Anyone living in Phichit?

Nobody55

I live in the Phichit province, a village called Phothale, about 50Ks from Phichit, about 15K from Bangmunnak.

If I can be of any help to you, let me know. Possum.

Hi Possum

Thanks for your reply.

I was looking for a house for rent in Lopburi or Saraburi two cities far away from Phichit , chatting online someone told me about opportunity to rent property in Phichit , I've never been there then i don't know what is the life in this area.

I am a quiet retired living alone, usually i spend my time at home watching tv, surfing on internet, doing my things and going out for shopping some food, i am not a bar lover but i would like to meet and greet someone when it is possible, in short, i wouldn't find myself in a place lost nowhere.

Thanks !

Hi Nobody. I don't know anything about Lopburi except it is full of monkeys, and Saraburi is nearer Bangkok, so I would think it would be more expensive to live there.

There is Nakhon Sawan where there are plenty of rentals at good prices, I used to rent an apartment there when I was a school teacher.

It is only a three and a half hour bus journey to Bangkok, and has good public transport around most parts of the city.

Has two Big Cs, and two Tesco Lotus's in good shopping Malls, and the usual big markets.

Hi Nobody. I don't know anything about Lopburi except it is full of monkeys, and Saraburi is nearer Bangkok, so I would think it would be more expensive to live there.

There is Nakhon Sawan where there are plenty of rentals at good prices, I used to rent an apartment there when I was a school teacher.

It is only a three and a half hour bus journey to Bangkok, and has good public transport around most parts of the city.

Has two Big Cs, and two Tesco Lotus's in good shopping Malls, and the usual big markets.

So Possum in your opinion you think Nakhon Sawan is better than Phichit, right?

Thanks

Thanks

Oh without a doubt, Phichit only has one Tesco Lotus in the shopping mall, and you would need transport to get around

unless you get a motorbike. Nakhon Sawan has baht buses with a fixed fare of 10Bt, they travel through the main parts of the city, the

bus station, and train station, where the Chaing Mai to Bangkok trains stop.

I live right right in the middle, about 60Ks to Nakhon Sawan and about the same to Phichit. but in opposite directions. I know where I would rather stay.

I live 20 km from Phichit province, about 60 km from phichit city. Its not the center of the world thats for sure. There certainly are many foreigners here, but less than in phetchabun and obviously less than NS.

I live 20 km from Phichit province, about 60 km from phichit city. Its not the center of the world thats for sure. There certainly are many foreigners here, but less than in phetchabun and obviously less than NS.

Thanks I guess that many of them are married to Thai women

I go regularly to Phichit where live my wife family.

Sure the region is inexpensive to all views but this city offers in my opinion no benefit to be chosen.

- No mountain, large lake, park or attractive woods.

- City generally flat and unattractive.

- Very few expats and those that I met are bears

- No special offer for Western guys. No steak, no good coffee, no breakfast as we like, no international cuisine. The local culinary specialty is barbecue rat ..bah.gif .

The people are lovely and cheerful, but also elsewhere.

We have a small house in the area but I'd much rather live in Chiang Mai where I rent another house.

Thanks

Oh without a doubt, Phichit only has one Tesco Lotus in the shopping mall, and you would need transport to get around

unless you get a motorbike. Nakhon Sawan has baht buses with a fixed fare of 10Bt, they travel through the main parts of the city, the

I live right right in the middle, about 60Ks to Nakhon Sawan and about the same to Phichit. but in opposite directions. I know where I would rather stay.

Thank you Possum for your useful information.

As I said in another topic my main problem is the language, i think it is a problem of many foreigners who live outside Bangkok and tourist areas, having this issue i think it is useless going around.

I am pretty sure that there will be no real estate agents in Nakhon Sawan , do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks

I go regularly to Phichit where live my wife family.

Sure the region is inexpensive to all views but this city offers in my opinion no benefit to be chosen.

- No mountain, large lake, park or attractive woods.

- City generally flat and unattractive.

- Very few expats and those that I met are bears

- No special offer for Western guys. No steak, no good coffee, no breakfast as we like, no international cuisine. The local culinary specialty is barbecue rat ..bah.gif .

The people are lovely and cheerful, but also elsewhere.

We have a small house in the area but I'd much rather live in Chiang Mai where I rent another house.

Thanks for your information that confirms the doubts that i had

Thanks

Thank you Possum for your useful information.

As I said in another topic my main problem is the language, i think it is a problem of many foreigners who live outside Bangkok and tourist areas, having this issue i think it is useless going around.

I am pretty sure that there will be no real estate agents in Nakhon Sawan , do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks

Yes, the language can be a problem, I have learned some Thai, but my problem is understanding what a Thai person tells me.

You are right about the estate agents, but there is plenty of rental properties in Nakhon Sawan, I particularly wanted one near the school, and

I got one straight across the road. If you are looking for a lot of English speaking, then you won't get it, although there is more of it in Bangkok among the better educated Thais.

Archived