More on "Farang Bike Thieves"

junglechef

This is the Facebook post by someone who included their name and picture (which I am assuming are both real) (removed)

Neighbourhood Watch Community Notice:

Last night 3rd June - 2 rental mountain bikes from Marble Rental were stolen from the front of my friends apartment at Yak Guesthouse near Thae Pa Gate.

1 x red and white
1 x black

May have the marble rental sticker on the bikes. 1 large helmet also stolen.

CCTV has picked up the face and visual identity of the thieves. My guess is they were drunk travellers probably staying in the old town area.

Please share these photos around so we can locate the bikes, if you see any bikes that look abandoned or see these 2 guys around - please contact myself or so I can pass on to my friend.

Police have also been notified.

Please keep an eye out. And make sure you lock up your bikes smile.png

I do not have any personal interest or information for posting this in TV except that I am a honest cyclists. JC

Edited by CharlieH
comment on Moderation removed as per forum rule 10.

Bicycle thieves should be damned to the 4th Ring of Hell!angry.png

Perhaps this was a drunken or stupid prank, like the Chinese guy who rode off on a Samlor. Might just be sitting outside another guesthouse somewhere. Get this out on Facebook maybe try the FB group "Chiang Mai Used Secondhand Bikes Buy and Sell Bicycles in Thailand" The cycling community has done a job getting bikes recovered in some circumstances.

These bums are on video taking something of value that is not theirs to take. That is a definition of theft! Worse as the bikes are hired the renters may be fleeced by the Shop for

Heavy costs of replacement with new equipment.

If drunkenness was a valid excuse for committing a crime; there would be a lot more floor space in Thai prisons. I would like to see them make an example out of these punks. Perhaps, they can be covergirls on Backpacker Magazine and word will get out in its circles to not do stuff like that, especially in a foreign country, where most do not even know what a jury is.

Have zero sympathy for these perps .They left their rental bikes unlocked and in plain view outside the Guesthouse that they were staying during the night .Hope Marble come down on them like a ton of ,em Marble .

Another "borrowed" bike post on FB from Sunday June 5

"Velocity The Cyclist Shop.

15 hrs · Chiang Mai ·

ประกาศตามหาฝรั่งชาวต่างชาติรูปพรรณสัณฐานตามในรูปผิวขาวผมสั้น ขี่จักรยานเสือหมอบTrek สีขาวเบาะขาว โดยชายคนดังกล่าวได้ยืมจักรยานแม่บ้านSchwinn สีเขียวอ่อนไปตั้งแต่วันที่2และไม่ได้นำกลับมาคืนหากใครรู้จักพบเห็นช่วยแจ้งเค้าให้นำมาคืนด้วยครับ

Announcement looking for gum foreigner complexion, according to the white picture short cycling tiger down trek white upholstery brush by this guy can borrow a bike light green schwinn housekeeper since day 2 and didn't bring it back if anyone knows help report him found To bring back."

(the English is from FB's translation)

post-101742-0-31389600-1465166253_thumb.

post-101742-0-21873200-1465166277_thumb.

post-101742-0-81463700-1465166311_thumb.

post-101742-0-76094900-1465166321_thumb.

Pretty shitty behaviour, in a Foreign country where the locals earn about 10% of the normal income from where these lowlifes come from.

Drunks do stupid things ,like wanting a fight or bending car aerials or robbing bikes .Never had such urges myself ,but i know others have and so i lock up my bicycle ,when unattended .

Edited by anto