU through my UK taxes. Am I happy about that,certainly not. Would I like to evade the UK tax, 100%.

The trouble with the "we have a veto on blah blah blah" is that many of the votes are on majority votes so we can be over ruled, also on major polices where there is not a majority vote it would not seem impossible for some nefarious deal to be done where the representative was bought off to give a unanimous vote,

Apparently and I quote "Out of the Brits that I know here in Thailand. One of the reasons they are here is because we refuse to throw huge amounts of tax and NI contributions into a system that feeds the bloated beast that is the EU"

What a lot of crock!!!

I have answered. How foolish does that make you ?

What a crock !!!

What is ? Such a lazy and stupid response does not do you any favours. It weakens whatever point you were trying to make.

Have another attempt.

What a lot of crock!!!

What a crock !!!

What is ? Such a lazy and stupid response does not do you any favours. It weakens whatever point you were trying to make.

Have another attempt.

OK you pay less than 0.5% of your taxes. So you can Imagine I doubt very much that people are leaving the UK to come to Thailand because they are throwing huge amounts of cash to the EU. Just in case that is too complicated for you to work out I will spell it. Out of every 1000 pounds you pay in takes less than 5 pounds goes to the EU.

Edited by Johnyo

What a lot of crock!!!

What a crock !!!

Have another attempt.

OK you pay less than 0.5% of your taxes. So you can Imagine I doubt very much that people are leaving the UK to come to Thailand because they are throwing huge amounts of cash to the EU.

I thought you were one of the highly educated ones ?

I do not pay tax on my non UK income, one of the reasons that I am Thailand. If I was still living in the UK I would be paying £ 4X,XXX in tax and NI per year. So would all the O&G workers that live in Thailand. Perhaps you are very lucky and £4X,XXX is peanuts to you.

Note that I say living in Thailand, not working in Thailand.

Better in my pocket than a % of it going to the corrupt EU.

A shortage caused because people wanted a living wage. . My starting wage was not much lower than his final wage when a massive heart attack put an end to his work.

What a lot of crock!!!

What a crock !!!

Have another attempt.

OK you pay less than 0.5% of your taxes. So you can Imagine I doubt very much that people are leaving the UK to come to Thailand because they are throwing huge amounts of cash to the EU.

I do not pay tax on my non UK income, one of the reasons that I am Thailand. If I was still living in the UK I would be paying £ 4X,XXX in tax and NI per year. So would all the O&G workers that live in Thailand. Perhaps you are very lucky and £4X,XXX is peanuts to you.

40K is a lot of money in anyone's books. Still if you were indeed paying the 40K in taxes in the UK only 200 pounds would go to the EU. Not a massive amount is it?

40K is a lot of money in anyone's books. Still if you were indeed paying the 40K in taxes in the UK only 200 pounds would go to the EU. Not a massive amount is it?

It would appear that you are unable to grasp the concept of I believe the EU and its various institutions are corrupt beasts.

So if my contribution to the EU would only be £200 it would still be £200 too much.

I do not know any another way of making it simpler for you.

Not really, the Brit. govt. is also doing its best to waste our money. The corruption is wide-spread, the EU just wastes more of our money than even the Brit. politicians have been able to fleece...

You might have noticed that I believe the EU and its other institutions are corrupt to the core.

Therefore I do not care what % of my tax goes to the EU. A single penny is a penny too much.

Exactly. We already have to deal with our own corrupt politicians, without having to deal with more expensive, corrupt EU politicians.

FTSE futures called massively up this morning and sterling cable on a tear as risk of BREXIT reverses.

The murder of the MP will be viewed as the defining point of the campaign.

There are plenty of undecideds out there but now they are coming around to the yes side.

The optics of it are that a no vote rewards murderous bigoted little englanders and their cheer squads. Most people don't want to be one of those.

Game over, referendum lost for the brexit crew.

Brexit fools paradise - I think they are expecting to be greeted by a host of young, Essex virgins on the other side....

"Suggestions by British politicians favoring a departure that the rest of the European Union will give Britain more favorable terms in a new trading arrangement will be rejected out of hand by European leaders, who do not want to make further concessions to a country that has rejected them, officials said. This would ensure that the British example discouraged others tempted to seek a special deal for themselves." - guardian

Well as a resident of Thailand, I still unfortunately pay into the EU through my UK taxes. Am I happy about that,certainly not. Would I like to evade the UK tax, 100%.

Wheras I'm happy to pay UK tax - until the Brit. govt. decided that even though I'm still a tax payer, I should pay 150% of the NHS costs....

As I say, the Brit. govt. is even less trustworthy than the EU government

FTSE futures called massively up this morning and sterling cable on a tear as risk of BREXIT reverses.

There are plenty of undecideds out there but now they are coming around to the yes side.

The optics of it are that a no vote rewards murderous bigoted little englanders and their cheer squads. Most people don't want to be one of those.

You ain't a Brit are you...?

No..................... but he obviously thinks he knows it all.

A shortage caused because people wanted a living wage. . My starting wage was not much lower than his final wage when a massive heart attack put an end to his work.

Inflation had a lot to do with this. I'm from the generation that saw massive inflation and wonderful company pension schemes. Of course, they've all gone now and everyone is blaming anything other than the 'powers' to whose advantage it was to get rid of these schemes sad.png . Blame the Brit. govt. (rather than the EU) for this.

Depressing if voters are unable to see beyond the odd nutter. I doubt they are that stupid, but suspect they will be concerned about stability (the devil you know) and so will vote to keep the status quo.

Brexit fools paradise - I think they are expecting to be greeted by a host of young, Essex virgins on the other side....

"Suggestions by British politicians favoring a departure that the rest of the European Union will give Britain more favorable terms in a new trading arrangement will be rejected out of hand by European leaders, who do not want to make further concessions to a country that has rejected them, officials said. This would ensure that the British example discouraged others tempted to seek a special deal for themselves." - guardian

Wow! That really is a new low, and I speak as a female who was brought up in Essex.

The hope now is that Scotland will stay in The UK after Breexit.The UK without Scotland will not have an easy go of it. And now with the election of a Muslim Mayor in London they will have a lot or Islamic trouble coming that they would need Scotland's influence on.The future for The UK is not just about money as it is social sustainability.At least out of the EU they will be able to better control their immigration problems (even though so far they have shown very little effort to control).

I'm having problems understanding the Scottish Nationalists, they want another referendum so they can leave the UK and be governed by Brussels instead?

Think without realising it you've made a salient point, the 'reality' the Scots have realised not the bollack s editorial led nonsense idiots are believing.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not to rain on your parade, but dollar weakness (against almost all of the world's traded currencies)

is largely the reason for the rise in cable today.

This is not to say that any recent swing toward Remain has not played any part, but the effect would

have been small.

FTSE, DAX and CAC40 are similarly higher today, on Dollar weakness.