Four Car Pile up On Pattaya Nua. One Fatality and Several Injured

rooster59

Four Car Pile up On Pattaya Nua. One Fatality and Several Injured

by Albert Jack

post-247607-0-63354000-1464991618_thumb.

PATTAYA: At 9.30am on the morning of June 3 the Pattaya Police Department were called out to a serious accident on Pattaya Nua close to the Roonruang Bus Station.

Sawangboriboon Medics were also on the scene attending to several injured people and one fatality.

A bronze Mitsubishi Strada, registered in Petchaboon had right-hand side damage and was blocking the left-hand lane. A black Nissan Big M had severe front-end damage in the middle lane and the driver’s door was wide open.

A white Toyota Camry had front end damage and a grey Toyota Vigo had also been smashed at the rear. In the road lay the body of twenty-six year old Arthit Sukhon from Kampaengpetch, the driver of the Nissan Big M, who had sustained serious head injuries.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224854/four-car-pile-pattaya-nua-one-fatality-several-injured/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-06-04

Oh they can drive faster if you want them to....

On Jomtien 2nd road I see all manner of vehicles that are doing over 80 mph / 130 kph ..in a town for crying out loud.

Guys on big motor bikes that cover a a kilometer in about 15 seconds. They let rip just after the lights at the turn to the beach and they are passing the Rompho bars in about 5 seconds and heading over the top of the hill to Rim Haad condos 10 seconds later...mental.

Not just locals, many foreigners do this. They also try to do this in cars and Cement trucks....

I have seen what a Fortuner can do to a small saloon when it hits it at over 150 km - it looks like the remains of a car bomb.

Theprasit road is another race track. With double parked cars and vehicles driving as fast as they do on a highway...

To die and be thrown from a truck you have go to be moving at a hellova a rate.

The really bad bit about all this is the collateral damage these morons can cause.

they blocked off the u turn at the bus depot so theres no need to slow down when approaching that junction any more so its warp speed khun sulu we need to get to the green light on sukhumvit

......or we die.....

Bit strange, the Nissan does not look too badly damaged, enough to cause a death??

(just seen #6, fully agree)

Not too bad?

Really?

And combined with the fact that he was not buckled up (THE Thai norm) and flew out of the car I guess that could be enough?

Would be interesting to know whether the pickup had a driver airbag.

For those who say "airbag is enough, why buckle up".

IMG_5148.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

Bit strange, the Nissan does not look too badly damaged, enough to cause a death??

(just seen #6, fully agree)

Not too bad?

Really?

And combined with the fact that he was not buckled up (THE Thai norm) and flew out of the car I guess that could be enough?

Would be interesting to know whether the pickup had a driver airbag.

For those who say "airbag is enough, why buckle up".

IMG_5148.jpg

Lots of front end damage but little to no cabin intrusion. If the fool had been wearing a seatbelt, he wouldn't have been thrown from the cab into the street and busted up his head or neck hitting the pavement.

If he was the driver, why was he dead in the road?

I don't even know how you could drive fast enough there to cause a fatality

My thoughts too, generally a tail back there from the lights. It looks like it happened on the Sukhumvit bound carriageway and there was perhaps some racing from the 3rd Rd junction lights. Tragic... driving around Pattaya is really getting bad.

they blocked off the u turn at the bus depot so theres no need to slow down when approaching that junction any more so its warp speed khun sulu we need to get to the green light on sukhumvit

......or we die.....

You're correct of course.

To add another observation. Many belt down that stretch and lane change a lot. The reason is that some (non local) did not know the U turn at the bus station was closed and they then belt up to the Suk to make an 'illegal' U turn.

The others, (probably locals) switch lanes to the centre - even though they intend to turn left onto Suk. They know that if they stay in the RH side lane, they could be held up by some bozo doing and illegal u turn at the top - where they are held up.

Clearly you need to know this part of Nua to understand this. Apologizes to those who are not familiar.

If he was the driver, why was he dead in the road?

I don't even know how you could drive fast enough there to cause a fatality

My thoughts too, generally a tail back there from the lights. It looks like it happened on the Sukhumvit bound carriageway and there was perhaps some racing from the 3rd Rd junction lights. Tragic... driving around Pattaya is really getting bad.

I agree tragic and sad and just another young life wasted

You need to look in a mirror to see the person who is responsible for your safety

The saying you reap what you sow springs to mind