New Brexit polls suggest shift in favour of leaving the EU

webfact

Because I care more about the UK community as a whole and not just about myself, I have voted accordingly. wink.png

Don't Thai me, chiang mai. If you're not resident in the UK then you are unable to vote. Notwithstanding, you haven't answered the question.

I reckon your BS me and I'm quite sure that I'm correct in my understanding. You're an observer on this one, my friend.

It's not nice to accuse someone of telling porkies wooloo., not unless you're 100% certain of your facts, which you are not, bad man!

"If you are a UK citizen living abroad, you can apply to be an overseas voter. You must have been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years and be eligible to vote in UK Parliamentary general elections and European Parliamentary elections".

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/register-to-vote/british-citizens-living-abroad

Next!

I'm well aware of the rules, chiang mai, but also quite certain that you'll twist and turn to suit your needs.

Personally, I have my own opinions.

He may be correct but it would be peculiar, imo, to be in Thailand, commenting on TV those outside of UK have should have no say, registered to vote in the UK, and registered to vote in the EU- all in the past 15 years. Possible, but the likelihood is much smaller then offered.

Possible, but a very small sample pop.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The remain camp are forever telling us how great the free market is in the EU. Firstly it is far from being FREE. The UK pays a huge price for access to it. It has to be the worst trade agreement on the planet. I keep asking those telling the rest to vote remain that if the free market is so great name me another prosperous country that also trades with other countries around the world that is desperate to be allowed to join this great free market on the same terms as the UK has today. Name me another trade agreement anywhere that forces other countries to give free access to labour and free movement of people to members ?

Labour are at present all over the media telling us that we need to stay in the EU for workers rights. Again can any remain nutter tell me why then if the EU is so great on workers rights that this Tory government has just brought in the highest minimum wage throughout the EU ? Higher even that Labour proposed. Why hasn't the great EU made the whole of the EU block have a standard minimum wage if it is so great on workers rights ? Where are the workers rights in Greece, Spain, Italy and Portugal where unemployment is huge and workers have been laid off because the EU is in the Sh&t ?

People here have mentioned TTIP. If this agreement and deal is so good why has the \E|U locked it away from the people for 30 years so they cannot see what is in it ? Just look at the draconian measures that an MEP has to go through just to have a glance at it and this is the great Democratic Union we are supposed to stay attached to ? It is frightening in the extreme

You can't kid a kidder, chiang mai. You've not got the brain power.

The problem with this debate wooloo is that too few people have the capacity to manage the complexity, simply, the debate is too complicated for most people to think through in its entirety and arrive at a well reasoned answer, you included. Oh sure, everyone's got a view on certain aspects of it, immigration, trade GDP etc and even then the fundamental thinking on those isolated issues is usually based on false assumptions or misunderstood or incorrect facts. Now I could sit here all evening and listen to your insults but that's hardly rewarding or even interesting, how's about you dedicate your time to more useful activities and challenge me on facts that I have presented, views that I have put forth and show me where I have "twisted and turned", if you do that and god knows there's enough of my posts out there to chose from, I'll likely show you where you have not understood what has been presented. Any time, wooloo, any time!

Out.

I invariably ignore your constant ramblings, chiang mai.

You vote your way and we'll vote ours.

Not good enough wooloo., you called me on this a few posts back and now I've told you to put up or shut up, if you're not equipped or able to accept that challenge then by all means walk away but don't do it with a slur because that's not acceptable to me.

Not good enough wooloo., you called me on this a few posts back and now I've told you to put up or shut up, if you're not equipped or able to accept that challenge then by all means walk away but don't do it with a slur because that's not acceptable to me.

I'll do what I like, my friend. Your constant waffle just isn't my bag.

I'll do what I like, my friend. Your constant waffle just isn't my bag.

I'll take that to mean that you can't offer up any challenge based on fact and that your insults and name calling is nothing more than that, hot air and a smoke screen to try and cover up an inability to manage the complexity of the debate.

Out.

As far as I can see the following is a largely unbiased evaluation of what the impact might be on trade in a post Brexit world, quite interesting I think:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/will-brexit-damage-trade-eu-referendum-vote-leave-a7062201.html

While this article claims to be telling both sides it is similer to the bbc it gives limited comment to Brexit side while playing up the Remain side hence it is biased.

Just a couple of my observations,

So why does Trade Matter

Goes on about we have three million jobs linked to British exports, they play on this and give no reference to how much is trade with the EU and with the rest of the world.

What does the Leave camp say

Gives data of 13% of our GDP is with the EU and just 3% of EU GDP is trade to the UK, so they compare 27 countries GDP against 1

And to bring in Obamas threat, without offering a reply from the other side shows more bias

Sorry Independent article fail

Let me tell you what I see happening, immediately a Brexit vote comes out on top in the referendum.

Firstly, the currency markets will in all probability gyrate for a while whist traders come to terms with the

new reality. Remember that nothing of substance will have taken place on 24th June; only the

emotional or psychological impact of the event! The markets will then settle down and stabilise, and in a

short period of time will not look too much different than the relative pricing levels at which currencies were

trading on the run up to the referendum.

Secondly, there will be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth by the politicians and bodies who were

campaigning for the United Kingdom to stay in the EU. This will have no tangible expression, anywhere.

They will largely be wondering what their own futures were now going to be.

Thirdly, the European Commission will have to take a hard look at what Brexit will mean to the EU's

structure and stability, going forward, and what the deleterious effects Brexit will have on the value of

the Euro,and what it will mean for their budgets. Probably some "pet" projects are going to have to be put on

hold, for a considerable while. The accession of the poorest of the poor countries waiting in the wings

will have to be put back for an even longer period. Now the hard work begins for these non-elected

officials!

Simultaneously, there will be an enormous amount of soul-searching within the political ranks of the

United Kingdom, followed by a re-shuffle of leading positions and, perhaps, a new political order coming

to the fore. It is possible a General Election will be called within a short period.

Finally, a date will be set by the UK and the EU for the start of the complex negotiations to take place for

an orderly winding down of Britain's involvement within the EU, and a new relationship to take effect. A

full 24-months is provided for, for this process, although that is not to say that it cannot be extended,

subject to negotiation between the parties.

Simultaneously with this, the United Kingdom will continue to trade with the European Union whilst

negotiating and entering into any new global trade, commercial and sovereign agreements with which it will

need to engage, for the future.

Britain has always punched above its weight. Post-Brexit, I expect to see the nation pulling together with common

purpose, as it did in the War years. A bright future beckons.

As to what Brexit means for the United Kingdom: THE SKY WILL NOT FALL, NOR WILL BRITAIN SINK INTO THE

ATLANTIC. NOR WILL THERE BE MASS UNEMPLOYMENT OR SUICIDES. Life will continue largely as before,

whilst world affairs continues to evolve at a calm and measured pace, with not much discernible change.

All of the above, IMHO.

The remain camp are forever telling us how great the free market is in the EU. Firstly it is far from being FREE. The UK pays a huge price for access to it. It has to be the worst trade agreement on the planet. I keep asking those telling the rest to vote remain that if the free market is so great name me another prosperous country that also trades with other countries around the world that is desperate to be allowed to join this great free market on the same terms as the UK has today. Name me another trade agreement anywhere that forces other countries to give free access to labour and free movement of people to members ?
Labour are at present all over the media telling us that we need to stay in the EU for workers rights. Again can any remain nutter tell me why then if the EU is so great on workers rights that this Tory government has just brought in the highest minimum wage throughout the EU ? Higher even that Labour proposed. Why hasn't the great EU made the whole of the EU block have a standard minimum wage if it is so great on workers rights ? Where are the workers rights in Greece, Spain, Italy and Portugal where unemployment is huge and workers have been laid off because the EU is in the Sh&t ?
People here have mentioned TTIP. If this agreement and deal is so good why has the \E|U locked it away from the people for 30 years so they cannot see what is in it ? Just look at the draconian measures that an MEP has to go through just to have a glance at it and this is the great Democratic Union we are supposed to stay attached to ? It is frightening in the extreme

[/quote

Jeremy Corbyn the leader of the Labour Party was very anti EU all his political life(45 yrs) Then on becoming leader of the party he immediately changed his stance. Now he says he will block that part of the TTIP that deals with the NHS,as he now realizes that this agreement could result in the end of the NHS. Only problem is, according to EU rules the UK will find it impossible to do so. And these are the politicians who are advising us to remain in this corrupt so called Union.

Because I care more about the UK community as a whole and not just about myself, I have voted accordingly. wink.png

Don't Thai me, chiang mai. If you're not resident in the UK then you are unable to vote. Notwithstanding, you haven't answered the question.

I reckon your BS me and I'm quite sure that I'm correct in my understanding. You're an observer on this one, my friend.

Actually that is not quite correct. I have not lived in the UK for a while but I am within the 15 year limit. My friend and proxy voter received my voting card last week.

Hilarious, coming from an American who doesn't even live in Thailand let alone the UK!

Hilarious, but typical inflammatory nonsense from the xenophobic Brexit brigade.

I beg to differ, how can a foreign citizen, an American no less, possibly be a Brexiteer, more like an unconnected uninformed observer, a wannabe Brexiteer perhaps. gigglem.gif

I find this post distasteful, to accuse an American of being "unconected uninformed observer" when without 1.3 million American caualties during two world wars you and I would be less than plebs to a master race.

Americans should be able to give opinions on whether you and others give away that which so many oe them died to preserve.

And what does living in Thailand or not have to do with it.

Hilarious, coming from an American who doesn't even live in Thailand let alone the UK!

Hilarious, but typical inflammatory nonsense from the xenophobic Brexit brigade.

I beg to differ, how can a foreign citizen, an American no less, possibly be a Brexiteer, more like an unconnected uninformed observer, a wannabe Brexiteer perhaps. gigglem.gif

I find this post distasteful, to accuse an American of being "unconected uninformed observer" when without 1.3 million American caualties during two world wars you and I would be less than plebs to a master race.

Americans should be able to give opinions on whether you and others give away that which so many oe them died to preserve.

Yes they can but then so can Obama and the Brexiters have been saying in various threads that he should stay out of it.

Yes they can but then so can Obama and the Brexiters have been saying in various threads that he should stay out of it.

President Obama lacks any credibility in the matter of Brexit. He has made his views known, and supported them with the barely-concealed threat

that if Britons voted for Brexit, then the United Kingdom would have to go "to the back of the queue when negotiating future trade deals"! His

comments were simply designed to add to the already discredited campaign of fear and intimidation brought to bear in this debate, by the "remain"

contingent.

Mr Obama has never put on a uniform. I don't think he is in the same league as those brave Americans who fought and died in the two World Wars

referred to the earlier post.

Furthermore, Mr Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace prize for diplomacy and fostering relations between peoples. He didn't bring much of this

diplomacy with him on his recent visit to the United Kingdom, when opining on Brexit in the manner which he did.

Of course no Brit would ever comment about American elections or even know about Donald Trump. Right? whistling.gif Just put on your big boy panties and suck it up. This is a discussion.

What amazes me is how many Brits weigh Brexit in the balance of their economic well-being. Have they forgotten all about the value of FREEDOM? Are they so puzzified now that they will cede their country to a foreign and UNELECTED group without a fight or a whimper?

My father landed on D-Day and fought wherever he was sent. He told me that Brits were some of the toughest guys he'd ever met. What the hell happened to them?

Cheers.

The whole point is being missed in that interview, I don't think British people worry about Poles/Lithuanians/Eastern Europeans etc coming in working paying tax, we go there and other EU countries also

Lets talk about the elephant in the room, we went to stop Muslims coming in............ they don't integrate, will never find jobs, they take over whole communities and want to turn our country into theirs, will always been seen as a threat due to their hatred of us infidels

Let other Muslin counties take them .....

From a completely uninformed Yank who's not willing to wade through all these post to become indoctrinated for or against,

"why not vote exit then if it doesn't go well after a year or two vote to join in again?"

Of course no Brit would ever comment about American elections or even know about Donald Trump. Right? whistling.gif Just put on your big boy panties and suck it up. This is a discussion.

What amazes me is how many Brits weigh Brexit in the balance of their economic well-being. Have they forgotten all about the value of FREEDOM? Are they so puzzified now that they will cede their country to a foreign and UNELECTED group without a fight or a whimper?

My father landed on D-Day and fought wherever he was sent. He told me that Brits were some of the toughest guys he'd ever met. What the hell happened to them?

Cheers.

IMO for a while we lost our way, forgot who our friends were, we ended up in prison some of us see a way to escape but others have been here that long they are afraid of to venture outside, inside we we are taken care of don't need to make decisions it's scary out there, I hope we can find the courage of our forebears.

Cheers.

IMO for a while we lost our way, forgot who our friends were, we ended up in prison some of us see a way to escape but others have been here that long they are afraid of to venture outside, inside we we are taken care of don't need to make decisions it's scary out there, I hope we can find the courage of our forebears.

Do you mean because our forbears were the prison warden?

Cheers.

i think by and large it was the education system in particular the revoltingly liberal higher educators. Most university staff are raving commies. I am lucky to not have a higher education and am a proud patriot. All my siblings were university educated and all lean left. This is a real possibility. Nowadays after the whole trojan horse in schools fiasco the brainwashing will be starting when kids are still in diapers.

What you and others missed is that my comments refer to a single individual who is well known on this forum as a notorious Thai basher and also happens to be an American and lives in the US - he is equally well known as a Brit basher whenever the opportunity allows! I therefore found it hilarious that he wouold post a pro-Brexit poster and appear to be in support of it.

Note for poster Brewsterbudgen: I'm in the Remain camp, not the Brexit.

Thaiwine: sorry you didn't think the Independent article on trade was biased, most people including me thought is was not. But if an article doesn't fit a persons agenda exactly it's sometimes difficult to be fair, especially when they are already so entrenched in a pre-conceived answer.

Let me tell you what I see happening, immediately a Brexit vote comes out on top in the referendum.

Firstly, the currency markets will in all probability gyrate for a while whist traders come to terms with the

new reality. Remember that nothing of substance will have taken place on 24th June; only the

emotional or psychological impact of the event! The markets will then settle down and stabilise, and in a

short period of time will not look too much different than the relative pricing levels at which currencies were

trading on the run up to the referendum.

Secondly, there will be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth by the politicians and bodies who were

campaigning for the United Kingdom to stay in the EU. This will have no tangible expression, anywhere.

They will largely be wondering what their own futures were now going to be.

Thirdly, the European Commission will have to take a hard look at what Brexit will mean to the EU's

structure and stability, going forward, and what the deleterious effects Brexit will have on the value of

the Euro,and what it will mean for their budgets. Probably some "pet" projects are going to have to be put on

hold, for a considerable while. The accession of the poorest of the poor countries waiting in the wings

will have to be put back for an even longer period. Now the hard work begins for these non-elected

officials!

Simultaneously, there will be an enormous amount of soul-searching within the political ranks of the

United Kingdom, followed by a re-shuffle of leading positions and, perhaps, a new political order coming

to the fore. It is possible a General Election will be called within a short period.

Finally, a date will be set by the UK and the EU for the start of the complex negotiations to take place for

an orderly winding down of Britain's involvement within the EU, and a new relationship to take effect. A

full 24-months is provided for, for this process, although that is not to say that it cannot be extended,

subject to negotiation between the parties.

Simultaneously with this, the United Kingdom will continue to trade with the European Union whilst

negotiating and entering into any new global trade, commercial and sovereign agreements with which it will

need to engage, for the future.

Britain has always punched above its weight. Post-Brexit, I expect to see the nation pulling together with common

purpose, as it did in the War years. A bright future beckons.

As to what Brexit means for the United Kingdom: THE SKY WILL NOT FALL, NOR WILL BRITAIN SINK INTO THE

ATLANTIC. NOR WILL THERE BE MASS UNEMPLOYMENT OR SUICIDES. Life will continue largely as before,

whilst world affairs continues to evolve at a calm and measured pace, with not much discernible change.

All of the above, IMHO.

"Firstly, the currency markets will in all probability gyrate for a while whist traders come to terms with the

trading on the run up to the referendum".

You appear to have glossed over a series of hugely important events and consolidated several years of change into a few throw away lines, perhaps we can look at them in more detail.

Here's a link to three different scenario's put together by the FT, your preferred scenario is outlined in Option 1, the one that is caveated with the words, "Most economists question the underlying assumptions in this scenario".

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/70d0bfd8-d1b3-11e5-831d-09f7778e7377.html

Poster/readers who are interested in the financial implications of Brexit may wish to read and understand those options.

If the UK needs any further motivation to BREXIT this video is it. With just weeks left to one of the most important votes of the EU...one of the most important of a member state, this kpjackarse is drunk, acting the fool. Considering the hour and those meeting, this is effed up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKoAoYsmJKdpJR8_QB2xKuX-oUHNYUD1NjseHdfiC7tIahwAx6VnuvVHGIivAC6Hy4GyiSgu_Iq6dyCU_c3WTWGoFkVR_g&v=XPgiI46FCDU&time_continue=62

Archived