Thai woman falls for "Randy" the handsome US Army general in million baht "Romance scam"

webfact

First off the dead give-a-way is the handsome part, the second is that he is in the army? Lastly, anyone from Nageria has scam written all over it....? Why not just shoot the scum and put him on the next banana boat heading home? Most likely somewhere near Soi 4 in the Arab district where they all seem to hang out....I like to go down there and and yank their chains when they try some scam on me.....just for the amusement factor...??

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that the vast majority of Thai's consider even the slightest tan as ugly, we all know what she found attractive about him. Impossible to have any sympathy for the greedy woman.

He used a picture of a US general (caucasian), stolen from the internet. She had no idea he was an African. Just do a search on FB for "General" or "Gen." and you will see all the scammers and their pages listed. Their friend list is packed with lonely clueless women. I tried warning a few of them but they were already hooked.

Just this morning I was contacted regarding a sum of 20 million as a beneficiary left in a Nigerian bank and would I send all my bank details, which I have done , however I am still waiting for the money a Mr Warren Buffett of NY was going to send me and a guy named Page from the Pentagon had a deal I couldn't refuse, one of the things I did notice wasn't the amount of money I was to receive, it was the terrible spelling, so In gratitude I downloaded a dictionary from Amazon with my bank details to all six thousand over the last decade........................................cheesy.gif

I tell those people that I work for the department of justice and their computers are now being monitored and agents have been sent to arrest them, that they should move quickly.

I just delete and ignore anyone I don't know , so General Prayut hasn't a chance.

Can anyone really have any sympathy for her ?

Most people I would hope, not most people on Thai Visa, but most normal people who aren't bitter and scornful.

If a friend from your home country sent that kind of money, to a Thai lady that he had never met, with promises of love or riches, and when he arrived, she was nowhere to be seen, you would call him a complete dlckhead.

However, you have sympathy for her ? Mmm.

Yea, but my acceptance of someones foolishness and my sympathy are not mutually exclusive.

If your friend cracked his skull open because he wasn't wearing a motorcycle helmet would you have no sympathy because he was foolish?

Most people I would hope, not most people on Thai Visa, but most normal people who aren't bitter and scornful.

If a friend from your home country sent that kind of money, to a Thai lady that he had never met, with promises of love or riches, and when he arrived, she was nowhere to be seen, you would call him a complete dlckhead.

However, you have sympathy for her ? Mmm.

Yea, but my acceptance of someones foolishness and my sympathy are not mutually exclusive.

If your friend cracked his skull open because he wasn't wearing a motorcycle helmet would you have no sympathy because he was foolish?

yes little sympathy

Not now, but last year I was often contacted on Skype. I have no idea how they got my details, but they did. They were ALL generals in the US army and ALL in Afghanistan. That meant they couldn't send me photos - military secrets etc. I always deleted them, but sometimes, just for the devilment, I'd engage in a conversation. It was all lovey dovey sort of stuff. Yuk! Yuk! I once told one that if he was a general in the US army with his English, it sure didn't say much for the US. After about half an hour I was fed up.

everyday, certainly dozens of foreigners are fleeced of their life savings by some greedy hooker, and nothing is done, nobody care.

But if you cheat a thai, the police will be hunting you.

if you get fleeced by a thai hooker (cashier, waitress, or whatever) then you are just as stupid as the woman in this story. greed for money is the same as lust for young pretty woman, it least to stupid acts being done by stupid people.

NO. What ?A General under 60 years old in The US Army ? May be 55 but no younger.What about his accent when he talked ? Only one million baht ? A US General makes that in one month.He should have pocket change of $2,000.00 US

Not to be argumentative because the point you are making is valid, but most make their first star in their forties, and even a four-star makes just over half a million per month. But your basic point is well-taken.

You'd have to be very, very stupid, to fall for this scam. But then, 47 year old woman, ruled by her emotions, last chance saloon. Thai people need to get out more, you're not the only people in this world trying to make a quick buck. Or to put it more succinctly - "What goes around, comes around".

Not now, but last year I was often contacted on Skype. I have no idea how they got my details, but they did. They were ALL generals in the US army and ALL in Afghanistan. That meant they couldn't send me photos - military secrets etc. I always deleted them, but sometimes, just for the devilment, I'd engage in a conversation. It was all lovey dovey sort of stuff. Yuk! Yuk! I once told one that if he was a general in the US army with his English, it sure didn't say much for the US. After about half an hour I was fed up.

I get those too, but have never talked to any of them. And none were called Randy!! I'd be laughed off the planet if i introduced anyone called Randy to my family and friends!!

Even if he was a General!

I get those too, but have never talked to any of them. And none were called Randy!! I'd be laughed off the planet if i introduced anyone called Randy to my family and friends!!

I knew a guy called Andy. and suppose you are wondering what does has to do with the OP ?? His nickname was "Randy Andy" biggrin.png

randy by name randy by nature.

I'm sure Randy said he flew a BlackHawk, was a navy seal, team 6, and everything else is super confidential. not on internet because Obama made his super super secret.

i thought of being a 10-star general in the Army, in charge of the Seals and 101st division.

i got ambushed in Iran and attacked by 12,345 North Koreans.....i used the ring to rule all rings......then rescued by the CIA who dug a tunnel from America!!!! we left on super special flying carpets....

this isn't funny, but a little common sense can save you a lot of money.

Didn't I meet you once in Pattaya ?

everyday, certainly dozens of foreigners are fleeced of their life savings by some greedy hooker, and nothing is done, nobody care.

But if you cheat a thai, the police will be hunting you.

life is soooooooooo unfair. coffee1.gif

Yes.

She is mentally deficient. I don't beliebve we should be laughing when people take advantage of people with low IQs.

What's nest, smiling when pervs have inter course with downs syndrome people?

She is not mentally deficient. She is running her own business and I assume she does quite well.

She is just vulnerable when it comes to love just like many "farang" that lost a fortune here. At least she got some justice.

jup, because she is thai and knows the thai way of getting things done: "RTP, you get back my money, or part of it and i'll donate xx % THB to RTP".

it's how things work here.

falang however get scammed with eyes open too and afterwards complain on some www forum about their ordeal: "i still can't believe why my gf who i used to rent for 1 shot @ 1000thb and who could have been my grand daughter didn't really love me and my 65kg overweight and was only looking for my money. thai people are all scammers. i'm suuuuuuuuuuuch a victim".

You'd have to be very, very stupid, to fall for this scam. But then, 47 year old woman, ruled by her emotions, last chance saloon. Thai people need to get out more, you're not the only people in this world trying to make a quick buck. Or to put it more succinctly - "What goes around, comes around".

yes mate there not too happy when the boots on the other footcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yes.

She is mentally deficient. I don't beliebve we should be laughing when people take advantage of people with low IQs.

What's nest, smiling when pervs have inter course with downs syndrome people?

Not too mentally deficient that she could not find a million baht to send to this <deleted>.

My gf had a neighbor who found a guy like this the photo on the date site was of a spokesperson in the White House , I could not convince her it was a scam but lucky for her nobody would loan her the hundred grand to get a bag full of diamonds, gold and money held up at customs, in fact where she lived nobody had ever seen a hundred grand, she was sorely pissed off with me because I would not front her, and still is.