Angry villagers demand womanizing abbot leaves Rayong temple

rooster59

Angry villagers demand womanizing abbot leaves Rayong temple

post-247607-0-39966700-1464999691_thumb.

Image: Daily News

RAYONG: A hundred angry villagers descended on a well known Rayong temple to demand that its abbot leave immediately.

Village headmen, elders and temple wardens convened a meeting in the central pavilion of the temple after repeated calls for the removal of the abbot had fallen on deaf ears. The villagers said they had CCTV evidence that showed that the abbot had been involved in nighttime activities with the opposite sex in a nearby village.

They said that complaints at tambon, ampher and provincial level had been ignored and the monk was still up to his unacceptable behavior. So they had taken the unusual step of coming to the temple en masse to get rid of him.

One villager got up and said "We have caught you having relations with women in the village. In addition you have used money, given to you by us in making merit, to spend on women." Villagers strongly agreed with the statement and called for the abbot to pack up his robes and clear off within 24 hours.

The temple, abbot and village were not named.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-04

It looks like the Monkhood has joined the Thai Culture of Corruption, following the paths of the Corrupt Politicians, Government Officials, Police, ect!

Now the Monks all over Thailand are involved in Corruption, too. Amazing Thailand!

It looks like the Monkhood has joined the Thai Culture of Corruption, following the paths of the Corrupt Politicians, Government Officials, Police, ect!

Now the Monks all over Thailand are involved in Corruption, too. Amazing Thailand!

All pale in comparison to the Catholic Church, the British media and FIFA.

go for it monk as long the idiots keep giving you money, i know a girl now who is very poor (but got the latest phone) send me good morning stickers every morning early, "i say why you up this early" she said, " i have to go to temple every day early to make merit and give money to monks for good luck as i am in bad money situation".was going to say yeah and its getting worse,,save ya money love, but it would fall on deaf ears.

Monks have brought a good amount of controversy to the Temple...it is the perfect place to become corrupt...as most Thais trust they are going about their spiritual duties...not wallowing in the muck as non-monks do...

A good house cleaning by Monks who take their religion seriously...is definitely needed and warranted...

That's probably true, but then the Brits, of which I am one have much more experience at this sort of thing AND more importantly,

what has that got to do with a womanizing monk in Thailand?

The universality of opportunism?

go for it monk as long the idiots keep giving you money, i know a girl now who is very poor (but got the latest phone) send me good morning stickers every morning early, "i say why you up this early" she said, " i have to go to temple every day early to make merit and give money to monks for good luck as i am in bad money situation".was going to say yeah and its getting worse,,save ya money love, but it would fall on deaf ears.

Don't be too tough on them. They need the money to buy their 4X4 trucks, notebooks, iPhones, first class seats on planes and a multitude of other pleasures like sex and booze.

There has been quite a bit of airing of dirty saffron robes of late. The more the better and then people might wake up.

Hmmm, it seems to be a never-ending story, monks and women. facepalm.gif

BUT, how is it, that all the women who sleep with monks do that?!? Women are not allowed to even touch a monk, so how come they have sex with them??? Are the monks blackmailing them? Are they forced in any way?

Why do the women not simply say NO to horny monks? If all women refuse to sleep with monks, the whole thing would be over before it even started… Problem solved tongue.png

Or should I adopt a more cynical view, in the way that money makes EVERYTHING possible in Thailand?!? whistling.gif

I wonder if all this negative press is hitting their morning donations.

Could this be a new spoke in the Corruption Hub?

So lets's just forget about it, eh?

Corruption so often exists because it is 'justified' by comparison with 'worse' activity elsewhere.

Come on lads lighten up a little OK so its not right I know BUT

Lets be honest there are others not a million miles away more deserving of your wrath

I can see the amusing side of all this and its not the end of the world

Unless of course which is the problem at this wat your wifey or GF might just be playing away

Gullible people get short shift from me especially when their noses are rubbed in it on a regular basis

I have no interest in any religion WHATSOEVER

In fact I have not been anywhere near a church since the bottom dropped out of the price of lead

And when do you think these Saffron Clad Mafia joined "the Thai culture of corruption"? This week or maybe last century - they have been and are, absolutely rotten to the core.

Edited by Generalchaos