Advice On Travelling

villanic

I think you should just get familiar with all of the different forums here at ThaiVisa and start reading what interests. There is a travel forum if that is what you think you will be doing and there are forums for the various parts of the country that you might have a particular interest in. Its hard for someone to offer you advise since there are so many different possibilities...its better if you find out first what interests you and after you read what you can find then ask some more focused questions. One way to find out about a particular topic you are interested in is by using the search function. You'll find it at the bottom of every topic I think. It lets you search for words or combinations of words in whatever forum you are in. So if you wanted to search for silk in various places you should go to each of the forums for different places and search for silk. There is also a google search window available to use but I've never used that one but I'm sure you could figure it out yourself.

Welcome to TV,

Chownah

Since you've got the time (4-5 months yet) read Lonely Planet's books on Thailand and Vietnam. Also, Lonely Planet has some good on-line stuff with recent reports and tips from travelers to these countries. I've lived here four years and have traveled extensively in both countries, and use the LP resources often.

I always find that my Lonely Planet books are the best "information-per-pound" items to put into my backpack. My editions, bought before I came here, are six years out of date, but the bulk of the information is still very helpful.