Bruges gets beer pumped in by pipeline

rooster59

Bruges gets beer pumped in by pipeline

By Catherine Hardy

post-247607-0-17855000-1465100225_thumb.

Belgium’s beer pipeline

Beer-loving Belgians have helped to fund an underground beer pipeline to protect the historic centre of one of their most beautiful cities.

Known to millions for its heritage, Bruges is a UNESCO-protected site.

A local brewery has built a pipeline to transport he amber liquid to its bottling plant – which means no huge lorries in the medieval streets.

The beer necessities

The pipeline will pump 4000 litres of beer an hour to the bottling plant which is three kilometres away.

The total cost was four million euros.

Ten percent was financed through a crowd-funding initiative.

What they are saying

De Halve Maan brewery director Xavier Vanneste decided a pipeline would be a better option.

“When I saw people working in the streets making data cables and other kinds of cables and by talking to those people that you realise that it was just possible to do it.”

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-05

Those Belgians have style........

Wonder if you can get a personal connection direct into your house?

But than it should be a "Flat-rate" deal. wink.png

Well a few folks like flat beer, but not me. My main concern would be if it's well chilled on arrival.

OK, Brexiteers!

Beer pipelines!

Beat that!

Now this is civilisation... this is what our collective societies have been working towards since that first mob downed tools and stopped that nomad malarkey in Mesopotamia somewhere. Who's the Nobel laureate who thought of this? Genius is not strong enough word!

I know... LEGEND!!!

Arise Sir Xavier Vanneste! Campion!

drunk.gif

Edited by NumbNut

When I lived in the suburbs of Copenhagen, one could not get milk delivered. BUT they delivered crates of beer! Red for Carlesberg green for Tuborg. There was even a special refrigerated drawer in the kitchen which took one crate exactly. Civilisation.

Of course your average Brexiteer would want his alcopops or American "beer". Tough ?