NON-O to NON-B

Hi,

I'm getting lost in all of the visa stuff so I would really appreciate some help.
I've entered Thailand in December on a NON-B Visa, the foundation that I work at was unable to get the documents for a work permit in time and I was also unable to re-apply for a NON-B on my visa run in Laos as our manager did not give me the correct papers.

So I went to Laos and applied for a NON-O based on volunteer work.

Now I want to reapply for a NON-B Visa.

For this you need a letter of approval from the department of employment or something similar.

I've found the WP1 form but filling it in I of course have to fill in what kind of visa I'm on.

So does this mean that the letter will state that it is for a NON-O visa only?

If so does anyone have any advice on what to do (with a very small budget, as working for an NGO I do not get a high salary)

The normal visa to have when working with a NGO is the non-o visa.

The only requirement to have a work permit issued is a non immigrant visa.

You cannot change to a non-b visa within the country.

The normal visa to have when working with a NGO is the non-o visa.

The only requirement to have a work permit issued is a non immigrant visa.

You cannot change to a non-b visa within the country.

But I'm working on a salary, and a NON-O visa is a volunteer visa for which you are not allowed to receive a salary, correct?

I'm doing this long term, I'm not doing volunteer work but working in the office of an NGO. Therefore I felt what I needed was a NON-B.

I know I cannot change visa's within the country I was going to go to Laos to do it.

If you can get the work permit issued with your non-o visa you would not need to get a non-b visa. You could apply for a extension of stay at immigration of your 90 day entry from the non-o visa.

If you can get the work permit issued with your non-o visa you would not need to get a non-b visa. You could apply for a extension of stay at immigration of your 90 day entry from the non-o visa.

The thing is I need a way to stay here long term, due to my boyfriend of 3 years not being able to leave the country (or province for that matter).

However already being on a NON-O I guess you're right I could just do that and when I go home to visit family I can apply for a NON-B which is more easy.

Is the application for a work permit when you're on a NON-O the same? I have the WP1 form here.

Because the application asks for your salary, and you need to have an overview of the financial for the previous year.

However as a 'volunteer' I will not be receiving salary and I know an NGO in Thailand is actually not required to keep track of income and outcome as they also don't pay taxes.

Do you happen to know if I would need the financial bit as well if you're not a company but registered as a foundation.

I'm sorry for my many questions, but I am the only and first foreigner working at this NGO, and my boss is just as much lost as I am.

If you get an extension it may valid for a year or 90 days dependent upon the organization. If you get the extension you not need a non-b visa,

The class of the non immigrant visa you have does require a different work permit application form.

You should not not any financial info for the NGO.

If you get an extension it may valid for a year or 90 days dependent upon the organization. If you get the extension you not need a non-b visa,

The class of the non immigrant visa you have does require a different work permit application form.

You should not not any financial info for the NGO.

Thanks for your help, me and my boss are going to go to the work permit office next week to try to sort out the work permit for my NON-O visa.