M'bikes and motorway 7

emilymat

There may be no answer to this but has anyone been prosecuted for using the last stretch of the motorway into Pattaya on a m'bike.?

The reason I ask is that I try and stay within the law at all times (when I know what it is!). However, to now get into town from the lake by m'bike is getting increasingly difficult with Siam CC road being ripped up and a new flyover and road beginning construction just before the lake.

I see m'bikes and even those mobile food vendor contraptions on the m'way when I am using my car.

Question is I suppose, are the cops turning a 'blind eye' to this stretch or do they book people periodically?. I'm a fatalist - I'm sure I would be stopped and suffer 3 months in the slammer - if you believe the sign!.

Thanks all.thumbsup.gif

Yep, the fine is 5k for motos on the motorway. However, I take that stretch of roadway both ways almost daily (but in a car) and have never seen any enforcement action

going on.

That's a lot, im supersized but if that is what it is. ok by me

Wish they would have that figure for a few other more dangerous traffic violations around pattaya

like we see all day long.

Edited by onemorechang

Yep, the fine is 5k for motos on the motorway. However, I take that stretch of roadway both ways almost daily (but in a car) and have never seen any enforcement action

going on.

Wish they would have that figure for a few other more dangerous traffic violations around pattaya

......and/or 3 months in prison, according to the sign. That's what I found bizzare.

going on.

......and/or 3 months in prison, according to the sign. That's what I found bizzare.

What's unusual bout that? Many laws in Thailand (USA too) have dual penalties like this. Both seem a bit excessive for the crime but that's a different issue.

Also, I believe both penalities are "up to," which provides allot of room for negotiation with the officer or judge ?

Y'know, I think all's good until those orange and blue toll booth thingys kick in.

Also as others say perhaps pay the tea money.

This may not be helpful (as it's only for daytime) but maybe park your bike anywhere convenient on SSCC road

and take the red taxi it's good for Klang and Nua?

Works for me as I've given up driving here and sometimes the missus is too busy to taxi me.smile.png

going on.

You boasting or was that a typo?

going on.

You boasting or was that a typo?

Yes boasting facepalm.gif

next coffee1.gif

I was told that there is a quite new 5000 baht - fine warning - sign if using motorbike when i asked this some weeks ago..

I was planning then to go to transport - office and using 7.

I went to the land office to re-register my motorbike and used Sukumvit north to Hwy 36. They closed 2 1/2 hrs early for some mysterious reason so the second time I used smaller roads paralleling M-Way 7 and only hit one dead end. After a slight correction, I arrived with only about 10 minutes extra travel time. Kinda makes going to the Land Office a bit of an adventure.

Edited by Ken Khomdee

I think it's kind of an unofficial law that you are allowed on the motorway until the big intersection with highway 36. Went this way to go to the DMV.

Is that the same "unofficial law" that allows going through red lights, speeding at whatever you want and driving the wrong way against traffic............facepalm.gif

I have often seen motorbikes/sidecars beyond this point and still never seen any enforcement.