Im impressed with NETFLIX thailand. Glad to have cut the cord

davidst01

Cutting the cord from TrueVisions was the best thing Ive ever done. The monthly fee on Netflix is really low and theres a lot of excellent content to watch. The new merger with Disney et al will come into fruition soon and thus there will be even more movies.

If you haven't tried Netflix before I highly recommend it. There a lot of excellent stuff to watch on Netflix.

Happy hunting

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the selection of Netflix Thailand is very limited. After a month you have seen it all.

Does iFlix work on Samsung Smart TVs? Will have to give it a go - thanks mate.

I use a Google Chromecast

Cutting the cord from TrueVisions was the best thing Ive ever done. The monthly fee on Netflix is really low and theres a lot of excellent content to watch. The new merger with Disney et al will come into fruition soon and thus there will be even more movies.

If you haven't tried Netflix before I highly recommend it. There a lot of excellent stuff to watch on Netflix.

Happy hunting

Who is your phone and Internet with? I had internet and phone with them but recently found out my bills will be 100baht less every month if I get the digital cable package too. Also bumped my wifi speeds way up too.. Less money for more service, sounds good to me.

Truevisions is totally different from Netflix or Iflix. Truevisions is a collection of tv channels like cnn, bbc or hbo. Netflix and Iflix is a collection of series and movies.

Iflix is very limited in terms of connectivity. You can only use it on android or ios devices. If you have a tv (either smart or dumb) you need a chromecast (or similar) or an hdmi cable. Also the quality is not as good as Netflix HD hence the low monthly fee.

Edited by sniffdog

I tried TrueVisions back in 2010 and it was terrible then - funny to see that nothing has changed! I had dreadful reception issues with Truevisions, weird purple lines on the screen at times and frozen images at others, I canceled it after six months.
I like Netflix but I also download a lot of content. A few years ago, I bought an Android TV box for around 2,500 baht from a Chinese site aliexpress, I'd really recommend one. I already had a Samsung Smart TV, but the Android box has it's own CPU, GPU and RAM so I can browse the web, watch YouTube, watch Netflix and run Android apps. It's really changed the way I use my TV.

Kodi ... I never found a reliable source. I cant understand why people are so happy with it. Perhaps they have low standards.

I use Exodus on Kodi. I search for the best movies on Netflix (google) and then download them on Kodi. Unless you have a Netflix configured VPN Netflix is rather limiting in Thailand also it slows down the internet while your wife is playing online with facebook cat videos.

Why would anyone pay for either Netflix or Iflix when they can get Kodi for free and watch anything you want.

Why would anyone buy anything from 7-11 when you can just stuff it in your jacket and steal it?

We got True Platinum satellite service at a bit over 1500 baht for 5 month then it goes to 2100 after that. Glad I don't need to pinch pennies where I have to put up with crap (in my experience) like Kodi when I want to watch sports. Streaming sucks. A buddy of mine got me talked in to one of those Android boxes. Luckily I was able to sell it. I've hooked to my parents DirectTV streaming account. Terrible. I tried out the NFL streaming. Nope. My Satellite service has been flawless. World Snooker Championship, F1, MotoGP, WRC, all in HD and no waiting on a crappy stream. Nice selection of Discovery/History/National Geographic shows and some decent movies from time to time. For other movies/tv shows if nothing is on True, I'll just hit up Showbox and download (not stream) something interesting.

I do have Kodi on my PC and I still fire it up and play with it occasionally, but just haven't been impressed so far. Can anyone comment on the streaming quality of a paid subscription for Sportsmania? http://www.sportsmania.eu/sites/view.php?pg=home

As I said ... If you like ilikehd or kodi you must have low standards.

For me the following combination works the best

Private tracker

Seedbox

Ftp connection to seedbox

Sublight (for english subs)

But if traffic from isp is ok, Netflix is Ok.

I also liked Netflix, at first, their site if very well done but they hardly ever update their movies and they're even slow on their TV shows. Take one of my current favorites Black Sails, great show and you can see the new episodes sooner on this free TV Site: http://www.watchepisodes.to/ It has a fantastic selection of TV shows and if you register(no fees) they will send you email notices of new episodes as they're uploaded...great service. For movies I use http://rainierland.com/ and http://putlocker.is/ both are free, no need to pay True(except for the many sports junkies) or Netflix or buy cds anymore. Cheers, David

Unless you have a top notch internet connection streaming TV is impossible to watch. I have tried and gave up after seeing repeated buffering, pauses and connection drops. I will stick with Truevisions. It's only 50 baht a day and i get excellent HD reception, instant viewing of the channel i want, recording onto PVR, and no frustrating buffering.

Unless you have a top notch internet connection streaming TV is impossible to watch. I have tried and gave up after seeing repeated buffering, pauses and connection drops. I will stick with Truevisions. It's only 50 baht a day and i get excellent HD reception, instant viewing of the channel i want, recording onto PVR, and no frustrating b

You must be in dial up still. Just a medium level connection is more than enough

I tried TrueVisions back in 2010 and it was terrible then - funny to see that nothing has changed! I had dreadful reception issues with Truevisions, weird purple lines on the screen at times and frozen images at others, I canceled it after six months.

I like Netflix but I also download a lot of content. A few years ago, I bought an Android TV box for around 2,500 baht from a Chinese site aliexpress, I'd really recommend one. I already had a Samsung Smart TV, but the Android box has it's own CPU, GPU and RAM so I can browse the web, watch YouTube, watch Netflix and run Android apps. It's really changed the way I use my TV.

Hello jadee could you give a link or maybe only the full name of this box of you?wai.gif

Truevisions is not all that bad. They now broadcast series a couple hours after America. And the HD channels are ok. But its pricy at 2100 baht a month.

Truvisions recently (and without any warning) cut several of our channels - eg: ManUTV - which is the only thing I watch! However, they have not reduced our monthly fees and this seems typical 'bahaviour' from cable TV/satellite companies as we expereinced the same thing when we lived in HK. In effect I believe that this is a form of stealing - yet try and get them to understand this let alone reduce your fees! Will drop Truvisions asap!

I dumped TrueVisions six months ago and I too am so happy to have done that. Rubbish content, constant repeats, annoying advertising, auto-volume increase during adverts, overpriced, poor service.

I now use ExpatTV, to get access to virtually every UK channel, all programs for the past seven days.

Great service from these guys, as a Brit, content is exactly what I want and a fraction of the price of True. Only F1 is missing for me, but they have a partner deal with 360TV that brings all the sport.

Edited by PMZ

Why not cut the cord with Netflix and cable and get Kodi. Totally free. Every movie and tv show from USA and UK. TOTALLY FREE. Commercial free and no ads. Watching YouTube videos will show you how to set it up. I originally had it on my laptop and connected the laptop to the TV to watch it but now have a smart tv and bought something called Mimix ( like Apple or Roku ) with Kodi pre loaded. Simple and easy to use.

Netflix USA had a lot of great content that is not available here in Thailand - I am finding it limited and they just seemed to have discontinued a series I was near the end of watching!!

I am soon going to look for other options.

Netflix USA had a lot of great content that is not available here in Thailand - I am finding it limited and they just seemed to have discontinued a series I was near the end of watching!!

I am soon going to look for other options.

Get a vpn you'll need one eventually anyway here in Thailand.

Never watched TV in my life but now became a TV series Junkie often cramming several seasons in a week or 2. Netflix rocks! True seriously sucks

how can I get netflex?

Smart TV or android box or hook up an old computer to the TV and use the TV as a monitor.