Scooter Rider Saved from Death by Emergency Services on Pattaya Nua

webfact

Scooter Rider Saved from Death by Emergency Services on Pattaya Nua
Story by Albert Jack

p2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 8pm on the evening of June 4 police were called to an accident outside the Jae Jook Seafood Restaurant on Pattaya Nua, close to Tesco Lotus.

There Sawangboriboon medics were dealing with a dark blue Suzuki Step motorcycle that had smashed into a black Isuzu Avenger and been completely wrecked. The rider, thirty-three year old Nirooj Phumanas was found to be close to his last breath when the rescue team performed emergency CPR and rushed the dying man to Banglamung Hospital.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224911/scooter-rider-saved-death-emergency-services-pattaya-nua/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-06-06

I know those traffic lights outside Tesco/Lotus. They are there for the pedestrian crossing, and over 99% of drivers ignore the red signal (due to severe bout of boredom I once surveyed them for one hour, so I know what I'm talking about). Nirooj Phumanas clearly didn't expect the lady driver to stop for red light and smashed in the back of her vehicle. Som nam nah to him, and I hope that his insurance company pays for her damage.

I know those traffic lights outside Tesco/Lotus. They are there for the pedestrian crossing, and over 99% of drivers ignore the red signal (due to severe bout of boredom I once surveyed them for one hour, so I know what I'm talking about). Nirooj Phumanas clearly didn't expect the lady driver to stop for red light and smashed in the back of her vehicle. Som nam nah to him, and I hope that his insurance company pays for her damage.

s

Which may have been the cause of the fatal accident reported yesterday further up Nua at the lights close to the bus station

Pedestrian crossings!!!!! Generally to be Ignored by Thais as an inconvenience

I don't quite understand why the medics would be dealing with the dark blue suzuki step motorcycle and then decided to help the man?

I also agree with cunuckamuck as to why they would give cpr to a man who is still breathing?

It's so simple, the medics were dealing with an incident involving the bike that the injured man was riding. Don't forget that the original report would have been made in Thai and what you read is a translation.

The report does say that the rider was near his last breath, perhaps an accurate translation would have said he had drawn his last breath, hence CPR.