Can I fly out and back in on the same day to get another 30 days

I will start teaching soon and am waiting for my all papers being made ready to go to Vientiane to get the correct visa for that. But they are not ready yet so I am looking for an alternative until they arrive.

I arrived here from Holland (I am Dutch) on the 28th of april with a 30 days exemption and bought me another 30 days at Jomtien immigration.I have to leave 26 june. If possible I want to avoid, should the papers not arrive on time, going to Vientiane and paying twice so I hope the alternative I thought of is possible.

Should the papers not be there before 26 june I will fly out to Kuala Lumpur with Air Asia and return the same day . That should give me another 30 days (with perhaps the possibility to buy another 30 days for 1.900 Baht at immigration).

I did this the last time I stayed here too and there were no problems at Don Muang. That was 15 december 2015 after which I fly back to Holland on 23 january 2016 where I stayed for 3 months. I have a confirmed/payed return flight back to Europe for august 152016 just in case the teaching job falls through.

Will I have problems when I arrive back on the same day 26 june ?

Thanks Joe for your answer...................so if I I understand you correctly If I show them upon entering a return flight ticket within the following 30 days I will be allright.

Immigration will not ask for the ticket. Air Asia may ask to see one in order to board your flight back from KL.

• Like 1

As ubon pointed out, your problem will be will AirAsia perhaps wishing to see onward flight. I fly often mainly with aa but also jetstar. AA in particular check most often for visa or extension. If none exist they want to see outbound flight. In another current thread a member mentioned he flew x Singapore to Thailand to obtain visa exempt entry. Jetstar did not check his onward flight. At present I'm in Japan. At boarding two days ago myself and tgf were set aside to show return ticket. In particular wanted to check tgf was returning prior to her 15 day visa exempt period.

I suggest you will need outbound flight with AA.

You can buy a throw away ticket to say Vientiane for 1000baht. (They start direct there July 1).

I would go early check in at desk and if onward flight required, just do one from phone. Show confirmed status on phone job done. Allow little extra time.

• Like 1

So my confirmed and fully return ticket to Amsterdam dated 15 august 2016 will not do.?.........................

The ticket out must be within 30 days of arrival when doing a visa exempt entry.

I used to fly to Singapore and wait in the transit lounge for the next flight back. Strictly speaking you only have to leave Thailand and re-enter, but Thai Immigration want to see you enter the other country, even though you can stay in the Airport Hotel in the transit area for weeks if you wanted. Air Asia never ask to see my return ticket, I buy one way and book the return when I feel like coming back. I also could well be booking a different flight time and therefore airline for the return, I have been flying this way for the last 40 years without problem.

• Like 1

You can buy a throw away ticket to say Vientiane for 1000baht. (They start direct there July 1).

Who is 'they' please ? I'd love a direct flight vs all the connection headaches by land-air-land and back again.

AirAsia

Who is 'they' please ? I'd love a direct flight vs all the connection headaches by land-air-land and back again.

The line above the one you quoted says AA which means Air Asia.

Another option is to buy an onward, refundable, ticket with your credit card, on another airlines.

Get a receipt, print out the ticket, then cancel it.

Be extra careful to read the cancellation policy.

I had one horrible time convincing Norwegian Airlines that I rated a refund (my mom was to fly here, but was hospitalized)

There are many tiny, rules involved.

Refundable tickets are more expensive...but as long as you are refunding it (and using a credit card), it should be fine.

Additionally, I did the same thing you want to do, but I just stayed overnight in KL. They have 700 baht cubicles (like a coffin) on the bottom floor. You get a public shower/toilet, a bed, wifi and a tv.

I flew back into Chiang Mai, and the immigration officer had to ask his boss a lot of questions. (many entries previously)

I now have the proper visa with retirement extension.

Edited by slipperylobster

Airlines charge fees for everything these days, and even when you cash in a "fully-refundable" ticket there's likely to be a "service charge" or a "processing fee" or such. Next to impossible to find a ticket that can be truly refunded at no cost whatever. Add in that many airlines are notorious about taking their sweet time processing refunds.

• Like 1

You can do an out and back for another visa exempt entry without a problem. But you might be asked for a ticket out of the country within 30 days to board your return flight.

You can buy a fake ticket out, might have to pay 1,500, another guy in Poipet paid only 400 Bt.

• Like 1

You can do an out and back for another visa exempt entry without a problem. But you might be asked for a ticket out of the country within 30 days to board your return flight.

You can buy a fake ticket out, might have to pay 1,500, another guy in Poipet paid only 400 Bt.

If I understand this correctly, it is not a "fake ticket" - but rather a real ticket, purchased by an agent who will apply for a refund on it 24 hours later. Those who use this service receive a confirmation of the ticket-purchase, which many use as "proof of onward travel" when boarding planes and/or entering nations under circumstances where this is required by the airline and/or immigration.

If the proof-of-ticket is presented within the 24 hours before it is automatically cancelled, it is still a real and valid ticket, and could be confirmed with the issuing-airline. Attempting to use it after cancellation could get one into legal hot-water - not recommended.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As I opened this topic I am now back

I did fly in and out on the same day from Don Muang last sunday and............I had NO problems at all.

No problemsat immigration when re-entering and no problems/ asking by Air Asia about a return ticket out of Thailand within the 30 days-period.

And it saved me time and money

By the way...still waiting for my teaching-papers.....but this is Thailand

• Like 1