New Brexit polls suggest shift in favour of leaving the EU

webfact

Of course it could survive but at what cost and for how long would it be before we got back to the today position, five years, ten years, twenty years.

No-one knows.

But I would rather take my chances in a big wide world of potentially 7.5 Billion customers than be hog tied to a Union with potentially 500 Million customers, purely on the basis of trade.

We wont mention the hidden costs of EU membership, they must be kept under the carpet at all costs.

Chancer, yea, that just about sums it up nicely, not managed and calculated risk, just chancing.

If the UK alone is capable of tapping a market of 7.5 billion, the EU collectively is capable of the same thing.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it could survive but at what cost and for how long would it be before we got back to the today position, five years, ten years, twenty years.

No-one knows.

But I would rather take my chances in a big wide world of potentially 7.5 Billion customers than be hog tied to a Union with potentially 500 Million customers, purely on the basis of trade.

We wont mention the hidden costs of EU membership, they must be kept under the carpet at all costs.

Retired gits in Thailand don't take chances other than of a... 'ahem personal nature, but its awfully nice of you to want to take chances on behalf of other people.

You talking to me....?

Only for a short time...

No-one knows.

Retired gits in Thailand don't take chances other than of a... 'ahem personal nature, but its awfully nice of you to want to take chances on behalf of other people.

Latest odds Remain 5/19, Leave 3/1.

Who's retired ?

Posts like this destroys any credibility that you thought you might have had.

No-one knows.

Chancer, yea, that just about sums it up nicely, not managed and calculated risk, just chancing.

If the UK alone is capable of tapping a market of 7.5 billion, the EU collectively is capable of the same thing.

It has been proven that the EU is a protective market for the EU.

Nice to see you managed to totally ignore the hidden EU costs.

Surprised that you think a market of 7.5 Billion against a market of 500 Million is taking a chance.

On second thoughts, no I am not.

No-one knows.

It has been proven that the EU is a protective market for the EU.

Nice to see you managed to totally ignore the hidden EU costs.

Surprised that you think a market of 7.5 Billion against a market of 500 Million is taking a chance.

On second thoughts, no I am not.

"Taking Chances" was your words, not mine!

Any idea which way these two will be voting.

That's salaries over TEN years, the same salaries that are paid to ALL MEP's!

For What ?

I have already voted to leave and I think the bookies odds are wrong ...

They follow the money not the majority .. Big money in the city has placed bets to stay whilst the majority have placed bets to leave ..

I hope and reckon that will be reflected in the result tomorrow .

No-one knows.

Clear.

Since 40 years, the EU prevented the UK to do business world wide, with potentially 7.5 Billion customers.

Check where your computer, mobile phone, television, refrigerator, stereo system is produced.

Look where your clothes and shoes you wear are produced.

If the UK had never been in the EU, do you think there will be still any car producers on your island?

For What ?

They follow the money not the majority .. Big money in the city has placed bets to stay whilst the majority have placed bets to leave ..

What you think is just a made up guess. 'I think...I hope....I reckon...' Hopeless.

For What ?

If you want to have a discussions about the salary levels of MP's and MEP's that's fine, this is not that discussion.

For What ?

If you want to have a discussions about the salary levels of MP's and MEP's that's fine, this is not that discussion.

What ??

I was replying to your reply .............. If it is not part of the discussion why are you discussing it .

For What ?

What ??

I was replying to your reply .............. If it is not part of the discussion why are you discussing it .

For What ?

What you think is just a made up guess. 'I think...I hope....I reckon...' Hopeless.

Bookies odds follow the money not the majority ...

For What ?

What ??

Because another poster put up yet another silly picture along with text that needed to be clarified. If not made clear some readers could easily have believed that Lord Kinnock has an ANNUAL salary as shown in the picture, hence my need to clarify what should have been made clear at the outset but wasn't, for the usual reasons of mischief, ignorance and bad taste.

Perhaps you could then clarify what taxes he has paid ..

Even over 10 years it is a huge salary along with very generous benefits

An enormous pension

Why should his Lord and Lady be entitled to such salaries with the problems and unemployment in Europe ...

Why should the British Tax payer contribute to this ..

An enormous pension

Why should his Lord and Lady be entitled to such salaries with the problems and unemployment in Europe ...

"Perhaps you could then clarify what taxes he has paid"

Based on your question and the posts, I'm guessing you're on the sauce.

Edited by chiang mai

For What ?

Clearly you are neither a bookie nor a mathematician or have heard of something called a form book in a horse race. Plus the idea that the bookies always win based purely on the amount of money placed is an error as well. As is the suggestion that the bookies in this two-horse race without form totally ignore poll feeds of their own. But you have special feed into how the majority are leaning do you? Well get straight down to the bookies and place that bet at 3:1 and put your shirt on it. (Note to others: they rarely do. Just talk)

Edited by SheungWan

All those pensioners in Spain will lose their healthcare and maybe even their right to a pension overseas

NOT UK folks problem......

Typical dumb comment. You want 1M pensioners returning to UK? How much stress would that put on the NHS?
If they aren't registered in the UK, they'll be paying 150% of the costs to use the NHS.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Presumably they'd be "resuming settled residence" in the UK so would be eligible for free NHS from the moment they arrive

::::::::::::: ::::::::::

Not so,I think they have to be back in the UK for six months, and also to prove they have actually cut all links with the country they have just left.Maybe someone can confirm if this is correct.

Edited by nontabury

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Vote LEAVE

For the sake of the NHS. It is being overwhelmed by immigrants claiming free health care and getting away with it. Hospitals are struggling. People with H.I.V., cancer and other serious problems are getting free care none have paid in to get.

For the sake of the likes of British Steel where thousands of jobs have also been lost because of E.U. rules saying our government cannot help the steel industry, yet the likes of France ignore similar rules.

To regain the ability to rule ourselves with our own laws. Since we joined the Common Market in 1973, over 50% of our laws are dictated to us by Brussels.

Just a few reasons to LEAVE

This (very old?) guy appears to be living in another dimension - I hope he wakes up and comes back before he gets lost forever.

I will only be old and lost if we stay in the E.U.

The E.U. autocrats act like they live on a different planet, never mind in other dimensions.

One day you might wake up from your dream of autocratic eutopia and smeel the coffee.

For What ?

Clearly you are neither a bookie nor a mathematician or have heard of something called a form book in a horse race. Plus the idea that the bookies always win based purely on the amount of money placed is an error as well. As is the suggestion that the bookies in this two-horse race without form totally ignore poll feeds of their own. But you have special feed into how the majority are leaning do you? Well get straight down to the bookies and place that bet at 3:1 and put your shirt on it. (Note to others: they rarely do. Just talk)

Let's see .. shall we smile.png

Soon.... soon, (I hope - not wanting to scud the result) we will be OUT

Then we can cheer. Well, some of us can laugh.png

IF we vote remain, we can all be under the thumb of the non elected idiots who run the E.U. and live to regret it.

Watch them steamroller new policies through and then people say... "Oh, what have we done!!" rolleyes.gif

Really - you obviously aren't in the same EU as me - the one that guarantees democratic standards amongst members and has a good ever expending system of representation - but ten I doubt if you've ever bothered to check it out - ...... - it's so much easier to believe a few soundbites rather than think.

Erm, democracy. Isn't that where we vote in those that lead us? Where we can also vote out those we believe are not doing the best for us?

We did not vote in those in the E.U. who are making the rules.

The problem is I have thought about the E.U. and all the rules, regulations and laws being rammed down our throats from the E.U. army (on Salisbury plain not so long ago), to everyday things like being forced to change electrical items from light bulbs to Vacuum cleaners because autocrats issue diktats saying we must.

An E.U. where we cannot deport rapists, muggers, murderers and others from our shores because of the E.U. judicial system and their human rights act etc.

Wake up from you dreamland and see the reality of what is to come if we stay in the E.U.

Where do we go after the vote, regardless of who wins, hmm!

Sandy mentioned his position and I agreed, seems others are now in the same mode. A divided UK and definitely, a divided TVF, but wasn't that always the case:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-poll-polls-live-latest-results-brexit-remain-leave-divided-uk-britain-a7094831.html

Food for thought.

An enormous pension

"Perhaps you could then clarify what taxes he has paid"

Based on your question and the posts, I'm guessing you're on the sauce.

Of course you don't have to answer ..

'Kinnock's 10 Million Pay Off and the EU secret bank accounts '

http://christophereverard.co.uk/kinnocks-10-million-pay-off-and-the-eu-secret-bank-accounts/

Typical dumb comment. You want 1M pensioners returning to UK? How much stress would that put on the NHS?

1 Million pensioners in (if that is the case) and 4 million plus Migrants out. that's a good deal I reckon. at least the 1 million pensioners paid into it all their lives which the immigrants have not.
4 million migrants out is probably the dumbest comment in the whole of this thread. Your racism and lgnorance on how the British economy is dependent on the immigrant workforce is truly scary.

The U.K. needs SOME migrant workers. And they should be the ones we want, not those forced upon us. We vertainly do not need 100's of thousands every year like we are getting at the moment.

Don't forget also that many of these immigrants are not even working, but they are taking from our economy.

**had to remove some text.

Where do we go after the vote, regardless of who wins, hmm!

Sandy mentioned his position and I agreed, seems others are now in the same mode. A divided UK and definitely, a divided TVF, but wasn't that always the case:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-poll-polls-live-latest-results-brexit-remain-leave-divided-uk-britain-a7094831.html

Food for thought.

Whatever the vote is tomorrow, we have had a good debate overall and I hope that IN or OUT, democracy remains and people can still debate issues.

Where would we be if we all agreed with each other on everything? Now THAT would be a boring world gigglem.gif

Enjoying a layover in Amsterdam prior to returning to UK tomorrow to vote

Went to the Rijks Museum to soak up some culture (Rembrandt and Vermeer of course!)

A couple of points occurred while looking at grand masters

1) While looking at Waterloo, it came home to me that Wellington would never have defeated Napoleon without help from the Dutch army and crucially the Prussians (Germans for the poorly educated)

2) The treaty ending the 80 year war between the Dutch and the Spanish was signed at Munster (Germany)

In short, its obvious that we Europeans are in this together!

Incidentally, I had forgotten what a civilised place The Netherlands is! Clean, no litter and no chavs (as far as I could see)! What has happened in the UK? The Dutch seem to be handling things much better.......

I noted that at Schipol, immigration is automated. Again, our poor "border force" suffer poor investment! We should be automatically monitoring ALL departures and arrivals. How hard can it be? Its not an EU problem, its a British Government problem!