opalred

for many years have had tot internet and iptv cost 1400 month

before got service within 2days

i have had the internet and tv going on and off

sometimes every 5min on off in past 5days

rang bkk 7times same story yes get some one to look at it

had enough think go to 3bb

anyone try them cheers

My landline bill says TOT on the top but I have True internet so sorry if this isn't helpful but do you have a router or any hardware?
I don't know how IPTV works but I've had True for years and last year I had an experience similar to yours where the internet would drop repeatedly.
True sent a technician and they advised that the router was old and needed replacing. I swapped the old one for a new one at True and the internet was perfect after that. I never knew this before but the technician advised that routers can often last as little as 2 years if they constantly overheat. I googled this and many 'techies' use fans to cool their routers to get more stable connections, I found you can even buy 'router coolers' for around $12 online. If IPTV has any hardware, it could be that.

TOT also seem to be employing sub contractors, who seem not to give a toss as long as they manage to do an installation, whether correctly or incorrectly.

We had them turn up on a Saturday to install FTTH, told them straight off I didn't want their crappy TP Link router. They insisted that without it, the FTTH would not work, so I let them get on.

They basically installed an optical bridge modem, Chinese ZTE or something to the FTTH, then they connected their TP Link router and plugged in a laptop and tested the connection which they said was fine.

Next they took an Ethernet cable and simply hooked that up from the TP Link router to my existing wireless router and left.

So the internet was totally screwed as we were double NAT everything which just screwed everything up.

They left no passwords or log ons for the TP Link. I managed to log on to it and pull up the user name, then phoned TOT who gave me the password.

Once I had this, I removed the TP Link and set up my Linksys as the PPOE and now it works fine.

Anyone not knowing how to set this up they would have been stuffed! As far as they were concerned, as long as they were able to connect their laptop to the internet that was as far as they went, they didn't give a flying fart that they had hooked up my existing router in a manner that could not even get to the internet.

As far as the installation went, well, I cannot complain, the cable run and the splicing is excellent, fair play to the tech guy that hooked up the FTTH, he made an excellent job and we are getting about 24mB/ 11mB from their 20/10 deal, so no complaints there, just the software guys that came with them that didn't do a proper job.

yes told me to get new box did so same problem

they dont care

one of my phone calls to them put me on hold till got a english speaker

waiting could hear a large party going on in background

the last call i did told themif not fixed that day

would cancel and go to 3bb next day

surprise 1hr later have full service backnow

A few years ago telephone and internet went off, rang them and they said they had cut the cable as they were changing to a new line. I asked how long it would take and they said at least a week as they didn't have the new equipment yet.

TOT is one of those outfits where it's vital to get to know your local tech, their call centre is total carp (even in Thai so it's not a language issue).

Been with them since 2012 when we moved in to our house, WiNet at first (no phone lines available) and later FTTH.

A little 'lunch' money for the tech and his mate ensures flawless service smile.png

I almost hesitate to repeat:

I have ToT fibre here in our upcountry village for more than two years.

Little to no issues during the time.

And yes, we also have two numbers at the local office and let the wife/daughter call in case.

They gave the numbers when they did the installation in the house.

Last time it was a power outage at their switching station.

So you know: wait and find another past-time tongue.png

Worst was a hool lorry driver who took down all communication cables to the village.

You will know much quicker with a local contact.

Just yesterday I did different speedtests and there is no reason to complain.

It differs from location to location.

Edited by KhunBENQ